Copyright Daves Drivers 2007-2018

Facebook Share

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accurate colour printing of photos HP Deskjet 895cxi & Vista
Shy 
Hello!

We used the same printer, Paper, brand of ink cartridge (HP) with the old pc on W98SE & got just the results we wanted. :)

With Vista all the photos print much darker than they should do, but for the life of me can't find what to 'fiddle with' on the PC! :gun:

This is sending my artist husband round the bend, to put it very mildly, :gun: not the mention the wate of photo paper & ink.Nono

Any ideas, please?Thinking
Thanks
what photo program are you using in vista ?
Have tried both Canon ZoomBrowser EX and Photoimpression 4. (Previous PC was using a previous versionof these 2, as the camera was an earlier model)
it may well be that the programs don't work the way they should under vista, the way to try is like this.

open paint built in vista, open one of your photos and print direct from it. if the print looks nornal ie: brightness, etc then its the program that your using, vista is not very backwards compatiable right now and is a pain in the backside.

i bet you wish you never bought vista now
oh something else springs to mind as well as i have seen this happen.
if you over set the bightness of your monitor your not getting a good idea of what your photo looks like before printing
davey6 Wrote:oh something else springs to mind as well as i have seen this happen.
if you over set the bightness of your monitor your not getting a good idea of what your photo looks like before printing

Had thought of this already, but it's not the problem, I fear, but thanks for the thought! Will try yr other suggestion to see the cause
hum i see hp are not to helpful with their support under vista for your printer.
just by the off chance they had a new driver i just checked their site.
its a case of use the driver built in to vista and it will give you basic printing only.

this is whats listed.
You might find that some of the advanced features are no longer available when using this basic driver. You can upgrade to an HP product that is fully compatible with Windows Vista if the advanced features are necessary.
To help you decide what product to upgrade to, the following tool will be helpful as you make your decision:
davey6 Wrote:it may well be that the programs don't work the way they should under vista, the way to try is like this.

open paint built in vista, open one of your photos and print direct from it. if the print looks nornal ie: brightness, etc then its the program that your using, vista is not very backwards compatiable right now and is a pain in the backside.

i bet you wish you never bought vista now

Well the colour certainly is better through paint. :) the only snag with paint is the 'fiddling' hubby does with the photos for his artwork is probably too subtle for this program? Thinking also, he likes certain sizes printed (not standard, of course!) :rolleyes:

Any idea how I get either Cannon Zoombrowser or Photoimpression to go Vista compatible, please, pretty please? Grin (Oh, & remember, I'm the complete dullard when it comes to complicated tekkie speak, but then you know that, don't you?...!)Rock

Finally, I didn't want blinkin' Vista, :gun: but that's what the PC came with...... & so it seems did all the other PC's I looked at - maybe that was salesmen, but let's not get into that.... so much for being at the forefront of new technology...

As alwyas, I'm v grateful to you! Rock
in the programs that you use you should find a help section.
open that and see if any update or patches are downloadable for your programs.

I am going to send you a email with a idea as well as i am going to work on the board subfolders in mo and it might not work till i am finsihed.
davey6 Wrote:hum i see hp are not to helpful with their support under vista for your printer.
just by the off chance they had a new driver i just checked their site.
its a case of use the driver built in to vista and it will give you basic printing only.

this is whats listed.
You might find that some of the advanced features are no longer available when using this basic driver. You can upgrade to an HP product that is fully compatible with Windows Vista if the advanced features are necessary.
To help you decide what product to upgrade to, the following tool will be helpful as you make your decision:

If that's yr idea of humour, I'm loggin' off now! I take it you forgot to put in the link, but it's too late 4 my brain now, so will look again in am.
not my idea of humor thats whats listed at hp it might be thier idea of humor but not mine.

check your email please and email me back in the morning or when you have time

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HP Deskjet 895CXi & Vista the1daughter 17 19,609 07-08-2007, 09:05 PM
Last Post: the1daughter