Davesdrivers copyright 2007-2019

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drivers for presario V3000 / V3500
HI, I have a Presario V3000 with AMD Turion™ 64 x2 TL-58 but at the buttom its labeled V3500. this is a second hand laptop so the warranty is already expired and it did not have a drivers disk.... windows crash so i re-installed windows XP pro service pack2... the problems now are the drivers... I tried the HP support: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=1817056&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=1817055&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1093#11395

and also tried to search in HP but with no avail... huhu :( please help
download and install the broadcom wifi driver listed at hp as it will help me find other hardware updates.
once thats is done and you have net access bring windows xp up to date but at this stage skip service pack 3

when you in windows update and you get the option to install sp3 just tell windows update to show you all other updates.
as your doing that keep a eye on the hardware section on detected updates it may contain your sound card driver.

while your doing that i will see what i can find out about your hardware.
i had a feeling i have done this laptop before please have a read of this topic
http://www.davesdrivers.com/forum/showth...p?tid=1112

only a one thing to note as that was done a while back.
once you have the UAA driver installed don't use the conexant sound card driver listed use windows update to gain access to
the one microsoft have as its a much newer version and works alot better.

if you find anything not working after doing all the above let me know and i will see what else i can find for you.
Yes sir i read that forum. hehe... i was able to download a package from Nvidia and it worked... now im online (LAN) then i downloaded UNIBLU Driver Scanner 2012, are you familiar with this? and was able to download all the drivers except for this: VIDEO CONTROLLER (VGA COMPATIBLE).. thats what im missing now... huhuh... thank you for your quick respond sir[/php]
can you give me the device id string of that missing gfx card

how to do that can be found here.
http://www.davesdrivers.com/forum/announ....php?aid=8

i should be able to tell what gfx it is by that.

that uniblu program contacted me at the start of this year asked me to promote their products but it did not impress me, i found a few bugs in their scanner which they refused to address them as such i told them i won't let them place a ad for it on my site.
hi sir

are these what you need?

gfx:
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0531&SUBSYS_30D6103C&REV_A2\3&2411E6FE&0&90

unknow device:
ACPI\HPQ0007\2&DABA3FF&0

im currently following your instructions in this:
http://www.davesdrivers.com/forum/showth...p?tid=1876
(didnt workedm, huhu)

hope it works... ive been working on this laptop now for 8hours straight.. huhu

--------------
UPDATE:
finally worked the sound driver, two more to go the VIDEO CONTROLLER (VGA COMPATIBLE) and that unknown device. hope you could help me :)
so tired and sleepy... wwaaahhhh
UPDATE:

finally found the video controller (VGA COMPATIBLE)
i went to nvidia website and manually search the driver for " gforce 7150m /nforce630m " installed
link:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_not..._beta.html

one more problem! theirs no sound huhuh... but under the device manager their are no more yellow ?

i already installed
Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) driver
ftp.ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp33501-34000/sp33566.exe

then followed by this:
ftp.ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp36001-36500/sp36408.exe

but it didnt worked.. huhuh.... so tired... hope you can help me on this boss :)
not sure if you sorted that one out but the unknown ACPI\HPQ0007 tends to be the quick launch keys.
ftp.ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45058.exe

checked with HP you have two maybe three possible sound cards in that laptop so now you need to dig a little deeper to find out what sound chip you have.
download everest ultimate trial 5.01 from here.
http://www.davesdrivers.com/forum/showth...hp?tid=656

install and run that program.
with it running look in the left hand list for mutimedia click the little + next to it then click pnp/pci audio
with luck everest will name that sound chip.

if you got the forceware driver to install from nvidia you have been very lucky normally that won't happen as HP block it.
(11-17-2011, 10:15 AM)davey6 Wrote: not sure if you sorted that one out but the unknown ACPI\HPQ0007 tends to be the quick launch keys.
ftp.ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45058.exe

checked with HP you have two maybe three possible sound cards in that laptop so now you need to dig a little deeper to find out what sound chip you have.
download everest ultimate trial 5.01 from here.
http://www.davesdrivers.com/forum/showth...hp?tid=656

install and run that program.
with it running look in the left hand list for mutimedia click the little + next to it then click pnp/pci audio
with luck everest will name that sound chip.

if you got the forceware driver to install from nvidia you have been very lucky normally that won't happen as HP block it.

unknown ACPI\HPQ0007 = yes i was able to figure it out and it installed perfectlly... the problem now is the sound card....

will try the everest now... i need to fix so that i can rest. hehe
i think its a hardware problem because sometimes when i restarted / shutdown the laptop, sound would comeback so i run the everest right away...

audio:
Conexant Cx20561 @ nVIDIA MCP67 - High Definition Audio Controller PCI

after i restarted the laptop no more sound again and running everest, its blank under mutimedia click the little + next to it then click pnp/pci audio ...
so i assume it could be a hardware problem... what do you think? i so frustrated now.. huhu
main be a hardware fault or windows just not reading the pci lane the sound card is sitting on.
when you installed the nvidia gfx did you install the full nforce software ?

