Copyright Daves Drivers 2007-2016

Facebook Share

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Footshaped 4 LED 10Mega Pixel Windows 7 issue
Hi Dave
I've got a recent 10Mpixel Footshaped Webcam from 1topstore part no BH16.

USB\VID_17A1&PID_0128&REV_0100

and came with a cd with USB_Video_Camera_Max12M.exe on it. This installs VideoCap version 1.41 and I guess some drivers.

The website claims it works upto Windows Vista but I have Windows 7 and can't get the web cam to be picked up by device manager. I've tried compatibility modes. It does work on my XP laptop fine.

I've tried most of your drivers. Any ideas?

ThanksComp1
thats strange that device id string i am working on right now with another member and its cam-1690

please have a read over this and if need be add what you can to it as they maybe different cams to look at but the control board inisde is the same thing.
http://www.davesdrivers.com/forum/showth...p?tid=1892

You are right, its a 1690 as reported on my XP laptop.
The device ID is only accurate I think when it works with the driver. On my laptop it reports as
USB\VID_17A1&PID_0128\5&1DC3342F&0&2

Its Windows 7 32bit I need to get it working on.
Cheers
right going crossed eyed here looking at these jap pages.

it could be three possible chips on the same control board thats why the device id string remains the same however the chip may differ.
your not going to like the next step, grab a screw driver and check the main chip on the board.
it sits in the middle of the control board about the size of a stamp.
Something like

TAS668A2
A83538 (last digit might be a 6)

When I find a magnifying glass I'll confirm it
ok seen that one before and it was brand new at the time with no info on the net,

there is however one driver listed here at a turkish site, i had to translate it.

http://rs53.rapidshare.com/files/8498495...MB-390.rar

give that one a shot both direct load and compatabilty mode.
if possible miss out that crap amcap program as its dos based, use to screw up in vista so i would hate to see what windows 7 would do to it.

let me know how you get on and i will check back after i have had a few hours sleep.

No joy.
No hold on. Plugging it into the front of my PC seem to work with those drivers (I did try this before with the old drivers I had). All the lights on the cam are on. I just need to find an application to test it with.

Thanks tons
Can't find a camera device though. MSN messenger does not detect a web cam either. Under Other devices is a USB2.0 JPEG webcam listed with the eclamation mark. But the lights are on (now on either USB port front or back of PC).

Um I have three of the horrid devices and only one of them will turn its LEDs on.
Either way cannot get a driver installed.
ok one last thing you can try.

go online, plug the cam in and go in to device manager, right click on cam update driver option.
let windows auto search and let it search online just in case microsoft have a driver in windows update.

you can also try running windows update with the cam plugged in.
when windows has finished looking, check to see whats its found

the problem with windows vista and windows 7 is the fact microsoft is not supporting older hardware.
its not just these cams that are suffering this fate, but soundcards , printers , scanners , the list is endless.
(09-03-2010, 06:51 AM)davey6 Wrote: ok one last thing you can try.

go online, plug the cam in and go in to device manager, right click on cam update driver option.
let windows auto search and let it search online just in case microsoft have a driver in windows update.

you can also try running windows update with the cam plugged in.
when windows has finished looking, check to see whats its found

the problem with windows vista and windows 7 is the fact microsoft is not supporting older hardware.
its not just these cams that are suffering this fate, but soundcards , printers , scanners , the list is endless.
i had roughly the same problem try this with your drivers (turned of antivirus firewall tried to install still would not install drivers so i installed the drivers in device manager and works great thanks 4 your help (you have to install the app first though as it just coms up with a black screen hence before dont try to install the drivers first as this wont let u see anything but black screen)

Hi Brian
I've had no success. Are you saying you've managed to get the same camera to work on windows 7?
bear you can try what brian posted, it may work but your device id string does differ a little from his.
however its worth try,
he used the cam 1690 driver i have posted on my site found here,
http://www.davesdrivers.com/forum/showth...hp?tid=647
Rolleyes 
EekGetting somewhere now. It installed by plugging the device in then using device manager to update the driver. Tried a video call with my xp laptop (which works with the same camera) and I get a grey screen from the webcam attached to windows 7
Jobs done
As you save run cam1690 then plug in the camera and update the drivers from the Driver subdirectory and off you go.

Cheers for all you help

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  5.0M Pixel USB 2.0 6 LED Camera from ebay... uogopa 7 2,743 04-18-2014, 07:16 PM
Last Post: davey6
  5.0M Pixel Infrared Night Vision Webcam Web Camera+Mic coolhotfun 12 13,313 09-07-2008, 01:44 PM
Last Post: davey6