Copyright Daves Drivers 2007-2018

Facebook Share

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SN9C325 chipset driver reqd
Hi Guys,

Need your help I have an old cam SVB Black Eye Diamond which was working fine on Win XP Sp2 but when i connect the same to my Note book which is running on win 7 64 Bit it is not working tried downlading drivers from multiple sites but to no avail . Need your help to find the right driver & sole this problem. Tried the link attached in this site but it does not open & just shoe internet not working (( SN9C325 Windows 9x-windows7 ( 32/64 bit ) Download ))

Also when I installed one of the drivers it resulted in callclassinstaller error and i am unable to deinstall the driver. Need help here too. here are a few details.

SN9C325 Chipset

hardware Id:-
USB\VID_0AC8&PID_307B&REV_0100
USB\VID_0AC8&PID_307B

Device Instance Path:-
USB\VID_0C45&PID_612A&REV_0101
USB\VID_0C45&PID_612A

Thanks in Advance
that device id string can mean only one cam and that is the ZS211.
and I can se that its rev 1

I know that version 1 of that cams chipset had a heap of problems when it came to 64bit versions of windows.
sorry that's my fault the download is not working I removed my download site and this site over to my own server and forgot to change some of the links, I will correct that error now for you but you can also try the 64bit version of the 211 I have listed here.
http://www.davesdrivers.com/forum/showth...hp?tid=647
remember this being a older cam it needs full power from a usb port so that would mean using a main port on the back of your pc or laptop.
also the driver can be blocked by anti-virus and anti-spyware programs so its worth shutting those down while you do your install.
Hi Dave,

Thanks a lot for the input & link got the download but the below message seems to appear repetedly when trying to install the 64 bit version of Zs211, can you help me out to resolve this?

"The Driver has been detected in your machine press Ok button to uninstall Driver " once pressed it shows "Error CallClassInstaller(Remove)" then it says Maintenance complete if you want to reinstall the driver redo the process.

Thanks a lot

(05-25-2015, 08:11 AM)davey6 Wrote: that device id string can mean only one cam and that is the ZS211.
and I can se that its rev 1

I know that version 1 of that cams chipset had a heap of problems when it came to 64bit versions of windows.
sorry that's my fault the download is not working I removed my download site and this site over to my own server and forgot to change some of the links, I will correct that error now for you but you can also try the 64bit version of the 211 I have listed here.
http://www.davesdrivers.com/forum/showth...hp?tid=647
remember this being a older cam it needs full power from a usb port so that would mean using a main port on the back of your pc or laptop.
also the driver can be blocked by anti-virus and anti-spyware programs so its worth shutting those down while you do your install.
that would seem you have been trying repeated drivers all with more or less the same DLL files and some are not being removed by add remove programs or by the programs built in uninstaller.
what you do is download revo uninstaller ( free version ) http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_unin...nload.html

reinstall any of the drivers and then use revo to remove it.
tip when using revo tell it advanced remove and follow what its telling you.
if found and it shows you a list of left over files highlight and delete them all as that will remove every left over file in the registry or else where in the machines folders.
restart the machine to complete the deleting of files
Thanks Dave the attached uninstaller did the job & i reinstalled the s/w turning off the firewall & antivirus & it worked but the only issue now is that the cam is only showing a white screen, what could be wrong here now? Need your help.

Thanks

(05-25-2015, 12:03 PM)davey6 Wrote: that would seem you have been trying repeated drivers all with more or less the same DLL files and some are not being removed by add remove programs or by the programs built in uninstaller.
what you do is download revo uninstaller ( free version ) http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_unin...nload.html

reinstall any of the drivers and then use revo to remove it.
tip when using revo tell it advanced remove and follow what its telling you.
if found and it shows you a list of left over files highlight and delete them all as that will remove every left over file in the registry or else where in the machines folders.
restart the machine to complete the deleting of files
that does happen sometimes if the cam Is not getting enough power from the usb port.
you do have it in a main usb port and not a hub ? front ports don't give out enough power.

try updating your motherboard drivers just to rule out a possible usb driver problem.
another thing that comes to mind is the usb port version, that cam was built for usb 2 it may not work
to well on usb 3 as the cmos chip inside the cam is badly out of date now
Hi Dave,

Am using an Acer aspire one 722 note book, win Win 7 64 Bit it has 1 usb port on the left & 2 on the right tried all three with same white screen results. Also tried updating the mother board drivers but stil white screen. I have 2 old cams with the below descriptions:

1) Hardware Id: USB\VID_0AC8&PID_307B&REV_0100,,, USB\VID_0AC8&PID_307B,,, 7 Star Zs0211-LF SS0100A1 2820205,,, Device Instance Path: USB\VID_0AC8&PID_307B\5&15EC1648&0&3

2) hardware Id: USB\VID_0C45&PID_612A&REV_0101,,, USB\VID_0C45&PID_612A,,, Sonix SN9C325 Chipset,,, Device Instance path: USB\VID_0C45&PID_612A\5&15EC1648&0&2

The driver you gave me worked on the 1st cam but showing white screen, it is not working with the 2nd cam as it shows in the device manager but with the yellow symbol in other devices. Should I use another driver for the 2nd webcam to work here? as the 1st one is just showing a white screen.