it really does need to be installed as thats the main chipset drivers and used by windows to read all the pci lanes.

i can grab you the most up to date driver direct from microsoft windows update for that sound card it is the conexant smart audio 221 so if needbe i can get that for you.
(11-17-2011, 12:28 PM)davey6 Wrote: main be a hardware fault or windows just not reading the pci lane the sound card is sitting on.
when you installed the nvidia gfx did you install the full nforce software ?

it really does need to be installed as thats the main chipset drivers and used by windows to read all the pci lanes.

i can grab you the most up to date driver direct from microsoft windows update for that sound card it is the conexant smart audio 221 so if needbe i can get that for you.

please do.... il try it

that took some time as microsoft where working on their site however i have got their driver for you to try and its on the bottom of this post.

driver version 3.47.2.62 dated 10/8/2008
this may need to be installed from the hardware wizard if the self install don't work.

Attached Files
.rar   smart audio 221.rar (Size: 800.68 KB / Downloads: 4)
(11-19-2011, 02:35 PM)davey6 Wrote: that took some time as microsoft where working on their site however i have got their driver for you to try and its on the bottom of this post.

driver version 3.47.2.62 dated 10/8/2008
this may need to be installed from the hardware wizard if the self install don't work.

thanks.. will try it now. thank you so much for all the help
the self install did not worked so i tried the hardware wizard but it cannot detect any new hardware... so how can i try to install the driver you gave me?
ok you need to force install that driver and the way you do it is like this.

open control panel, device manager and call up the sound card, right click on it and select update driver.
don't let windows auto search windows update, click next.
on that screen select install from a list or location. click next
on that screen on the bottom select don't search i will choose the driver to install.
click next.
on that screen click the have disk icon, now browse to the unpacked driver files, highlight one and click next
windows may throw up a warning at this stage something along the lines of this driver does not support the hardware.
click use anyway and then click next.

windows will then load the driver if it wants it or not, when its finished restart your laptop and see if you have sound.
finally i got sounds!!!! hehe... i check all the drivers i installed and their was a different driver installed for the sound card (the wrong one i installed, hehe) so i uninstalled that driver rebooted the computer then a pop up message came about found new hardware, it was about the conexant audio so i followed your instruction on how to force install the driver and it worked! thank you so much for all the help. more power to you sir!
Rock

after i restarted the laptop.... no more sounds again.... huhu... and its not detected again in device manager Comp1

Nono
right pop over to nvidia and use the auto detect
http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk

option 2 select motherboard drivers.

you will have to accept the atvice x control from nvidia then it will scan that laptop and point you
to the best possible set of motherboard drivers.
once its done that download and install them.
restart the laptop then go online and update direct x
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35

restart once more and see if the sound come back.
i am 100% sure you have the correct sound card driver now and i just want to make sure there is not a fault in the motherboard drivers and direct x
followed your link to invidia, did option 2 (motherboard) and this came up:

Product :
nForce 560 / nForce 520

Current installed Driver:

Recommended Driver:
HDMI Audio Driver 1.00.0.59
Version: 10.0059 WHQL
Release Date: 1.10.2009

after i downloaded the driver and tried to install it, this is the error message:
"the NVIDIA setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatiblewith your current hardware"

so confuse... Thinking

so i just updated the direct x, rebooted the computer and tried to install the recommended driver from nvidia, but still the same error message....
turned off the computer for a couple of mins, turn it on again coz i need to check my email, shutdown the computer... turned it on again coz my son wants see pictures of his favorite cars2 pictures then the sound card was detected again and the i have sounds again Thinking whats goin on with my laptop Comp1 so confuse now if this is a hardware failure or drivers... dont wanna shutdown the laptop coz i might lost the sound again... huhu
it is becoming confusing i have to admit that
the sound card could well be breaking down but without hardware tests thats impossible to prove.

i am going to do some checking on that nvidia chipset of yours.
but i need a little info from everest.
run everest as you did before but this time please click the following

in the left hand list click motherboard, then click chipset.
please let me know what everest names the northbridge and southbridge.

there is a test you can do on that laptop called a burn in test, it should test that sound card along with everything else.
you will need to have a music or data cd in the cdrom while you run this test.

it may throw up a fault and its worth a try if nothing else.
http://www.passmark.com/download/bit_download.htm
the standard edition i think is the free to use for x amount of days.
everest results:

North Bridge: AMD Hammer DDR2 IMC
South Bridge: nVIDIA nForce 7150M-630M (MCP67-M)
forgot to mention to you... their are times that totally no sound not even the windows sound like the error beep.... now when i turned on the laptop still no sound but while running the burn in test i can hear the error beep... still running the test now
RESULT SUMMARY

test name:
sound

cycle

operations
4.498 million

errors

last error description
could not play back wave file

the others doesnt have any errors