DavesDrivers forums

Full Version: system restore failure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what is the best thing u should do once u hv that problem? for me is re-installation of os and as much as possible, reformat it. i tried to used different tricks like advanced method using installation cd and re-installation of os but it will ended up by re-formatting it and re-installation of os to avoid further error.
once you have complete system failure and all attempts to repair fail your really only left with just the one choice and that is a complete format of your hard drive and clean install of your o/s

A disk image of your working system can save you hours of installing everything again so the key word here is backup.
you're right davey! although we have to try saving the os for repairing..but most of my experiences, i just wasted my time. the best thing to do once u already have that problem is backup and complete format then clean installation of os.
trying to repair windows once its buggered is not that easy.

next time you get all you machine booted with all your software .e.t.c
do a disk image back up of everything, windows your programs e.t.c
that way if it screws up so bad you can just load a image and go back to square one.