Copyright Daves Drivers 2007-2016

Facebook Share

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graphic Card Problem Nvidia Geforce fx 5200
Hi I have Nvidia Geforce fx 5200 and I have IBM Monitor (T86A). The Combination is Working for like 9 Months but yesterday i have a problem and problem startswhen i was running a video in internet explorer but it hanged and i restarted my pc and then after window xp logo it was giving an blue error and restarting by itselt.
Then i disable my Graphic Card (Nvidia Geforce 5200) by Safe Mode.
Then I downloaded Nvidia Geforce 5200 drivers and install it and still but not Displaying Screen Goes CRAP and Some time PC Restart itself (and again i have to disable my graphic card by Safe Mode) i am finding the solution for hours but didnt work,So Please Give the Soultion
Thx in Advance.
ok first things first that nvidia card might have a fan on the gpu.
open the case and check the card.
if the fan has stopped or is full of dust the card over heated and shut down.

second it might be a driver tossed salad effect in your pc.
early nvidia drivers do not always get over written with new files so you end up with a mix and match that don't work
sending you in to crash after crash.

to clear that is simple enough.
first off download and install the newest direct x as the nvidia drivers will need it.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en

once thats done download and just install but don't use at this stage the driver sweeper program i have here.
http://www.davesdrivers.com/forum/showth...hp?tid=287 ( how to use it is also listed )

restart the pc in safe mode, go in to add remove programs and remove the nvidia drivers
restart again in safe mode and use the driver sweeper program.
restart in normal mode, download the newest drivers from nvidia and install them

you should then get a nice clean install of the nvidia drivers.
Smile 
I have Downloaded and Installed DriverX that you give me the link
and i have downloaded driver sweeper and as you said i have done all of it. and now i am download nvidia driver but i think it will not work because i have downloaded this driver before and install it then my pc starts hanging and then i disable nvidia in safe mode.
(03-04-2010, 11:43 PM)davey6 Wrote: ok first things first that nvidia card might have a fan on the gpu.
open the case and check the card.
if the fan has stopped or is full of dust the card over heated and shut down.

second it might be a driver tossed salad effect in your pc.
early nvidia drivers do not always get over written with new files so you end up with a mix and match that don't work
sending you in to crash after crash.

to clear that is simple enough.
first off download and install the newest direct x as the nvidia drivers will need it.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en

once thats done download and just install but don't use at this stage the driver sweeper program i have here.
http://www.davesdrivers.com/forum/showth...hp?tid=287 ( how to use it is also listed )

restart the pc in safe mode, go in to add remove programs and remove the nvidia drivers
restart again in safe mode and use the driver sweeper program.
restart in normal mode, download the newest drivers from nvidia and install them

you should then get a nice clean install of the nvidia drivers.

PLEASE HELP!!!
I have Downloaded Nvidia Driver From here
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_175.19_whql.html
and when i was installing it, little sound came like you know when the new hardware is installed and then it Automatically Restarted.
and after restarted it was with very small resolution like (640*480) and then it hanged and restarted automatically and now i have disable nvidia in Safe Mode.
I dont know what is the Problem [Is It With The Monitor IBM (T86A)]
Please Reply Soon
PLEASE HELP!!!
I have Downloaded Nvidia Driver From here
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_175.19_whql.html
and when i was installing it, little sound came like you know when the new hardware is installed and then it Automatically Restarted.
and after restarted it was with very small resolution like (640*480) and then it hanged and restarted automatically and now i have disable nvidia in Safe Mode.
I dont know what is the Problem [Is It With The Monitor IBM (T86A)]
Please Reply Soon
I can't see it being the monitor, thats a flat panel monitor with a range of 31-92KHZ
windows defualt is 60khz which that monitor can display without a problem.

disable the restart.
click start, control panel, double click system icon.
click advanced tab,
startup and recovery click settings
take the tick out auto restart.

click ok,

restart the pc, it will not auto restart now.
you might get a blue screen error code if you do please write that down and let me know what its saying.

sorry but i can't be on the forum 24/7
i am on uk time here and even i need to sleep every now and then.
(03-05-2010, 08:03 AM)davey6 Wrote: I can't see it being the monitor, thats a flat panel monitor with a range of 31-92KHZ
windows defualt is 60khz which that monitor can display without a problem.

disable the restart.
click start, control panel, double click system icon.
click advanced tab,
startup and recovery click settings
take the tick out auto restart.

click ok,

restart the pc, it will not auto restart now.
you might get a blue screen error code if you do please write that down and let me know what its saying.

sorry but i can't be on the forum 24/7
i am on uk time here and even i need to sleep every now and then.

