Hello, this is my camera

Code:
USB\VID_0AC8&PID_307B&REV_0100
USB\VID_0AC8&PID_307B

My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

and these are the drivers this forum kindly provides for it to work
(ZS211 64bit driver)

http://www.davesdrivers.com/forum/showth...hp?tid=647

So I got those but installing the .exe file didn't work (camera with yellow non-working sign listed under "other devices" after installing).
Next step is extracting the exe to find the driver files so windows recognizes them.
I tried extracting the file with 7zip but it didn't work either ("This file is not an archive and can't be opened" error)
So I got "uniextract" to extract the.exe file, and it worked, but inside the .exe file there were .cab files, which need to be extracted. But when extracting those files with the new software, it says the .cab files are corrupted.

The rest of the internet only provides fake driver websites and all that spyware crap that never works.
So, can someone help me out?
Hi drivermen! pls try to use Zipgenius. This is free and powerful archive manager for Windows. i have no problem on extracting the said file. after you use the zipgenius, kindly follow the procedure given on the forum.

should you have any problem, pls let us know so we can give you alternative. thank you.
(12-01-2012, 03:26 AM)penkaye Wrote: Hi drivermen! pls try to use Zipgenius. This is free and powerful archive manager for Windows. i have no problem on extracting the said file. after you use the zipgenius, kindly follow the procedure given on the forum.

should you have any problem, pls let us know so we can give you alternative. thank you.

Hello, thanks for the quick reply.
Using Zipgenius and extracting data1.cab for the driver files I get this error
[Image: qIWzC.png]
Code:
Cabinet error 2 (Type 0)
I downloaded the file twice and got the same problem.
After extracting the first setup.exe, In the "data1.cab" folder there is another setup.exe
I tried extracting that other "setup.exe" but there's no driver file to be found, the other dlls and files give that error when being extracted or just have .txt files.
i think i can see where the problem is.
the 64bit driver is for version 2 of this cam.
i can see from your device idstring that you have version 1 REV_0100

now the problem is that cam when it first came out was nothing but trouble and
was a 32bit only, its the version 2 of that chipset that is 64bit compatable.

now the 64bit driver its self was packed with plan old winzip so it can be unzipped with anything inculding 7zip
and even the unzip built in to windows.
the only thing inside that zipfile is the main setup with no cab files at all.
i just downloaded it to check and there is only the main setup exe file and its only listed once.

what you can try and do is delete teh driver from add remove programs or just programs as its called under windows 7
delete all the files you have downloaded from my site and everywhere else.
restart your pc.
now download the 64bit driver once more.
don't use any thrid party program to unpack it just use windows and unpack the file to your desktop and then try installing once again

now a few tips when installing this cam and this is even more important with version 1 of that chipset.
shut down your anti-virus software and firewall while your installing that cam or they will block the usb port that cam is sitting on.
once its installed you can then restart those programs
make sure your using a main usb port and not a front usb port.
and make sure your online and allow windows to search windows update at the same time as i know under windows 7 microsoft now have their own drivers out for that cam.
if it still fails to install
go in to device manager.
right click on the problem cam and tell it to update driver again makes sure your online at the time.
that will force windows to look at windows update database for a driver.
davey.. as i continuously searching for this driver.. i found out that this driver is intended for Win 95, Win 98, Win 98SE, Win ME, Win NT 4.0, Win 2000 Workstation, Win 2000 Server, Win XP Home, Win XP Pro, Win 2003 Server, Win Vista, Win Vista x64 only. Although it is working on vista, is this applicable with windows 7 too?

i guess, even in vista, it has a problem particularly on 64-bit.
depends on what driver you searched penkaye.
the later one will install on windows 7 but the early driver will not.
infact the early driver will not install even under vista.
when that cam first came out it was causing alot of members problems so i bought the cam just for the driver and to strip its guts out to see what was going on
the early chipset was made by zstar direct that is version 1
the later cam with the same chipset version 1.5 and version 2 was made by vimicro under the zstar name

and if that was not bad enough they then started to ship out the zs211 controller and a thrid party cmos

its a mess it really is but i was the first person on the net to offer that driver for download.
it got so bad that driverguide copied my work and then had a cheek to pass it off as their own.

version 1 of that chipset is 32bit only that i know for sure.
ok. thanks for additional info davey!

yeah its too bad that driverguide copied and passing it off thru download as their own. but dont worry davey, still had a big difference... your site usually help others in different ways and we still had that quick assistance than their site.

cheers! Clap

i hope drivermen can now follow the instruction you gave and solve it. Rock
Hello,
I followed the instructions, uninstalled the drivers, rebooted, didn't extract the setup.exe this time and just ran it, enabled windows update and disabled the antivirus, connected the cam to an usb port in the back, and the camera was still not recognized, I then clicked "update drivers" but windows doesn't even show a bar or anything and instantly says it was unable to look for the working drivers.

thanks for your time
under update driver windows does not show anything installing if it can not find anything in its database.

if windows is not searching online check that your internet is working and when you first start the wizard make sure you allow it to search windows update.

to be honest that being version 1 of that zs211 chipset i know its for 32bit windows only it may not even accept the 64bit driver.
(12-03-2012, 08:40 PM)davey6 Wrote: under update driver windows does not show anything installing if it can not find anything in its database.

if windows is not searching online check that your internet is working and when you first start the wizard make sure you allow it to search windows update.
I tried searching with windows update automatically trough other methods, but it says "no driver found."

(12-03-2012, 08:40 PM)davey6 Wrote: to be honest that being version 1 of that zs211 chipset i know its for 32bit windows only it may not even accept the 64bit driver.
It's weird because in my previous windows 64bit install on this same machine I got the camera working.
I used a zip from a website I don't even remember now, and it automatically worked. After formatting and re installing my computer, those drivers didn't work anymore.

These are the files (re uploaded)

This is what I get when I select "manually choose drivers" in windows and select the folder that cointains the ".inf" file that's provided there (and worked before with this camera on windows 64 bit)

[Image: 7xSVA.png]

Maybe there's something wrong with my windows install or something. I ended up looking the drivers in this forum but it might never work again.
can you try this cam on another pc just to confirm that it is working.
windows xp 32bit would be a fair test.

i will try and strip the 64bit driver right back to its bare files but i am unable to do that till the weekend when i have more time.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  zs211 integrated webcam driver doom 1 4,187 11-18-2012, 08:49 PM
Last Post: davey6
  WebCam Not Working rohitaar 3 6,898 08-20-2012, 08:08 PM
  [split] ebay zs211 6 led webcam under vista amanda n haze 2 5,473 04-03-2009, 03:01 AM
Last Post: sparkey
  webcam drivers not working cam3ron12 5 9,027 12-27-2008, 03:44 PM
Shy zs211 Webcam dodgy mic Brownlingii 3 6,799 12-10-2008, 08:41 AM