Davesdrivers copyright 2007-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
asus driver needed
I have a computer with an Asus K8V-MX S.754 motherboardand after a clean install I have not been able to get the sound drivers to install.
it has xp pro sp III on it .
I tried downloading the soundblaster drivers from the asus site and when I went to install I got the error message saying there were no drivers in the setup file so I downed them again and it was the same message again.
I even tried manually adding the driver using system manager with no luck.
what is the problem with this .
I did some checking and found out that this particular board was an oem bord originally meant for a seimons/ fujita made machine but have been unable to locate the drivers from their site either.
soundblaster ?

looking at asus site you should be using the soundmax if your using the onboard sound that is.
http://dlsvr.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/sock75...015150.zip

make sure you fully unpack the zip file as sometimes the files needed by the setup don't work unless they are unpakced.
(01-19-2009, 01:34 PM)davey6 Wrote: soundblaster ?

looking at asus site you should be using the soundmax if your using the onboard sound that is.
http://dlsvr.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/sock75...015150.zip

make sure you fully unpack the zip file as sometimes the files needed by the setup don't work unless they are unpakced.

that is exactly the one that keeps giving me the error message but I am trying again
did you fully unpack it with winzip ?

sometimes soundmax drivers do this if the sound is disabled in your bios.
or you have a plug in pci sound card.

just to double check use everest.
when you have that running look in the left hand list for muti media, click the little + next to it then click pnp./pci audio
if your runnng the aoundmax it will come up with adi XXXXX x being the chip numbers.
I have onboard audio and it is not disabled .
After looking around at the asus site I may not have the microsoft uaa drivers installed now if I can just find a download for them lol
oops you were right I had posted my response to the wrong section I tried the driver you sent with no luck
mission accomplished and it was a simple solutiou once I thought about it for a bit.
If you remember in another thread about motherboards I chose this one since it was virtually identical to the original e machines board that was in here well because it was so close I just installed the sound drivers from my e machines recovery disk which are realtek hd audio drivers .
the sound works perfect now well as perfect as these cheap speakers will allow lol .
thanks for the help oh great one and I wish you a very speedy get well on the hand Grin
btw after figuring it out I had to do this SlapSlapSlapSlap
if you now found the correct driver for that board and you wish to save it to site you can now do so.
i set up a ftp account for members to upload files to site.
http://www.davesdrivers.com/forum/showth...p?tid=1383

that will tell you how to upload by ftp.

i will move any drivers about for you and keep them safe. so if you face that problem again the site will have the backup drivers for you.
(01-21-2009, 10:13 PM)davey6 Wrote: if you now found the correct driver for that board and you wish to save it to site you can now do so.
i set up a ftp account for members to upload files to site.
http://www.davesdrivers.com/forum/showth...p?tid=1383

that will tell you how to upload by ftp.

i will move any drivers about for you and keep them safe. so if you face that problem again the site will have the backup drivers for you.

will do mine capitan but what is the size limit on it and how do I etraract the driver from the software
just upload the full driver set, shove it all in a folder, then zip the folder and upload it.
if the working driver came from asus it should be a exe file sitting on your desktop.
if it came from the emachines disk explore the disk for the correct driver folder.

no size limit on the ftp site, as its for all members i did not set a size so unlimited

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Asus T100TA-DK002H no Sound optimfish 8 4,898 05-05-2018, 04:25 PM
Last Post: optimfish