Copyright Daves Drivers 2007-2016

Facebook Share

Dell computers & Windows 7 ?
The Dell Inspiron 17 that I ordered arrived yesterday. Looks awesome but the Windows 7 will take some getting used to after all these years of XP!

My question - Can I install Windows 7 on my other Dell computer using the same disc that came with the new laptop?

Not sure if it's a full install or not...
depends on what that disk is.
if its just a boot up disk that access's the restore on the hard drive then no it won't work

if its a full version of windows 7 you may get away with it.

lets see how long you last on windows 7 lol lol lol
i don't like it that much as its still vista even in its most basic of layouts it still vista.

you may well run in to a few problems with drivers on the older laptop if that happens let me know.
(12-30-2009, 11:41 PM)rdx4me Wrote: The Dell Inspiron 17 that I ordered arrived yesterday. Looks awesome but the Windows 7 will take some getting used to after all these years of XP!

My question - Can I install Windows 7 on my other Dell computer using the same disc that came with the new laptop?

Not sure if it's a full install or not...

Check the DVD and see if the different install options are available on the disk. If yes they you can use the DVD to install any version of Windows 7 that you have a license/Key for. If it is a Dell Recovery DVD then it is tied to the Laptop.