Thanks
Ok I have disable Automatically Restart
and Enable (Nvidia Geforce FX 5200)
and then i restarted my PC
Welcome screen appears and then Screen Resolution is (800*600 pixels)
and the Mouse Cursor is having Little Black Shade
I Normally Use 1024*768 Pixels Screen Resolution so i try to change the resolution but when i click apply my monitor power off and on for like 6 times and it takes much time and after the screen resolution was back to 800*600
It means
1-the Screen Resolution is Not Changing
2-Mouse Cursor is having Black Little Shade
3-the screen is much taking time to load
4-i have disable auto restart but now when its loads the screen goes black but system is on and montor orange light is still on
What should i do?
I didnt Meant to say that you are not replying fast
Please Dont Mind
Thanks in Advance
Please Reply
One thing i forgot to tell you that when the problem appears first time (day before Yesterday) like i mentioned before i was running a video in Internet Explorer then the screen actually hanged and i restarted my pc by pushing cpu's small restart button and after Window Xp Logo The Blue screen appears and it says that (something like this)
"there is problem with your Hardware or Software, Disable or Unistall the Hardware or Software that is giving the problem.If you want to use Safe Mode Restart your PC and press F8 and Select Safe Mode".
i use the Safe Mode and disable Nvidia Geforce fx 5200 and restarted my pc
and after many tries i also Restore my System by SYSTEM RESTORE But it didnt help getting it better.
Please Reply
your monitor is trying to adjust to the new res, 1024*768 which
is fine but make sure you set it to 60KHZ or you will run out of range and the monitor and windows will go back to what you were on.
in this case thats 600x800

i have a feeling your windows may well need to be reinstalled.
the problem is i can't test that fact myself as i can't pin down if the fx card has given up and won't run the driver or the windows install has given up due to the crash.

this when i would really like my own tiny shop so i could just test things as say oh yes its this.

i think the best way forward thats not going to cost you any new hardware at this stage would be to back up your data you want to keep and reinstall windows to clear the fault.
Smile 
(03-05-2010, 11:53 AM)davey6 Wrote: your monitor is trying to adjust to the new res, 1024*768 which
is fine but make sure you set it to 60KHZ or you will run out of range and the monitor and windows will go back to what you were on.
in this case thats 600x800

i have a feeling your windows may well need to be reinstalled.
the problem is i can't test that fact myself as i can't pin down if the fx card has given up and won't run the driver or the windows install has given up due to the crash.

this when i would really like my own tiny shop so i could just test things as say oh yes its this.

i think the best way forward thats not going to cost you any new hardware at this stage would be to back up your data you want to keep and reinstall windows to clear the fault.

Ok i will Reinstall my Windows
One more Question Will Graphic Card Work Fine After i reinstall my windows?
Anyway, Thanks For all your support.
Again Thank You.
if the card hardware was not damaged due to overheat or the sudden power down it should work just fine once windows has been reinstalled.

thats the problem i have in my head right now i can't test the idea of card or windows.
if i was there with another machine i would test the card on its own just to make sure where the fault is.

sometimes you get problems like this with a sudden power off, tends to happen more if the hard drive was writing at the time of power down.
it just plays hell with the windows install and the only real way out is a full and clean install of your o/s

please remember the following tips before you install any nvidia driver.

install your motherboard main chipset drivers first

update direct x
then the nvidia driver.

reason being the nvidia driver looks for direct x info and chipset timming
(03-05-2010, 12:14 PM)davey6 Wrote: if the card hardware was not damaged due to overheat or the sudden power down it should work just fine once windows has been reinstalled.

thats the problem i have in my head right now i can't test the idea of card or windows.
if i was there with another machine i would test the card on its own just to make sure where the fault is.

sometimes you get problems like this with a sudden power off, tends to happen more if the hard drive was writing at the time of power down.
it just plays hell with the windows install and the only real way out is a full and clean install of your o/s

please remember the following tips before you install any nvidia driver.

install your motherboard main chipset drivers first

update direct x
then the nvidia driver.

reason being the nvidia driver looks for direct x info and chipset timming

PLEASE HELP
i got this message when installing window xp

http://s898.photobucket.com/albums/ac189...C00370.jpg

What is It?
PLEASE REPLY
when windows xp was intalling i got this message
i restarted my pc
and then window xp was installed and then it restarted
and before very first welcome screen
IT is Hanged (and still hanged till now)
i am using my brothers LAPTOP to post you
please reply soon
ok shut down your pc.
open the case and and take out the hard drive.
let me know its make and model, your going to have to run a test tool on that drive.

