Copyright Daves Drivers 2007-2018

Facebook Share

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CR-MSDMD Driver (card reader)
I posted the same question yesterday but I cannot find it anywhere. I wonder if the moderator deleted it by mistake (I hope). I need the above mentioned driver. I contacted the manufacturer, Kinamax, but I've received no response. If anyone can help please respond to my e-mail address: benmarh@earthlink.net. For some reason my e-mail address doesn't show in the list of registered users. I wonder why.
Henry
this card reader should be plug and play under windows me / 2k / xp / vista

it should load up a mass storage device driver thats built into windows and you access it from my computer where it will be listed as removeable drive.

the only windows that would need drivers would be 98 /98se

could you please post back with what windows you are running.

I just checked my admin records no post was made yesterday and no post deleted going by the records , are you sure it was here you posted ?
you email address was not showing to others as you switched it off in your user cp i have now just switched it back on so your email address will show to other users.
davey6 Wrote:this card reader should be plug and play under windows me / 2k / xp / vista

it should load up a mass storage device driver thats built into windows and you access it from my computer where it will be listed as removeable drive.

the only windows that would need drivers would be 98 /98se

could you please post back with what windows you are running.

I just checked my admin records no post was made yesterday and no post deleted going by the records , are you sure it was here you posted ?
you email address was not showing to others as you switched it off in your user cp i have now just switched it back on so your email address will show to other users.
You are correct. I am surprised that I did not mention that the system is Win98 (not 98SE). I probably mentioned this in my previous message that disappeared. Therefore, I need a driver for this reader. I haven't received any answers from Kinamax. Is there any hope to find this driver?

Thanks for your reply

Henry
the problem is Kinamax is a very small company. trying to get end user support out of them is very hard.

now these card readers all work the same sort of way thats why they class them as plug and play.

you can try and find another stick reader like yours on the net and try the drivers listed for it

try this scandisk one and see how you get on.
http://www.sandisk.com/Retail/Default.aspx?CatID=1102

scandisk make a lot of products for other people to put there own name on so that driver may work with your card reader.

lexar is another company that does the same thing.
you can try the USB 2.0 Multi-Card Reader drivers listed here.
http://www.lexar.com/drivers/index.html#readers

with luck one of those two drivers should get your card reader working.
Thank you. I downloaded the two you suggested and I'll try yhem tomorrow. I need the driver for a friend of mine and I'll see him tomorrow morning. I'll let you know what happens. I'm not holding much hope but one never knows.

Another question. The guy has a Sony camera. Do you know if by connecting the camera directly to a USB port he would be able to upload the pictures? He tried to install the software but it's incompatible with WIN98. Can he upload them without having the software installed?

Thanks

Henry
In a word no, the computer would still need a usb driver from sony.

the problem is support for windows 98 has now stopped most hard ware coming out does not work with older versions of windows, even intel does not support it with their new chipsets.

if his computer would support it i would say update to windows xp.
I have tried very hard to help him. However, last time I suggested that he bought a new computer, or at least a refurbished one with a more uptodate system. The guy is not rich. Anyway, I downloaded three of the drivers, RW-023, RW-018, and USB2 (Lexar). I'll try them on Monday and let you know if any of them works.

Thanks again

Henry
all you can do is try those drivers and pray very very hard Grin

if you let me know the spec of your friends pc i can tell you what is needed to be upgraded for it to accept windows xp.
it may work out cheaper then talking your friend into buying a whole new system.

if its a really old system you may be able to pick up parts dirt cheap second hand on ebay.
Thanks for the thought but my knowledge of technical details is very limited. I am mostly a user and I cannot get into this with much confidence. I will tell him what you suggested and it will be up to him to find someone who could upgrade his system. I will try those drivers and let you know the result.

Thanks

Henry
Hello, dave6

My friend decided to buy a new computer so all these drivers will not be necessary. He'll have Vista so he'll be able to use the card reader he purchased.

Thanks

Henry