Davesdrivers copyright 2007-2019

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sp2 for vista
well i just got a link from microsoft for the beta of vista's service pack 2
i must stress this is still at test stage but should not be long before its out.
i will be installing this a.s.a.p to see if it improves that more then hopless o/s but my hopes are not high.

a Poo is still a Poo no matter how much you try and polish it.

Grin
sp2 is now out and you can download it from the following link.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=a4dd31d5-f907-4406-9012-a5c3199ea2b3
The really strange part is SP2 has been available since April but MS seem to have kept it quiet. Still waiting for XP SP4. :loll:
I can't see m/s falling over themself's pushing out sp4 for xp.
come the end of this year if windows 7 does come out that is , m/s will start to scale xp back in hope it will push forward both vista and 7

i will get windows 7 when it comes out, i think its much better then vista, however its still vista under its skin so will be hanging on to xp for a long while yet.
the only thing i have noticed with windows 7 if it does crash it crashes hard, i have had to reinstall rc1 more then once when playing about trying to get it doing things it does not like.

for me what m/s should do is be honest here.
support xp , support windows 7 and dump vista's sorry arse on the scrap heap.

windows 7 is vista the way vista should have been to start with, you would think they would learn that lession after windows me.