i will also find you some memory testing tools.

one other thing you can do as well, start the pc, go in to the bios and reload its defaults save and exit those settings.
(03-05-2010, 03:31 PM)davey6 Wrote: ok shut down your pc.
open the case and and take out the hard drive.
let me know its make and model, your going to have to run a test tool on that drive.

i will also find you some memory testing tools.

one other thing you can do as well, start the pc, go in to the bios and reload its defaults save and exit those settings.
ok
My Hard Drive it is written
------------------
Barracuda 7200.7
80 Bbytes
Model: ST380011A
-------------------
and you mean in safe mode or disable my graphic card
and where in the bios to exit settings
Now i am posting with My PC
I have Disable Nvidia Geforce fx 5200 from Safe Mode
i have install Audio driver and LAN Driver
i have installed motherboard chip
i have installed Latest DirectX from the link you gave me
Now what do i do?
I want to tell you something that i am using this Graphic Card for 4 Years
with my Samsung Monitor and it never have this kind of problem
Then i change my Monitor 9 months ago
and From 9 Months i am using my system with This IBM Monitor and in 9 months this is the first time this problem occurs.
and till When i bought this Graphic Card
I HAVE NEVER INSTALLED ANY DRIVER FOR THIS GRAPHIC CARD (But it works Great in 4 years)
Reply.
yeah you were running on the pre installed microsoft driver

with a bios i will give you the most common way of doing things but it depends on your motherboard.
just after you switch the pc on and you get the first bios screen push the delete key.
that should let you in to your bios.
use the up and down arrow keys , go to load bios defaults and push enter.
push esc, then F10 to save and exit.

seatgate testing tools can be found here.
http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.jsp?lo...04090aRCRD

now the gfx card is like everything else that don't last for ever.
the fact this thing is still playing about is down to one of two things, bad card or bad monitor.
i would tend to blame the card more at this point.
it needs to be tested in another machine if possible to rule out a GPU problem.
if the GPU is buggered it tends to reject the driver.
without the driver its just running a bog standard VGA screen, with the driver its trying to run a 32bit colour screen in full 3D
if a fault is in the card its self it will never accept a driver at all ever again.
(03-05-2010, 04:50 PM)davey6 Wrote: yeah you were running on the pre installed microsoft driver

with a bios i will give you the most common way of doing things but it depends on your motherboard.
just after you switch the pc on and you get the first bios screen push the delete key.

the fact this thing is still playing about is down to one of two things, bad card or bad monitor.
without the driver its just running a bog standard VGA screen, with the driver its trying to run a 32bit colour screen in full 3D
if a fault is in the card its self it will never accept a driver at all ever again.

The Link is giving an error
dam seagate, i hate that company.
try it this way
http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/

click downloads.
download the test tools
(03-05-2010, 05:09 PM)davey6 Wrote: dam seagate, i hate that company.
try it this way
http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/

click downloads.
download the test tools

Sorry but i cant find test tools
i finded seatools
can u find it for me
seatools is the one you want sami
(03-05-2010, 04:50 PM)davey6 Wrote: yeah you were running on the pre installed microsoft driver

You mean i have to go to the computer store and tell the fault to the Technician and he will fix my Graphic Card
OR
Get rid of it and buy the new one

The Second Question is that you r telling me to do the Bios Settings will it work or not?
not sure thats why i want you to load defaults.
thats resets the bios back to full auto control and that inc the AGP port that the card is sitting in.

not worth repairing that card to be honest with you,
AGP cards are dirt cheap on ebay now.

I have AGP cards just laying about doing nothing.
somtimes i think i should have a used hardware section on this site where people can sell and buy or swap second hand parts.

you could always pull the card and just take that to a tech as ask if they can test it for you.
would be cheaper then dumping the whole machine on them.
edited by davey6

no ads to be placed on my site.

if you wish to place a ad please contact me for rates.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nvidia Geforce FX5600 warrenl 1 3,595 04-24-2011, 05:27 PM
Last Post: davey6
  and another video card problem rring 1 2,503 09-13-2008, 10:46 PM
  NVIDIA GEForce Go 7600 upgrade NEEDED!! leeds1919 8 9,153 07-12-2008, 10:10 AM
Last Post: leeds1919
  NVIDIA GeForce MX/MX 400 Driver stevie d 3 7,284 07-12-2008, 05:33 AM
  nVidia video driver problem - please help webmistressrj 1 1,893 05-16-2008, 05:20 PM