Thanks for all your help & valuable inputs.

(05-26-2015, 08:18 PM)davey6 Wrote: that does happen sometimes if the cam Is not getting enough power from the usb port.
you do have it in a main usb port and not a hub ?  front ports don't give out enough power.

try updating your motherboard drivers just to rule out a possible usb driver problem.
another thing that comes to mind is the usb port version, that cam was built for usb 2 it may not work
to well on usb 3 as the cmos chip inside the cam is badly out of date now
let me do a little search on that acer and device id strings you have posted and I will see what I can come up with.
ok all three ports on that acer are usb 2.0 so that shoots my idea down.
I also checked with sonix to see if they have any other drivers listed and to my surprise sonix are no longer the
company they once were so I am holding all the last drivers they done on my site.

out of those two cams the one listing Sonix SN9C325 stands a better chance of working because I can't find a single post on the net where the zs211 version 1 has worked with anything other then 32bit versions of windows.
I do remember that zs211 as at he time it was causing a great deal of problems and I bought the cam just to get the driver for all those poor people that bought that cam with out a driver disk.

I have also checked with the Microsoft update catalog and sonix is listed countless times in that catalog would take me days to search it all but that would seem Microsoft have the driver for that sonix and it would come from windows update.
another way to search it would be to plug the cam in the acer, go to device manager, right click on the problem cam and select update driver from the
list, use the search online option to search that Microsoft catalog for a possible match.

just out of interest what anti-virus and firewall are you using ? some like Norton don't fully shut down when you tell them to and could have blocked the port
Hi Dave,

Thanks  a lot for your help in this issue. I plugged the cam in acer & tried to update the driver online but it says driver not found after searching. Need your help in getting the right driver for the same if it exists

Am using Microsoft Security essentials & Windows default firewall. was earlier having e-Scan & then Kaspersky but both were killing the system to threw both out.

Thanks

(05-30-2015, 06:28 AM)davey6 Wrote: ok all three ports on that acer are usb 2.0 so that shoots my idea down.
I also checked with sonix to see if they have any other drivers listed and to my surprise sonix are no longer the
company they once were so I am holding all the last drivers they done on my site.

out of those two cams the one listing Sonix SN9C325 stands a better chance of working because I can't find a single post on the net where the zs211 version 1 has worked with anything other then 32bit versions of windows.
I do remember that zs211 as at he time it was causing a great deal of problems and I bought the cam just to get the driver for all those poor people that bought that cam with out a driver disk.

I have also checked with the Microsoft update catalog and sonix is listed countless times in that catalog would take me days to search it all but that would seem Microsoft have the driver for that sonix and it would come from windows update.
another way to search it would be to plug the cam in the acer, go to device manager, right click on the problem cam and select update driver from the
list, use the search online option to search that Microsoft catalog for a possible match.

just out of interest what anti-virus and firewall are you using ? some like Norton don't fully shut down when you tell them to and could have blocked the port
I will rip my driver down to its bare files and do anyway with the install.
that way you can point windows to the correct driver.
too late for me to do it tonight but I will do it tomorrow for you and then post you the bare files and tell you
how to try and install them.
sorry I have been a bit bogged down with things, I will do this for you soon.
Thanx Dave will wait for your post.

(06-01-2015, 07:58 PM)davey6 Wrote: sorry I have been a bit bogged down with things, I will do this for you soon.
once again sorry for taking so long.
these are the bare files from my 325 driver and what you need to try and do is this.
download the attachment on this post and unpack it ( win rar ) to your desk top.
make sure the cam is plugged in the acer.
go in to device manager and right click the problem cam.
select update driver.
click browse my pc and not auto search.
a box will now open, browse to the unplacked files and highlight any of them and click next

that should start stupid windows off and it should install that cam from the bare files.

Attached Files
.rar   New folder (3).rar (Size: 475.32 KB / Downloads: 3)
Hi Dave .. Thanx a lot. Unzipped the packet you attached & did as you mention but I am only able to browse till the folder after unpacking & not to any of the files in it & stupid windows still says no driver found. What can be the issue here I temporarily deactivated the antivirus too.

