Copyright Daves Drivers 2007-2017

Facebook Share

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PLEASE help with downgrading HP Pavilion dv6000 to Windows XP pro
ok i need to know what chipset is in that atheros wireless card.
i will then find just a driver with no software, that will stop all that trouble once and for all.

your sound is not going to be easy, like i said conexant downgrade is a piggy.
it needs to be forced in using new hard ware wizard.
what you do is control panel, add hardware icon, that starts the wizard off.
when you get to choose the problem, select the sound card.
windows will want to try and find the best driver you do not allow that you select you will choose what driver to install.
windows will moan at this stage but carry on, click have disk, browse to the unpacked driver files and highlight anyone of them.
click next , again windows will moan, carry on with the install and force it in to windows.

now its the 211 smart audio in that laptop, i know full well that windows update does have a driver for that as well and it should really auto load, however if you can't stay connected to net that might be the reason why none of these drivers are downloading.
i think we need to address that wifi card problem first.

use everest as i listed above as the driver is installed everest will name that chipset, i will then look for a better driver one without the software.

I have had a pig of day so your not alone with computer problems, this dam emachines i am working on for a friend has cut my hands to bits thanks to its very sharp case.
to save time i was just checking that driver you have downloaded for that wifi card.
i can see what you have done you installed it from the setu icon in the setup cd folder. remove the driver and software from add remove programs and restart the laptop.

this time go in to device manager and load up the driver from update driver option, that will bypass the software and
windows will just take the driver to use for its self.
should stop all those drop outs on your network

(08-24-2010, 09:45 PM)davey6 Wrote: to save time i was just checking that driver you have downloaded for that wifi card.
i can see what you have done you installed it from the setu icon in the setup cd folder. remove the driver and software from add remove programs and restart the laptop.

this time go in to device manager and load up the driver from update driver option, that will bypass the software and
windows will just take the driver to use for its self.
should stop all those drop outs on your network

I think I may have solved my issue. I turned on my firewall and made an exception for the Atheros card and so far I've been able to stay online for 5+ hours. Should I still go through with your recommendation?

Also- I will attempt the soundcard once the kids head off to bed. Thank you very much for looking into this for me. Dont cut yourself up too much! :)

WIFI- CHECK!
SOUND- CHECK!
BLUETOOTH- CHECK!
VIDEO- CHECK!
CHIPSET- CHECK!
OHCI-Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller- No
Aside from that, an unknown device, and another ethernet controller..we have everything good to go. I still need to run windows update for the other part of the sound card.

Question- I use APA Perrla for the papers I write in school. I've been getting an error whenever I try to run it: Microsoft Visual Basic "Compile Error in Hidden Module: DBUsage" It works through Microsoft Word.
Also, is it ok to get SP3 now?
yes go ahead and load sp3 now.
it should sort out the remaining errors you have.

the most important part was getting that sound running before the upgrade, now thats done its safe to upgrade and that should sort out any last remaining drivers.

the missing ethernet controller is the main lan card on the laptop.
if its still listed as a problem after sp3 i will see what i can do.

don't forget get windows fully up to date now, sp3 is only part of it there are still around another 200meg+ updates after that.

its about time microsoft came out with sp4 for xp but i can't see them doing that when they want to scrap xp and just leave us with windows vista and windows 7

the Microsoft Visual Basic will get updated in sp3 but don't forget java
as well
http://www.java.com/en/
I have SP3 and java..but still having a problem running PERRLA. That error keeps coming up.

The host controller and modem device on high definition audio bus still have question marks by them. The other ethernet card does too but I'm not concerned about that since my internet is working.
ok.
right that ethernet card should haev loaded.
if not the driver is already sitting in your laptop as its part of the nforce set of motherboard drivers you loaded.
this can happen with nvidia chipset downgrades as the bios codes laid out by hp are not really for xp, but as you can see with a little work and pushing it can run xp.

if you look in, my computer, c drive , nvidia15.43 folder you will see the ethernet folder sitting in there, copy it over to your desktop and force load as you did the sound.

modem as you have the conexant HD sound must be the Conexant modem,
try the Conexant HDAudio soft data fax modem listed here again may need to be forced loaded.
http://www.davesdrivers.com/forum/showth...hp?tid=638

that controller port is your firewire port, on some HP laptops its proved very hard to get running without a bios downgrade, i don't advise anyone to downgrade a bios as it carries a risk, however i will see what other drivers i can find for you.
if you don't use firewire ( most people don't these days ) its safe just to disable it in device manager and forget it.
Found out the issue--I had to go to windows updates website and those drivers were optional downloads. So I selected them and I have everything now except the unknown device and the firewire(which I dont care about).
ok, go in to device manager and call up the unknown device.
find out its device id string and i will see what it is.

Unknown device: ACPI\HPQ0007\2&DABA3FF&0

Also, got PERRLA to work...I spoke with their support team. Had to do some stuff through the command prompt with .dlls All is good now aside from the unknown device. Thank you so much!! Hopefully we can sticky this thread because it has all the answers for this type of downgrade :D
ok having a few choices to this device id string.
nobody really knows what its for, i have seen finger print scanner, quick launch keys, remote control e.t.c

i would think its the quick launch keys myself as they do throw up such errors if not installed.
try this driver on that machine and see if it clears that error.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softw...28&lang=en
You got it right! I now have no drivers with the yellow question marks aside from the firewire that I would never use. Thank you so much!! You stuck with the process and for that I am forever grateful. You're the guy I'm sending everyone to who asks me for help. Again, thank you!
glad to help out, thats what the site is for.
i love computers that refuse to do as they are told, gives me something to think about.

now you can stick two fingers up at HP and say its running xp like it or not Grin

i would advise one thing and that is get a image of your hard drive now.
so if you ever have to reinstall xp again you don't face the same problem.

a free program thats good can be downloaded here.
http://www.todo-backup.com/
Got it! I did the backup...that's what you wanted me to do right?
yup thats what i wanted you to do.

if windows fails or screws up you can just reload windows xp without any drivers, reload that program then use it to restore your backup.

you laptop will then return to its working state inc all the drivers and software you had installed at the time of the backup.

(08-26-2010, 12:52 PM)davey6 Wrote: yup thats what i wanted you to do.

if windows fails or screws up you can just reload windows xp without any drivers, reload that program then use it to restore your backup.

you laptop will then return to its working state inc all the drivers and software you had installed at the time of the backup.

Amazing, Thank you so much! +500 for Dave :D

got a driver for you to try with that firewire card.
you will need to unpack this driver with winzip then try and install it direct from device manager.

driver is on the bottom of this post.
been looking over M/S download site.

I hate unsloved problems, Grin

Attached Files
.zip   1394.zip (Size: 140.46 KB / Downloads: 10)
I dont think that worked :(
dam took four hours to find that driver Pcfite

i will see what else i can find out.
next time you boot that machine can you let me know what bios version its running.
it will come up just as you first start the laptop.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Downgrading vista to xp hp pavilion dv9740 eo voltriz 29 22,264 09-07-2013, 08:48 AM
Last Post: davey6
  Driver for win xp pro for hp pavillion dv6000 Kartikthakker 6 4,784 03-21-2013, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Kartikthakker
  HELP on downgrading on hp dv9925nr from vista to xp ianzits 23 29,225 11-29-2008, 11:46 PM
Cool Downgrading from vista to XP Pro SP2 Abhi 2 4,227 08-18-2008, 07:50 AM
Last Post: Abhi
  Downgrading to XP fabrice 13 8,711 04-06-2008, 09:37 PM