Copyright Daves Drivers 2007-2016

Facebook Share

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
xp driver for usb to serial cable HL-340
For all the people who still have issues using the blue HL-340 cable I have the correct full set of drivers and the full instructions to make sure they will work, I just can't post attachments, could a moderator attach them for me?

They are guaranteed %100 to mke you cable work.
could you please winzip the driver up and send it to webmaster@davesdrivers.com or davey6@davesdrivers.com

i will virus scan the file and check it before i add it to the board.

thanks for your help.

sorry only i can add attachments to the board as i like to check and double check the files before uploading.
Hi,
Thank you, just emailed them to you on webmaster@davesdrivers.com, here is the step by step guide on how to use them:
I read allot about the problem with the Blue RS232 USB to Serial cable problems bought from fleebay, I bought one marked HL-340 and I followed the great post but none of the drivers worked for me till I got sick and I was about to through it in the bin till I found the solution, please follow these steps to solve your issues:

1- Download the winzip ebayhl-340 file on to your desktop and make sure that your cable is unplugged.
2- Make a new folder on your desktop
3- Unpack the winzip file in to your new folder
4- Burn a CD with the three folders found inside your new folder
5- Open the folder called HL-232-0108 and run the Setup For HugePine, if you get any messages press continue anyway.
6- Open the second folder called HL-232-340 and install the HL-340 and if you get any messages press continue anyway.
7- Open the folder called HL-232-2303 and then HL-2303, and run the HL-2303 setup, if you get a message saying to remove or reinstall, click on reinstall.
8- Reboot and then plug the cable, windows will recognize it as HugePine USB to serial and will ask you for the drivers, let windows install the driver automatically, again if you get any messages press continue anyway, once done it's ready to use.

you need to make sure everytime to use only the same USB port to avoid repeating these steps.

That's guaranteed to work, if you have any questions please post them below and I will reply.

Hope that will help.
i may edit this as i will repack the folders with winzip, thats more common and windows xp has a built in unzip.so i may edit the above to make sure its correct.

one question, why can't your just plug the cable in then get windows to search inside the folders you just unpacked it should find the correct driver and load up.
no need to burn a disk if you do it that way.

just a idea

thanks for your help
catsmaty i just unpacked the driver you sent the second folder HL-232-340 is showing up empty when unpacked with rar.
My apologies, I've just emailed the folder to you in winzip format, please feel free to edit the folders in anyway you want.
I've been trying for two weeks to solve the issue with cable by letting windows look for driver inside the folder but never worked, the way above is the only way that worked, I've tested them with two HL-340 cables on two different laptops and that was the only way I could make them work, it's strange but works perfectly everytime.
also it's starnge that winxp won't take the drivers from folders but will take them from a CD.
pretty odd but the main thing it works if followed in the same sequence
Catsmaty's driver, can be found here.
Download

my thanks to catsmaty.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I too have lost patience with this ebay lead hl340.
Been trying to connect my old olympus c960 camera to my new dell vista for days
have tried everything on this thread (incidentally the folder hl-232-0108 is empty when i try) no joy
got camaster 2.03 from olympus (version with camera was 1.something have had camera years) program runs ok sees old photos but will it see camera ....oh no !!!
Have tried kicking the dog swearing at the kids nothing works
nanthicha Wrote:Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I too have lost patience with this ebay lead hl340.
Been trying to connect my old olympus c960 camera to my new dell vista for days
have tried everything on this thread (incidentally the folder hl-232-0108 is empty when i try) no joy
got camaster 2.03 from olympus (version with camera was 1.something have had camera years) program runs ok sees old photos but will it see camera ....oh no !!!
Have tried kicking the dog swearing at the kids nothing works

oh and while i am in the mood congartulations hl340 for being the only thing that has been able to hang my pc in the 3 months that i have had it...every time i unplug the lead frozen solid.

arse.
in the bin with it.
you know there is a very simple way out of that.
( please do not throw the cable at me )

buy yourself a card reader for the memory card.
its the fastest way to get your pictures from these old cams.

if i remeber all the settings that the camedia version 1 done can be done on the cam anyway so a card reader really is the best way to go.

hum i will check that driver now , i was sure it was all there Nono

damit quick edit.

catsmaty , if you read this can you send me the hl-232-0108 please.
nanthicha is correct its empty.
davey6 Wrote:you know there is a very simple way out of that.

if i remeber all the settings that the camedia version 1 done can be done on the cam anyway so a card reader really is the best way to go.

damit quick edit.

cheers matey
how much will a cardreader be ? its a very old sort of card i know i bought thwe last 2 cards from dixons when they discontinued about 2 years ago ?
that cam has smart media memory cards i use to have the same cam years ago when they were top of the range not a bad camera in their day
how much did you pay for that cable ?

this sort of card reader will do the job and i bet its cheaper then what you just paid.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UNIVERSAL-ALL-IN-1...dZViewItem

you can still get smart media cards on ebay as well.