Thanx

(06-03-2015, 07:15 AM)davey6 Wrote: once again sorry for taking so long.
these are the bare files from my 325 driver and what you need to try and do is this.
download the attachment on this post and unpack it ( win rar ) to your desk top.
make sure the cam is plugged in the acer.
go in to device manager and right click the problem cam.
select update driver.
click browse my pc and not auto search.
a box will now open, browse to the unplacked files and highlight any of them and click next

that should start stupid windows off and it should install that cam from the bare files.
I think we are at the test the cams on another pc stage just to make sure they are working.
I am sure that in the case of the zs211 cam that being version 1 it won't work with windows 7 64bit.
in fact version 1 had no 64bit drivers at all its only version 2 that had those.

however with the case of the sonix 325 that one should work as the driver did support windows 32 and 64bit

download my full driver for the sonix 325 here and put it on a memory stick then just ask a friend if they mind testing it on their machine.
if it works then all good and well we can rule out a problem with the cam and driver and look for a problem within windows.
http://www.davesdrivers.com/forum/showth...hp?tid=266

you can also double check the cams chipset and take a look inside it, most just have 4 small screws in the them and the back comes off you can see the small pcb with the main chip sitting there.
this post I done a very long time ago will give you a better idea of what to look for.
http://www.davesdrivers.com/forum/showth...hp?tid=817
Thanx Dave.. I had done a lot of research on the net & finally reached your site & saw your many threads (which were really very helpful) & when no resolution was found started this thread.

The Sonix cam was working on my desktop running on win xp without any hindrance but when the hard disk crashed I tried to use it with the acer notebook & all these issues cropped up. I learnt to check the chipset opening the cam after reading one of your threads, hence the chipset model mentioned is correct & the cam is working.

Only difference I noticed is when I plugged the sonix earlier acer used to detect new hardware & automatically try to find the S/w required, but now recently it does not do that I have to go to device manager to find the cam with yellow marking in other devices.

So where could be causing the headache here?

Thanx.

(06-04-2015, 08:39 PM)davey6 Wrote: I think we are at the test the cams on another pc stage just to make sure they are working.
I am sure that in the case of the zs211 cam that being version 1 it won't work with windows 7 64bit.
in fact version 1 had no 64bit drivers at all its only version 2 that had those.

however with the case of the sonix 325 that one should work as the driver did support windows 32 and 64bit

download my full driver for the sonix 325 here and put it on a memory stick then just ask a friend if they mind testing it on their machine.
if it works then all good and well we can rule out a problem with the cam and driver and look for a problem within windows.
http://www.davesdrivers.com/forum/showth...hp?tid=266

you can also double check the cams chipset and take a look inside it, most just have 4 small screws in the them and the back comes off you can see the small pcb with the main chip sitting there.
this post I done a very long time ago will give you a better idea of what to look for.
http://www.davesdrivers.com/forum/showth...hp?tid=817
oh yes good old windows xp and still I feel the best o/s out the lot of them.

right lets try a clean install of the driver so this is what you need to do.
remove all the drivers for any webcams you have installed since you have been trying to get this cam working.
restart the laptop.
now click start, programs, accessories, system tools, system restore
restore the acer back to a day or maybe two days before you first installed any drivers.
don't worry your personal files will remain safe doing the above as all its doing is restoring the windows
settings back to a day before you installed anything.
once that is done again restart the acer.
now try the full sonix driver install on a clean system and see if that gets it working.
Hi Dave, Very Sorry for the late response as I was travelling. I did a full e recovery on the acer bringing it back to system default & tried the full driver for sonix & guess what It Worked !!!! Thanx A lot !!!! It found the driver on line said cam is ready to use but now the problem it is showing a black screen & I tried all 3 USB ports so what could be the hindrance now?

Thanx
(06-05-2015, 10:13 PM)davey6 Wrote: oh yes good old windows xp and still I feel the best o/s out the lot of them.

right lets try a clean install of the driver so this is what you need to do.
remove all the drivers for any webcams you have installed since you have been trying to get this cam working.
restart the laptop.
now click start, programs, accessories, system tools, system restore
restore the acer back to a day or maybe two days before you first installed any drivers.
don't worry your personal files will remain safe doing the above as all its doing is restoring the windows
settings back to a day before you installed anything.
once that is done again restart the acer.
now try the full sonix driver install on a clean system and see if that gets it working.
which program are you using to pre view the cam in ?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ALCOR AU3880 BL WebCam chipset Windows 7 driver shaheeb 6 6,810 01-13-2013, 10:08 AM
Last Post: davey6
  SN9C325 68x1 31 37,667 12-02-2010, 01:16 AM
Last Post: davey6
Toungue eMPIA chipset ebay webcam need software aciid 2 4,457 06-15-2008, 12:49 PM
Last Post: aciid