Davesdrivers copyright 2007-2019

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
keyboard error i think
a friend has a toshiba laptop that while typing anything whether it be in a document or e mail or whatever when it gets to the fifth line skips right back to the top of the page and replaces the previous text she cant get anything done .
the computer is only a couple months old so I was wonderng whether it was hardware or one of the settings Comp1
it may be typing style doing this.
when we hit the keys on a laptop you may not be aware of the fact how close your hands are to the touch pad/mouse

we all relax as we sit doing alot of typing i know i do, i am far to busy looking at the screen to see where my hands are sitting or laying for that matter.

tell her to lay a thin bit of cardboard over the touchpad if she has to do a long letter.
and see if she has one of those really nasty little joysticks mouse things in the middle of the keys they can get bumped as you brush past it with your hands.

if it still does it ask her what programs its doing it in , in fact does it do it in one program only or all of them.
(01-31-2009, 04:46 PM)davey6 Wrote: it may be typing style doing this.
when we hit the keys on a laptop you may not be aware of the fact how close your hands are to the touch pad/mouse

we all relax as we sit doing alot of typing i know i do, i am far to busy looking at the screen to see where my hands are sitting or laying for that matter.

tell her to lay a thin bit of cardboard over the touchpad if she has to do a long letter.
and see if she has one of those really nasty little joysticks mouse things in the middle of the keys they can get bumped as you brush past it with your hands.

if it still does it ask her what programs its doing it in , in fact does it do it in one program only or all of them.

she does not have the little joystick but said it does it after exactly 5 lines each time if that makes any difference in pinpointing the problem.

personally I tend to think it is some setting or other but I could be dead wrong
find out what programs its doing it in chikid68.
if its just one program it maybe a setting if its doing it in all programs windows might have screwed up.

vista i take it Slap if its not that old it has to be vista.
(02-01-2009, 12:57 AM)davey6 Wrote: find out what programs its doing it in chikid68.
if its just one program it maybe a setting if its doing it in all programs windows might have screwed up.

vista i take it Slap if its not that old it has to be vista.

it does it in all programs and yes it is vista .
so now that we kinda know it is a windows problem what does she need to do short of a reformat as I do not have a vista disk nor does she and she is unwilling to let me roll it back to xp since she just got it a couple months ago
or should she contact the warranty dept. ?
nope she should have a system recovery disk, its part of the package with a new tosh laptop.
she will have to read what ever manual came with the laptop in order to kick start the windows install.

if she uses the tosh disk's she will get all the pre shipped software and drivers loaded during setup.

tell her to back up her letters and photos, reinstall windows, if it screws up after the clean install take the laptop back to where she bought it and get them to send it back to tosh.
(02-01-2009, 10:55 AM)davey6 Wrote: nope she should have a system recovery disk, its part of the package with a new tosh laptop.
she will have to read what ever manual came with the laptop in order to kick start the windows install.

if she uses the tosh disk's she will get all the pre shipped software and drivers loaded during setup.

tell her to back up her letters and photos, reinstall windows, if it screws up after the clean install take the laptop back to where she bought it and get them to send it back to tosh.

I passed the word on to her and she is going to do it this evening.
as always thanks for the help davey