Copyright Daves Drivers 2007-2017

Facebook Share

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6 LED webcam.......ebay as usual
No, there was nothing in the package besides the camera itself and a little piece of paper with the following info on it:

"you can try to install the driver at this link:(it require your computer have 2G RAM)
http://www.box.net/shared/npe4zr9shb
or
http://www.dreammacys.com/download/SX01.rar"

The first link downloads the installer for a program called "Webcam Suite 2.0" which is actually not too bad. But it's just stand-alone software, no drivers. And it's not specific to any camera so it appears as if it will work with any brand. The second link downloads a file with another generic (although poorer) webcam software, and included in it is a Word doc explaining how to install that program. That's it. I didn't find any drivers at all in those downloads.
ok i will take a look at both of those in the morning for you.
i do think this is a plug and play cam, but i will check those files out.
ok checked both those files did you read the sx0001 text file ?
it tells you how to install that cam.
it is coming back as driverless regradless of what way i search so please make sure you online while you try whats in that text file.
(05-20-2010, 07:28 PM)davey6 Wrote: call up the cams id string
http://www.davesdrivers.com/forum/announ....php?aid=8

let me know what that id string is and i will see what i can find out.

Hi Dave, I bought that camera and unable to install on win7. But i attached to winXP PC and working fine. i got its Device ID in win XP. that is usb\VID_18EC&PID_3290&MI_00/6&386F5089&0&0000. will it be different for win7 or vista? please look into it.
gostaria do drive da web cam com 6 leds + mic e nao encontro
leopard74

do you have the windows xp install disk or did windows auto load a driver for you. ?
kinkin151

por favor você poderia me dar o dispositivo seqüência de identificação da sua cam

http://www.davesdrivers.com/forum/announ....php?aid=8
(09-27-2010, 09:06 PM)eldavar Wrote: No, there was nothing in the package besides the camera itself and a little piece of paper with the following info on it:

"you can try to install the driver at this link:(it require your computer have 2G RAM)
http://www.box.net/shared/npe4zr9shb
or
http://www.dreammacys.com/download/SX01.rar"

The first link downloads the installer for a program called "Webcam Suite 2.0" which is actually not too bad. But it's just stand-alone software, no drivers. And it's not specific to any camera so it appears as if it will work with any brand. The second link downloads a file with another generic (although poorer) webcam software, and included in it is a Word doc explaining how to install that program. That's it. I didn't find any drivers at all in those downloads.

Hello, I buyed this same cam, it comes with the same paper, but it won't work right. I try to use it in msn, I saw image in the preview at the video configuration, but when I make a real video call my image is grey or I don't even have any image... I don't understand, in the movie maker, I can record videos and audio with the cam, but in the msn only works the audio when video calling...
Can someone help me or tip me what to do? I installed all the drivers of the thread, the programs of the paper, I'm using windows XP and the... id instance? is USB\VID_093A&PID_2900&MI_00\6&4EEFC79&0&0000 ...
Please help me, and thanks.

EDIT: Never mind! I fixed it, I unistalled the program ffdshow and it worked all right ^^

I just opened a case on ebay with this guy selling these cameras and I encourage everyone who has the same problems to open a case as well. I gave this sorry seller every benefit of the doubt and continued to work with him until I read this forum and found he had been using the same story on other buyers over and over. Same story - same unusable URL - same step by step instructions that don't work - It was like reading the same sniveling email he sent to me over and over. This guy is running a game on us because he knows the product costs less than the postage to return it. I bought three of of them. Go to ebay - leave negative feedback and open a case (I asked only that he send me a workable driver). Let ebay deal with him.Rock
the problem is much more wide spread then just one seller on ebay.
if these sellers are buying in bulk from a a jap importer then they asking for trouble as the cams being sold differ so much.

the controller chip on the webcam board may not be the same

even some of the sellers on ebay have been shafted by the importers who send them faulty cams.

my site is full or horror stories about webcams from ebay

the only advise i can really give my members is very simple really, you get what you pay for, if you want a webcam its worth the odd few extra $ to get a known brand name one such as logitech , creative. etc

Rolleyes 
I can not encourage the members here enough. Whomever you bought it from, if it comes from an ebay seller, leave negative feedback and file a complaint. I have always gotten results when doing this and I give the seller a chance - if he blows it off - I FILE!!! It is the only way to stop these people.
kwhagie
there is another way as well.
just before you buy it, contact the seller and tell him you have seen so many problems on the net
about these cheap cams and if you buy from him can you send it back if it don't work.

if you do that by the contact seller link ebay will have records of his reply, so if you get a dead cam and then the seller starts to get stroppy you can prove in your file case that you asked before you bought and show that contact email to support your case.

ebay likes to see support for you to win your case.

the only time this would not really count is if you buy something as spares or repair or untested as the seller can say he listed that and then
you would loose the case in question.
ebay is a company and likes every bit of proof they can get their hands on to get rid of bad sellers.

over the years i have sold odd bits of computers myself on ebay but have always been honest in the ad.
not had any bad feedback what so every because i was being honest.
had a few bad payers which is a pain in the butt as ebay charge the seller twice when that happens.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ebay-USB 30.0M 6 LED Webcam Camera Web Cam With Mic for Desktop PC Laptop donaldgreen 7 9,006 10-01-2012, 01:02 PM
Last Post: davey6
  6 led unbranded webcam.....from ebay joolk 1 3,432 06-27-2011, 08:08 PM
Question Red 6 Led Generic Webcam from Ebay supahfly112 7 9,905 04-30-2011, 08:11 AM
  ebay webcam alcor au3803 chip legend_119 18 28,383 04-22-2011, 02:54 AM
Last Post: bbwbrad
Exclamation Unbranded Ebay Webcam (I have Pid and chip name, no drivers anywhere!) bttmstr 12 18,533 02-06-2011, 08:59 PM