Copyright Daves Drivers 2007-2018

Facebook Share

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HP Deskjet 895CXi & Vista
Hi!

Having had a 'mare of a time getting this printer working & printing accurate colours on Vista, the colour cartridge ran out :( Replaced with another HP brand cartridge but now there's no yellow :(

Any ideas on how to align the colour correctly as the HP toolbox doesn't work at all for me. Have checked I have the most up to date driver installed from the Hp website.

Help! Please?! HP are singularly unhelpful on the phone - refer you to the website, which I'd already been to or an 090 tel no. the cost of which will probably be more expensive than a new printer!
ok one thing to try, remove the cartridge and clean the contacts on the back ( gold colour )
a school rubber is best.

you may just have a bad cartridge where the little chip inside has a fault and does not pass the info on to the yellow ink. ( i have seen that before )
davey6 Wrote:ok one thing to try, remove the cartridge and clean the contacts on the back ( gold colour )
a school rubber is best.

you may just have a bad cartridge where the little chip inside has a fault and does not pass the info on to the yellow ink. ( i have seen that before )

Aaaah - the Hi-tech approach! Well, I had some success with the eraser & a cotton wool bud was quite good at coaxing the yellow out! Thanks for this! Will see how it does in the longer term!
sometimes the simple answers work the best.
works on my vista Grin

do you want me to upload it for you Thinking
davey6 Wrote:works on my vista Grin

do you want me to upload it for you Thinking

Ah ha - another case of it not saying Vista, just XP etc...:gun: So, being totally stupid, how on earth can you upload it to my machine from there? If you mean put the link in, yes please & I'll have a go tomorrow!Grin
upload to site easy that way if i want to pass on a file
not a big download.
unpack the file into a folder.
open up the rasterbator fold, double click rasterbator icon.
thats what i just done. it don't install any program at all runs from folder and should work as it just started under vista for me.
http://www.davesdrivers.com/software/Ras...dalone.zip
oh this will give you a idea of what it can do.
http://gadgetshow.five.tv/jsp/5gsmain.js...ction=News

I saw it on that program then downloaded it ages ago
i have given you the standalone version
Have downloaded etc & it looks great, but.... and this is the problem, it's a .doc file I need to poster print, not a picture as such - ie it has typing of the details of the event I want to publicise. I did try the go ahead regardless approach when it threw up the error comments, but it seems to be stuck at the end, whirring away & not doing anything much! I presume that's because it's a file extension that it doesn't support. Many thanks for this try, but it seems I'm back to square one again!
oh oh you give up to easy.

open the file in word max it out screen wise so it fits the screen
then do a screen shot and save it with paint as a jpg file.
you can then use rasterbator to make it as big as you want.
Well, I did as you said & it all went well, butt... & there always seems to be a but! It's so pixelated that it's not readable as a poster. I expect it's to do with getting the whole word page on one screen & having to crop the backgound off to just get the doc page I want..... It's just not meant to be, I fear! Any more ideas (apart from log off & leave davey6 alone?!!!)
ok i can't find my office 2007 i might have stood a coffee cup on it Nono

i have a huge pile of disk on this desk i will have to look again soon.
anyway one more i idea for you.
did you get office 2007 Thinking

if so see if you can import your file from word in to publisher 2007.
that has a poster/banner printing option and the way you do it is listed here.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publis...0487781033

i did try the same search in word 03 /07 none listed but i will try again later.

I would not ask you to log off and leave me alone... no if fact your making me think about things i don't do or use very oftern so its all good reading for me.
your right software is not my strong point you should have seen a few dry runs of this site as i was making it.
webmaster i am not but i put this site together in three days using frontpage 03
hardware is my strong point always has been.
I've got MS Office Home & Student 2007 service desk edition (from PC world)- it doesn't have publisher 2007 in it, though, so am stumped again. (It has word, excel, powerpoint & one note (whatever that is!)) You need ms office & small business to get the publisher element included & I can't afford to fork out for that!

Glad you can still bear my endless queries....! :-)
oh dear i just found a website i think you should look over.
http://www.officefrustration.com

this is what it called up in a search i done for printing a poster in word.
http://www.officefrustration.com/showthr...int+poster
Well that just about sums things up! I went to your link & it doesn't want to let me see the answers until I register, which I did & still it doesn't let me in, as I must need to receive an activation email.........

Many thanks for finding the website, nonetheless!
Have succeeded at last with the OF website - but it's nowhere as effficient as DAVEY6 at responding!
I hope they can help you sort out that little problem.
if not i will go looking for some shareware that should do the job.
davey6 Wrote:I hope they can help you sort out that little problem.
if not i will go looking for some shareware that should do the job.

In the end I went to work & used the PC there on XP & Word 2003 which has the poster printing feature - job done, but not quite as I'd hoped!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Shy Accurate colour printing of photos HP Deskjet 895cxi & Vista the1daughter 10 11,416 07-08-2007, 10:33 PM
Last Post: davey6