Copyright Daves Drivers 2007-2017

Facebook Share

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow typing Problem
I have a Dell Vostro 1000 that I just recently got and I have installed and updated all drivers that I know of. But whenever I type it takes for ever for the words to show up.. I am a very fast typer usually, so what would normally take 15 minutes to type now takes about 25-30 minutes just to type because it is so slow it's like the letters I type can't keep up with me. I have never had this problem before. What should I do?
Thanks
there is a whole bunch of reasons why this can happen.

most are down to the software you have running in the background.
disable everything that your not using at the time.
norton can cause such a problem as its a system hog.

some versions of the dell media can also cause this.
have a quick read of this.
http://www.randomsupport.com/rs/blogs/in...&tb=1&pb=1
Does this "slow typing" happen on all the word processor apps on the laptop? Notepad, Wordpad, Word etc, etc? Is it still the same if you install something like Notepad++?
It happens on the internet and on any my microsoft office and notepad and wordpad... anything that uses typing it is slow.. very slow.
I have tried finding a driver detective program but haven't been able to find an updated one that i can use and works..
that site did not work i keep getting an error

(01-29-2010, 08:19 AM)davey6 Wrote: there is a whole bunch of reasons why this can happen.

most are down to the software you have running in the background.
disable everything that your not using at the time.
norton can cause such a problem as its a system hog.

some versions of the dell media can also cause this.
have a quick read of this.
http://www.randomsupport.com/rs/blogs/in...&tb=1&pb=1
try this yummy

Disable loading of PCMService.exe click Start / Run in the box that pops open type msconfig
click startup tab
take the tick out of PCMService.exe

click ok, then restart the laptop.
from what i have been reading this will only work on dell laptops that have the dell media direct installed as there is a problem in that program.
but its worth a try if your dell has that.