Copyright Daves Drivers 2007-2017

Facebook Share

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DELL LATITUDE E6500 DRIVERS NEEDED
I did a clean Windows 7 (PRO) OS install on my Dell Latitude E6500 & when looking in the device manager it shows 3 devices without proper drivers.
1. Broadcom USH
2.PCI serial port
3.PCI simple comunication controller

I have tried the Dell support site modem drivers, but couldn't get anything there to work.
the best way out of your problems is to use the full dell listed drivers for your laptop under vista.

vista / windows 7 both use the same set of basic drivers.
pop over to dell from this link.
http://support.dell.com/support/download...tid=&impid=

load the chipset driver first, then once the laptop has restarted first off run windows update.
if it finds nothing load the vista drivers from dell.
windows 7 might have a quick moan but should accept those drivers.
I was able to get everything except for the modem driver.
I actually have the driver disks for this PC, & it only list Convexant modem drivers, & has the same thing on the dell site.
When starting the Dell resource cd, it does not have a check mark in there to indicate that I even have this particular modem.
that should be the conexant soft modem which windows 7 will auto support.
my dell has the same modem, if its not the conexant it will the smartlink modem.
please call up the modem device id string as listed by device manager and i will see what it is for you.

you can try the auto update this way.
go online.
go in to device manager, right click on the problem modem.
click update driver.
please make sure any firewall and any anti-virus is shut off while you do that.

(11-24-2010, 06:17 PM)davey6 Wrote: that should be the conexant soft modem which windows 7 will auto support.
my dell has the same modem, if its not the conexant it will the smartlink modem.
please call up the modem device id string as listed by device manager and i will see what it is for you.

you can try the auto update this way.
go online.
go in to device manager, right click on the problem modem.
click update driver.
please make sure any firewall and any anti-virus is shut off while you do that.
I have tried the right click, update driver option, & Windows update with no luck.
I did go in the device manager & got a hardware ID # its rather long....
PCI\VEN_8086 & DEV_2A44 & SUBSYS_024F1028 & REV_07

this is going to sound mad.
but that device id string is coming back as the intel AMT
its a remote system.
look in device manager under modems.
if you see a modem listed windows has loaded support and its the AMT system which is giving problems.
I know the AMT does have problems under windows 7 so if you see a modem listed go in to your bios and disable the AMT support.
(11-28-2010, 08:13 PM)davey6 Wrote: this is going to sound mad.
but that device id string is coming back as the intel AMT
its a remote system.
look in device manager under modems.
if you see a modem listed windows has loaded support and its the AMT system which is giving problems.
I know the AMT does have problems under windows 7 so if you see a modem listed go in to your bios and disable the AMT support.
I don't see a menu for the AMT in the bios, I do see an option there to turn the modem off.
I've been googling this subject for a while now, & the only thing I've found is in order to see that AMT option, is to update the bios.

well as thats a dell its pretty safe to update the bios.
use its service tag number or tell dell to find its service tag number and then look at the possible downloads.
dells bios updater works with windows its like loading a driver.
http://www.dell.com/support

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DELL D505 XP TO WIN. 7 VIDEO DRIVER NEEDED TA1754 1 1,798 10-11-2013, 05:23 AM
Last Post: davey6