Copyright Daves Drivers 2007-2016

Facebook Share

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Start up Debugging Error
Hey guys... I have a start up error that has been going on for the past couple of days. Everytime the computer boots up it starts up and brings up this Windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. All I have to do is start tsk manager and start explorer.exe once it crashes. then I am fine. It is very annoying though so it would be nice to fix it.

The data report says.

AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.5512 ModName: ws2_32.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.5512 Offset: 00006a55

One more thing...

Once I click don't send on the report the screen goes away and in the upper left hand corner this little box comes up and says " Setting up personal settings for C:\Sud\SSOW\sep.exe" Then explorer will reappear and everything will be back to normal. I don't know if that has any significance.

Thanks

I have also been getting this error..
AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.5512 ModName: unknown
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 71ab6a55
you got a ex drive on that pc by any chance ?
even a usb memory pen ?

seems to be a error code thats for removeable drives.

if your ex drive is giving problem windows explorer can not access it at start up and will crash.

one other thing you can do.
install the newest version of IE.
thats the basic browser info inside windows.
Hhmm... Yes, I have been home for the past couple of days. Usually up at school I have it plugged into a usb hub that has my printer a cooler fan and a portable hd. I sometimes will use a flash drive as well.

What do I do to update explorer?

IE says I am running 8.0.6001.18702
looks like your running IE 8 already so just use windows update to bring your pc up to date.

what you can try is unplug the hub while you start windows.
if the error stops its just a slow portable drive thats not starting fast enough for windows at boot up.

nothing stopping you plugging it back in once windows is fully loaded.

now if it still does it the first time you plug the HD back in you can try by passing the hub and using a main usb port in case your hub is slow
while your at it.
read the S.M.A.R.T of that hard drive just in case its starting to give a few problems.

http://www.download3k.com/DownloadLink1-...SMART.html

install that program, when its running click the SMART information.
anything logged in the smart will be listed there.
[Image: untitled.jpg]
that seems ok to me.
can't really see anything in that report to show anything wrong with that drive.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  programs missing from start menu chikid68 10 5,809 05-19-2008, 03:08 PM
Last Post: chikid68
  Extremely Slow start up after password put in Snake42490 4 3,909 03-15-2008, 05:00 AM
Last Post: Snake42490