Davesdrivers copyright 2007-2019

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HL340
Sad 
I bought through ebay a usb to rs232 serial port adapter. They gave me also a CD with drivers ( HL 340): i tried to run the setup but I have always the same message CH341SER.INF -->DRIVER INSTALL FAILURE!
I thought that the file was corrupted and tried also to look for downloading the drivers from web , but they are exactly the same which came me with the cable and with the same message of DRIVER INSTALL FAILURE.
I HAVE WINDOWS 7 64 bit
What do you suggest me to do?

many thanks in advance and best regards

Francesco Cecolin
Thinking
these cable drivers can fail to install if they are being blocked.

as the cable needs access to a port IE usb port a firewall and some anti-virus programs block the main driver from accessing the system.

try to install the cable again but this time make sure your firewall and anti-virus software and if your running any anti- spyware programs are switched off.

you do not need to leave these programs switched off its only while you try to install the driver
i have a HL-340 cable with Windows 7. No disc. suggestions for installing driver for this cable.txs
alot of early or cheap ebay cables don't work with windows 7 or with 64bit versions of windows

if possible can you call up its device id string so i can check what cross over chipset is inside the cable.
how do i do that?
have a quick read of this.
http://www.davesdrivers.com/forum/announ...php?aid=12

please make sure you have the cable plugged in to the pc at the time