Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unbranded Webcam
D-tech do not offer downloads.
please check the cams id string
http://www.davesdrivers.com/forum/announ....php?aid=8

or look at its chipset
http://www.davesdrivers.com/forum/showth...hp?tid=817
Same device string as the first poster. But I am using Win7 Ult 64bit. Figure its the issues but figured i would ask. Tried the Cam1960 and came back with the "Driver not intended for this platform". String: USB\VID_17A1&PID_0128&REV_0100

Havent looked everywhere cause you are the man when it comes to this stuff.
that device id string is cam 1690, problem is its a unknown company thats making them and as yet no windows 64bit drivers are out for that cam.
all you can do is try loading the cam driver with the compatibility wizard and see how you get on.

how to use the compatibility wizard can be found here, please make sure all firewalls, and anti-virus are shut off while you do this or you will get problems with the usb port being blocked.
http://www.davesdrivers.com/forum/showth...p?tid=1869

I do alot of searching and reading on these cams but i am no means a master. so if you do look at other sites and someone has found a work round i would be grateful if you could let me and my members know.
Have you tried installing XPMode on Windows 7 and installing the XP driver in the XP Virtual Machine? Might be worth a go.
Thankyou very much this got my cheap as chips webcam working again

TOONGA
(08-31-2009, 06:02 PM)davey6 Wrote: ok i have that driver now.
it is a english driver and to save time i have uploaded it to my file site.
what i have done is this and it will give you two options on installing the cam.

download this zipfile and fully unpack it
DOWNLOAD

once its unpacked open the folder.
now you should see the files.
try the self install and see if it gets that cam running.
if it fails remove the driver from programs in control panel.
then restart the pc.
now plug the cam in, go in to device manager, right click on the cam and select update driver, follow the wizard till windows want to auto search, click you will choose what driver.
then browse to the unpacked file, open the driver folder, highlight any files showing and click next, vista will try and load that stand alone driver.

as with all webcam please shut down any third party firewall and anti-virus before you try the install,
they can and do block the access needed to your usb port.
if windows firewall pops up as is the case all to oftern in vista allow it access or vista will block the install

i want to thank you from the bottom of my heart because thanks to you my cam is now working :) THANK YOU !

Cool 
Thanks dude, years later your work is still helping us newbies Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  6 led unbranded webcam.....from ebay joolk 1 3,216 06-27-2011, 08:08 PM
Last Post: davey6
Exclamation Unbranded Ebay Webcam (I have Pid and chip name, no drivers anywhere!) bttmstr 12 17,659 02-06-2011, 08:59 PM
  Win7 x64 driver for an unbranded eBay webcam Netking 3 9,506 07-14-2010, 09:23 PM
  Unbranded Webcam animonzterz 3 5,783 05-23-2010, 12:35 PM
  Unbranded 6 led cam bam_bam 5 8,079 05-19-2010, 06:43 AM