Copyright Daves Drivers 2007-2016

Facebook Share

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6 USB Ports Will Not Work???????????
I have been using a WSU600N Linskys adapter in my XP Computer. The adapter has been working just fine. When I intially attempted to install it the 4 usb ports in the back of the computer they would not recogonize the adapter. I had two usb ports that I never used before and they worked. The adapter has been working for the past 4 months. My daughter went into a kids website and ever since then the adapter would not connect to the internet and the usb ports will not recognize the adapter anymore. I also noted that the driver and the adapter set up was removed from the network connection area. I am still able to use all the ports when I tested them with my printer and my digital camera. The 6 usb ports all recognize that hardware. I also notice that I have an external hard drive and it will not recognize that either. Yestereday I received a replacement adapter from Linskys. I know there is nothing wrong with the adapter, but I continue to now get a Code10 and a statement stating that the driver will not start. I also have attempted to update the driver from the site but it will not update either. Do I need a new motherboard or uninstalling the the usb drivers and reinstallilng them would that help. I even thought of attempting to bring the computer back to the orginal factory settings. I have no yellow explanation points on the usb ports in the device manager. Thanks in advance for any advice or help you can give me!!:compu2:Comp1Thinking

Field Value
Motherboard Properties
Motherboard ID 63-0100-001131-00101111-083005-P4M800$P21G_RELEASE 08/30/2005
Motherboard Name PCChips P21G

Front Side Bus Properties
Bus Type Intel GTL+
Bus Width 64-bit
Real Clock 200 MHz (QDR)
Effective Clock 800 MHz
Bandwidth 6400 MB/s

Memory Bus Properties
Bus Type DDR SDRAM
Bus Width 64-bit
DRAM:FSB Ratio 5:6
Real Clock 167 MHz (DDR)
Effective Clock 333 MHz
Bandwidth [ TRIAL VERSION ] MB/s

Chipset Bus Properties
Bus Type VIA V-Link
Bus Width 8-bit
Real Clock 67 MHz (ODR)
Effective Clock 533 MHz
Bandwidth 533 MB/s

Motherboard Physical Info
CPU Sockets/Slots 1 LGA775
Expansion Slots [ TRIAL VERSION ]
RAM Slots 2 DDR DIMM
Integrated Devices Audio, Video, LAN
Form Factor Micro ATX
Motherboard Size 220 mm x 240 mm
Motherboard Chipset P4M800
Extra Features [ TRIAL VERSION ]

Motherboard Manufacturer
Company Name Elitegroup Computer Systems
Product Information http://www.pcchips.com.tw/PCCWeb/Product...16&LanID=0
BIOS Download http://www.pcchips.com.tw/PCCWeb/Downloa...35&LanID=0
i ca not see what windows you are running so i will give you a guide only for now.

first off click this link and install the chipset drivers for your o/s
http://www.pcchips.com.tw/PCCWebSite/Pro...44&LanID=0

that will reinstall the usb drivers and replace any damaged files ,

can you let me know the following please.
what windows you are running
what is the model number of that linskys
are you running a firewall on your pc ?
Okay so I download the chipset driver on to my computer, but I am unable to install them or I am not sure what I am doing. It tells me to load the set up and the install wizard will open when I restart the computer. It does not reopen and the entire downloading process starts all over again. I am using Explorer 7, adapter model number is WUSB600N v1 and I am running firewalls, but when I was installing the adapter they were disabled.
your firewalls should be shut down when you try installing any drivers, and that means for teh chipset as well.
i think what you have done is click open file and not downloaded the file.

please revist the pcchips site and download the driver, don't click open or it will load up in a temp folder.

when you have that downloaded then click the setup file and it should install and clear the other driver trying to load up all the time.

still need to know what windows your running
I am sorry Windows XP.
I have attempted four times to load the USB ports and I have been unsuccessful. I plan on bringing my computer back to the factory settings hopefully this will repair my computer. Thank you for your help, if I have any futher problem I will be back and thank you again.
windows xp will load its own support for usb ports.
if you restore back to factory settings don't forget to load your bios defaults as well.
that will reset the bios back to full auto just in case some nasty program has been playing about with your bios settings for you.

once you have windows loaded you will need the newest set of via drivers to be installed to get the best from teh board.
now what i have done here is bypass pc-chips and gone direct to via.
load this set as soon as you restore.
http://www.viaarena.com/Driver/via_hyper..._v520a.zip
fully unpack that zip file before you try the install
and please install that package before you reload any firewalls or anti-virus software that way it should install problem free.
once thats done go online and use windows update,
you will gain access to usb2 support that way.

if you get stuck on your gfx or sound its listed in that pc chips download i gave you above.

if anything else pops up let me know
I ended up taking my computer to a computer tech person. He had to install a USB card which contained 4 new ports because he said mine were not working. He also had to reinstall my windows xp because my rescue disc from the company that I purchased the computer from did not work. They gave me an OEM of course total waste of my time. Now the computer is functioning just fine and I have created my own rescue disc and backed up my entire computer in case something happens again. Thank you again for all of your help. Grin