All content © copyright DavesDrivers forums 2007-2014

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fujitsu Siemens Amilo 1718 li (XP SP2)
08-12-2008, 08:25 PM
Fujitsu Siemens Amilo 1718 li (XP SP2)
Hello There,
I've used this site many of times for problems that i have had before and has worked out to be one of the most useful sites i've come across. so, congrats on your work, Davey.

My problem is;

I have currently got a Laptop, Amilo 1817 li. Now, I didn't like the Vista. So, I downgraded to XP Service Pack 2. Everything that could have gone wrong has gone wrong. Now, I've sorted EVERYTHING. Except for the "WLAN" button. It just doesn't seem to want to work. I had it working on Vista, but. XP, the light doens't even seem to come on. Now, I've even tried to install the Vista Drviers, Nope! So. I checked the Bios settings on the laptop, and it seemed that the setting for WLAN, was disabled, therefore i turned it to enable, then rebooted. Still no luck. I am thinking that there mst be come drivers or something related to a configuration problem that Siemens, have not intergrated on their motherboard disc with Windows XP.

Can anyone help? I've looked around, and there doesn't seem to be an answer. But i thought i'd ask the people who actually have intelligence. Haha.

Thanks for your help in advance, and Good Day!:)

[color=#0000CD][b]Do you have a drink problem? Yes, I can’t afford it.
Prevent Hangovers; Stay Drunk![/b][/color]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2008, 09:01 PM
RE: Fujitsu Siemens Amilo 1718 li (XP SP2)
its the quick keys thats the problem and you should be able to load them by device manager.
what you have to do is download the vista version from fujitsu then fully unpack it to get it loaded , but it has been reported its a bit hit or miss with that.
now since you switched on the wifi by the bios it should now be switched on in windows,
go in to control panel , network connections and see if the wifi card is listed as enabled.
or even if its listed, if its not listed you may have loaded the wrong driver for the card.
this site holds the full set of drivers you need for that laptop.
http://www.wanderschweiz.com/fff.html

glad you find my little site helpful , we do try our best here.

please do not email me, please use the forum to request driver support.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

All content © copyright DavesDrivers forums 2007-2014davesdrivers.com"