Davesdrivers copyright 2007-2022

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hiding My IP
Hi Dave,

Me again... I'd like to know if I can hide my IP over our network so my network administrator will not be able to detect me when I'm downloading... hehe... will there be anyway possible?

thanks!

by the way we're using static ip address... fyi... juniper firewall is being used...
if this is on a work network using a static ip address it is very hard to bypass the server's logging of what your download rate has been.
a standard firewall will only block the last part of your ip address but again the server may need you to " log in " if thats the case then it will bypass everything you try and do and still log what you have been up to.

the main problem with a static ip address at work is this.
its used by some companies to make sure the employee's are at work and logged on to the server at the start of their shift.
if you try and block the pc sending out the ip address the server will take it as a hack attempt and refuse to log in.
i have also coem across some admin staff that log in to the main server then remote access some of the terminals on the their network to find out whats going on,

of corse the laws differ on this depending on your country and state,

when it comes to a work place network they have control you only have a limited access that can be tracked , reason being this
the last thing a company needs is someone using their system to hack in to other people computers , or to sit al day long on the net downloading films and music.
most local goverment offices get a big download anyway and they will ask and if need be warn you first before they take action.
thank you for that information... now i know... i'll just limit my download anyways...
To anyone else reading this and wanting to hide their IP so they can use company bandwidth for dodgey downloads. Is it really worth your job to do this? An extra $20 per month can usually cover what you want to grab or even consider changing ISPs to one that will provide more d/l for the same price.
(04-26-2009, 05:54 AM)Poppadon Wrote: Hi Dave,
Me again... I'd like to know if I can hide my IP over our network so my network administrator will not be able to detect me when I'm downloading... hehe... will there be anyway possible?
thanks!
by the way we're using static ip address... fyi... juniper firewall is being used...

You will need to use a proxy or something like that so you are going via a different IP address to the same site.You can hide your ip address using this software http://free-hide-ip.en.softonic.com/
You can also use Proxy server to hide your ip. This could mask your IP with a fake one. You can check whether your original ip address hided or not using this site IP-Details.com