Davesdrivers copyright 2007-2022

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video Controller(VGA Compatible)
NonoMy Laptop Is Slow Like Tortoise.Can U please Help me Dave?Thinking
:lol.GIF:Can Dave Help Me.......I Beg You.......I am Dieing Here
sorry for te late reply i am having massive problems with my isp at home, in the middle of a change over here and my old isp is being a real pain in the ar$e ( i hope you read this ORANGE BROADBAND )

anyway on to your problemm,

one main reason why a laptop will slow down that much is heat, check all vent holes are clear and no dust build up is blocking any airflow.
if you can reach it by removing a trap door clean the heatsink and fan on the cpu.

other things you can do to help speed things up.
check for spyware , ad-aware is a good free program and can be download free from here.
http://www.davesdrivers.com/freeutil2.html

defrag your hard drive you put everything back into one long file system that windows can access without looking all over your hard drive.
click start , programs , accessories , system tools disk defrag.
would also be a good idea to dump any junk built up in your internet files.
click start , programs , accessories, disk clean up.

also check to see what programs are starting up with windows and stop anything you don't need or use things like messenger , windows auto update.

click start , run
in the box type

msconfig

then click the start up tab, take a look to see what files are starting with windows and shut down anything you don't need, best to leave the m/s services enabled

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  video controller (VGA Compatible) dextross08 27 56,694 07-21-2013, 07:46 AM
Last Post: davey6
Exclamation Video Controler (VGA Compatible) hand 15 49,366 01-05-2012, 11:25 AM
Last Post: SportBoXjak
  video controller (vga compatible) problem skrewt005 1 9,144 12-17-2009, 02:34 PM
Exclamation Video Controller (VGA compatible), missing driver exbueno 3 16,142 09-05-2008, 07:38 AM
  Video Controller (VGA compatible) woes romaradium 3 11,318 08-29-2008, 07:44 AM