Ram: 8 Gig DDR3
Hard Drives : 4 500 gig seagate
2 80 Gig seagate
1 200 Gig Maxtor
Optical Drive: HL-DT-ST BD-RE BG Blu-ray burner
PCI Cards : Promise sata300 TM
Video Capture card
PCI E Card : Nvidia 9600 GeForce GT

Under sata configuration in the bios I have sata ports 1-4 set as raid and sata ports 5 - 6 as IDE. The 2 80 gig, 200 gig and an esata are on ports 1-4. On ports 5-6 are the burner and an esata port from the front. I have tried setting the sata configuration the AHCI with no luck. I would like to have the two 80 gig as a raid 1.

The problem I am having is when the Promise card is plused in the card over powers the on board sata controller. Meaning when I go look at the hard drives in the bios I only see the drives hooked up to the promise card and non of the ones hooked up to the mother board, but if I remove the card I see the drivers hooked up to the mother board. Also when I try to install windows 7 and install the raid drivers to see the drives all the drive show up. What I would like to get help with is making all the drive show up in the bios.

I hope that is enough information.
that sounds like a IRQ sharing problem in the bios.

if the card is sharing the same IRQ as the onboard sata controller one will over power the other.
if you can use the second pci slot for the plug in card, that should be pci com port 3 which is used for modems more then anything else and should have a different pci lane.

from what i can read at asus the raid drives should be plugged in to the white sockets on the motherboard this will then Support Raid 0, 1, 5, 10, JBOD.

the red socket is the Esata socket and the blue sockets support UltraDMA 133/100/66 for up to 2 PATA devices

now it depends on how you want to set this raid up and to be honest its best to read the manual as Asus will tell you the best ports to use for your raid config
manual can be found here, http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3.../#download

if you move the plug in card and you still can't see all the drives try doing this.
plug the card in with your drives installed

go in to the bios and tell it to load its full defaults.
save and then restart, what that will do is make the bios look at the hardware and reset all the IRQ request.