Copyright Daves Drivers 2007-2017

Facebook Share

First Freeze up
I was restarting Windows 7 yesterday and it froze at shut down lol. I actually let sit there for a good 7-8mins and it didn't budge. I don't know why it did that though.
welcome to new and improved windows 7 lol lol lol

nothing changes, yes windows 7 crashes just as well as vista and xp before it.

there is nothing better to remind you that your using microsoft software then a good old crash lol lol.
funny how i have never had linux mint crash on me what so ever not even running it direct from a cdrom.
Look in the Event Viewer and see if it gives a clue as to why it locked up.
Did you try the 3 finger salute to open Task Manager?
Yeah I just found the error, its the only one under Critical. I think its the one, its seems to be around that time actually.

"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

It just froze as I was restarting it. Why, I don't know. Yeah I tried to open the task manager but it was frozen. Did it 2 times just in case.
(03-27-2010, 09:55 PM)vypergt Wrote: "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

thats microsoft's way of saying we don't have a clue why it crashed it just did.

if you have auto update switched on ( as default in 7 )
it might have been installing a update and crashed as the system shut down.
lol, not sure what went wrong I was just restarting because I installed that Realtek HD driver. Oh well I guess I won't get more of an answer than what Microsoft said.
you restarted after the install of the realtek driver ?

funny thing is i have seen that before as well, the realtek AC97 tends to do that on xp.
i think windows don't know that the realtek driver has swiched on the sound chip so can't shut it down
in order to restart the system so it hangs waiting and trying to shut the power down to the chip.

thats the best answer i can give you.
Yeah right after installing it because it said in order to start using it I had to, so I did. That is fairly odd, hmmm I don't remember if it did that on XP for me, that was a long while back lol.
My Dell Studio freezes after entering the password to log back in or unlock.... Have to pull the battery out and unplug the AC to get it to shut down so I can restart... Very annoying!
oh yes the old problems that use to be in windows xp are still there in windows 7. lock up from sleep, or no wake up at all.

make sure you have run windows update, don't leave to auto update as sometimes it don't install every patch it sits in a list waiting for you to say yes or no to the install.
If these are "non Windows Vista/ 7 designed" machines, then it may be worth a look to see if there is a BIOS update that has been released to fix this issue.