if you look for a card reader remember it must be able to read smart media.

dam it that link don't work. UNIVERSAL ALL IN 1 MULTI MEMORY CARD READER WRITER USB
buy it now price ?2.99 + ?1.99 p+p
davey6 Wrote:that cam has smart media memory cards i use to have the same cam years ago when they were top of the range not a bad camera in their day
how much did you pay for that cable ?

this sort of card reader will do the job and i bet its cheaper then what you just paid.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UNIVERSAL-ALL-IN-1...dZViewItem

you can still get smart media cards on ebay as well.

if you look for a card reader remember it must be able to read smart media.

dam it that link don't work. UNIVERSAL ALL IN 1 MULTI MEMORY CARD READER WRITER USB
buy it now price ?2.99 + ?1.99 p+p

exactly the same price actually !
have bought a card reader
wish i had known b4; it isnt the wasted ?5 but the hours of fannying about not really knowing which bits incompatible
thanks for the advice
hi davey6,
I've just emailed you the HL-232-0108 as requested.
I confirm to everyone that if you follow the steps I've mentioned after downloading the full package, you cable will work, it's 100% guaranteed.
I've posted it in another forum and people confirm that works a treat.
Trust me and save you time.
Thanks
thanks catsmaty i have corrected the file.
must back up all my drivers tonight , in 7 months i have added over 2.5 gig worth of drivers to the site
never dreamed the site would pick up this fast
I'm trying to install the same HL-340 USB to Serial cable, and cannot seem to install the driver - I have the disk with multiple drivers, and the one posted on this list, but cannot get it to work (with a Garmin GPS)

I've tried pointing the device manager (from the control panel) to various folders (I presume the RS 232 serial one, but have tried others), but Windows XP does not like them. I have tried directly clicking on the HL-340.exe file and it tells me that it's installed successfully, but the device managers still shows an unknown USB device. My new Dell does not show 'ports' under the device manager.....

any help appreciated....
thanks!

DAvid
Hi Davidlevy5
Please try the following exactly, don't worry about any previous installations, you will need to download the full package uploaded by davey6, all three drivers needs to be installed.
Please let us know how did you get on.
Thank you

catsmaty Wrote:Hi,
Thank you, just emailed them to you on webmaster@davesdrivers.com, here is the step by step guide on how to use them:
I read allot about the problem with the Blue RS232 USB to Serial cable problems bought from fleebay, I bought one marked HL-340 and I followed the great post but none of the drivers worked for me till I got sick and I was about to through it in the bin till I found the solution, please follow these steps to solve your issues:

1- Download the winzip ebayhl-340 file on to your desktop and make sure that your cable is unplugged.
2- Make a new folder on your desktop
3- Unpack the winzip file in to your new folder
4- Burn a CD with the three folders found inside your new folder
5- Open the folder called HL-232-0108 and run the Setup For HugePine, if you get any messages press continue anyway.
6- Open the second folder called HL-232-340 and install the HL-340 and if you get any messages press continue anyway.
7- Open the folder called HL-232-2303 and then HL-2303, and run the HL-2303 setup, if you get a message saying to remove or reinstall, click on reinstall.
8- Reboot and then plug the cable, windows will recognize it as HugePine USB to serial and will ask you for the drivers, let windows install the driver automatically, again if you get any messages press continue anyway, once done it's ready to use.

you need to make sure everytime to use only the same USB port to avoid repeating these steps.

That's guaranteed to work, if you have any questions please post them below and I will reply.

Hope that will help.
davey6 Wrote:you know there is a very simple way out of that.

damit quick edit.

card reader arrived works great dog safe now kids have come out from behind the sofa
now what can you do about chelsea playing crap ?
cheers
nanthicha Wrote:card reader arrived works great dog safe now kids have come out from behind the sofa
now what can you do about chelsea playing crap ?
cheers

nothing i can do about that , shout at the screen that should do the trick , just keep all moveable objects out of hands reach last thing you need is a whole in your tv , :D
Big Grin 
Thanks for the driver.
I too bought a cheap blue cable off Ebay.
The 3" disc supplied gave a driver which worked with 2000 but not XP.
I googled the problem found your site downloaded the driver and hey presto I can connect to my Garmin GPS.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  x64 driver for HL-340 usb > serial device MASTER-M 28 87,454 12-17-2012, 06:40 PM
Last Post: nam183sai
  xp driver for usb to serial cable HL-340 FirstOrbit84 29 93,883 03-04-2012, 10:14 PM
Last Post: davey6
  USB-Serial Cable work in 7-N-1 but not 8-N-1? gbock 3 5,330 01-05-2011, 08:47 PM
Sad new xp driver for usb to serial cable HL-340 tatoox 1 5,775 06-12-2010, 10:50 AM
  HL-340 USB-Serial cable for XP rufo 11 54,855 05-12-2010, 04:11 AM
Last Post: jg161