Copyright Daves Drivers 2007-2017

Facebook Share

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ880AS
I just recently downgraded to XP service Pack 3 from Vista, on my Sony Vaio and after slipstreaming in SATA drivers, that went without hitch, however now I face a new problem.

My MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ880AS CD/DVD drive registers a driver to the registry, but does not function and xp says it can't do anything for it pretty much.

Is this an XP related issue or a known fix, because i've been searching with unfruitful results.

Any help appreciated.

-Dave
when you say it does not function does it read any disk of any kind or not ?

quick test would be to put a music cd in and see if it picks up on it.
if not you can try the old trick of forcing xp to reload its driver.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.asp...s%3B314060

I can't see this being a bug of sorts.
all windows from windows 95B upwards have loaded a standard cdrom driver that supports basic disk function.
I had posted it when I was at work an didn't remember my error code, but some reading when I got home, I realized you had already addressed it. So cheers. I got it working, with that driver you had posted about the various errors.
[http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B314060

[/quote]

Hi: I have another Matshita ( matshita DVD-RAM UJ-861h), see that this link is from 2007 but it still working 2011Clap. Thanks a lot for your advice!!
If I choose 'Start Windows Normally' the screen just goes blank and if I choose 'Start Windows Repair (recommended)' then the 'Samsung Recovery Solution III' screen comes up. It doesn't change and so I do not know what to do. Any help please would be amazing. Thank you!

if the Samsung Recovery is not repairing the laptop then you have a problem as thats the complete recovery of windows
does the recovery finish or does it crash ?

if it manages to finish its job and windows still won't start the chances are the problem is in the hard drive.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problem with Matshita uj880as drive on Acer Aspire 5332 leight 11 16,054 01-27-2010, 08:06 AM
Last Post: davey6