Copyright Daves Drivers 2007-2018

Facebook Share

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
advent 7026 laptop keyboard
Hi Dave, i'm hoping you can help me regarding a keyboard problem. I was recently given an Advent 7026 laptop in a real bad way, and have managed to bring it back to life. I had to replace the hard drive, and don't have any backup disks. I downloaded your driver for the mp3 player tonight so should get that going tomorrow, but the only remaining problem i have is with the keyboard. About 75% of the keys work fine, but none of the function keys work, along with the numbers, escape, and a couple of others. I removed the keyboard and gave it a flex, but to no avail.
Apparently it was bought new in 2004, the owner decided to play around in the bios, and god knows what else ! and within about 6 months he totally killed it ! Instead of having it repaired under warranty, he stuck it in a cupboard, and it remained there until last week, when he gave it to a mate of mine, and he passed it on to me.
Any help would be gratefully appreciated,
Bri.
that sounds like a keyboard problem not a bios problem, i had the 7027 myself for years till it went up in smoke.
the FN key works without any drivers or any settings in the bios.

remove the keyboard once more and check the connection ribbon for signs or ware or a break.
also make sure the connection to motherboard is clean and the ribbon goes in without sticking out one side, you have a tab you lift , slide the ribbon in the push the tab back down to lock it in place
i think i have a keyboard for that laptop somewhere, i am sure i took the one out of my 7027 and shoved it in a box.
think i have a brand new battery as well plus the screen as i stripped the laptop before i chucked it away.

the laptop is nothing more then a rebadged gericom blockbuster, its not made by advent them self's
if you get really stuck the 7016 , 7017 , 7026 , 7027 have the same motherboard and parts its just the cpu that differs.
(01-16-2009, 08:43 AM)davey6 Wrote: that sounds like a keyboard problem not a bios problem, i had the 7027 myself for years till it went up in smoke.
the FN key works without any drivers or any settings in the bios.

remove the keyboard once more and check the connection ribbon for signs or ware or a break.
also make sure the connection to motherboard is clean and the ribbon goes in without sticking out one side, you have a tab you lift , slide the ribbon in the push the tab back down to lock it in place
i think i have a keyboard for that laptop somewhere, i am sure i took the one out of my 7027 and shoved it in a box.
think i have a brand new battery as well plus the screen as i stripped the laptop before i chucked it away.

the laptop is nothing more then a rebadged gericom blockbuster, its not made by advent them self's
if you get really stuck the 7016 , 7017 , 7026 , 7027 have the same motherboard and parts its just the cpu that differs.

Thanks for the info Dave. Will try a refit again of the keyboard. I was unsure of the fault being with the keyboard itself, as although it's a 2004, it's essentially only had 6 months use from new. Failing that, can you leave details for me to purchase the spare if you still have it,
regards,
Bri.
got to find it first , its in my basement somewhere in a box, if all else fails i will try and find it.