Copyright Daves Drivers 2007-2017

Facebook Share

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coprocessor Driver for Compaq Presario F558 US
Hello again, I need the coprocesor driver for my laptop, the model is Presario F558US, this laptop comes with Vista pre-installed but I re-install XP and lost the Copro[/color]cessor controller, can you help me
the co-processor driver is part of the nvidia motherboard drivers.
have you loaded up the main chipset driver for that laptop ?
No yet, can you tell me where is it?, I don't know what model nvidia mothetboard is.
your in luck i tracked down the nforce chipset driver yesterday at hp for someone else it can be found here.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softw...28&lang=en
Thanks Dave, but this drivers don't fix the problem, I still see in the manager device de Coprocessor without driver, is possible that this drivers don't exist for XP?
maybe but its also possible that windows is reading the chip incorrect, when i checked hp with your model number it came back as non dual core in fact it was not even ht so maybe windows is just misreading the info.

you can try windows update and see if that sloves the problem.
to do that right click update driver from device manager and carry on with that but make sure your online at the time.
i will look again for you as well but to date thats the only nforce driver i have come across at hp
I have a HP Pavilion dv6307ca. I just finished "downgrading" to XP. All the drivers are working fine(with a huge thanks to this forum for the links) except the "co processor" still needs a driver.

dxdiag shows the dual core cpu, and the task manager does as well, so all apperances says the dual core is working fine, except for the co processor driver in the device manager.

I have installed the nforce drivers from HPs site, as well as from nvidia's site, and neither worked for this.
yes this is one error i can't pin down, seems to be something built into vista to do with the cool and quite control built in the cpu to fans.

i have downloaded the AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile driver from AMD and added it to this post as its a bit of a pig to find at AMD.
thats the cpu you have listed at hp

try that driver ( its for win xp , win 2003 )
it should be able to tell xp the correct way to use that cpu and fans

if its a hardware built on the motherboard to cpu to fans and only supported by vista i don't think a driver can be found as you bet your life microsoft or hp won't do one. it forces people to go back to vista.

and just for the record i hate vista , i have never come across such a balls up since windows me. the only thing they have got right is marketing, or should that be force people to use vista if you want to or not.
sorry small rant, but when you see how many people are going back to xp like i do it should make microsoft stop and think but they never learn.

driver download
Dave I find in this site the Co-processor dirver for my Compaq F558US.

http://www.matrix-software.net/programa/...&Itemid=27
The coProcessor driver can usually be found in the C:\SwSetup\Chipset\WinVista32\SMU on the original Vista install if it's an HP laptop. The coProcessor drivers are NOT OS specific for the most part as they must comply with hardware specs of the laptop and allow the OS access to the hardware layer.

The drivers in question are the "NVIDIA SMU Drivers" or "NVIDIA nForce System Management Controller".

I know this because I just downgraded my HP dv9418ca to XP Pro. This is not the first time I have downgraded (or upgraded) a laptop to a new or older OS. I will probably be doing it again next year by trying to upgrade from XP to Server 2008 for developement purposes (should be interesting).

As a FYI: I used all of the drivers from the dv9005ca (XP) at first then I updated the nForce drivers (430 w/o graphics intergration) and the latest 6150 graphics drivers at the end.

Great site dave, glad to see that there are alot of us who don't like Vista. For me as a developer, Vista would have been a pain in the arse since even some of Microsofts own products have serious issues running in Vista.
thank you for that, i will add that laptop number to the list of possible drivers to try.
i am so glad i am not the only one that hates vista.
i beta tested it from stage one it was crap then its still crap now.

i think i know what your " not allowed " word said lol lol i agree 100%

did you notice that hp still support xp on the business laptops / desktops.
bit of info for you , if you downgrade again take a look at hp's business end machines for drivers.
seems to be the home user they are screwing over.
as people are finding it hard to find this smu driver i have just downloaded the nvidia " 5 " series nforce driver and ripped out the smu.

you can download it from this link.
SMU Download

please note the driver must be loaded by device manager.

sleen , all your post have been rounded up into one place.
please check here.
http://www.davesdrivers.com/forum/showth...hp?tid=393
Davey,the coprocessor worked.Thanks.The thing remaining now is PCI device and unknown device.Still on it,trying to figure those out.Another thing is that,the ethernet adapter is so slow to configure.Why is that? It kind of hangs when I try to open the network properties
pci device may be the modem.

like i said i need to know if your laptop has a card reader and bluetooth built in it.
hp are not listing anything i can use to say well it might be that.
Forgot to inform you that I am still not successful with the audio drivers
what about everest , now you have the motherboard drivers installed does it list the modem ?

any luck with the other info on bluetooth or card reader ?

as you can see i was rechecking your model last night at hp , thats why i came up with that idea about the sound, but hp have limited the system spec so much on their site i really can't tell you whats in that laptop as standard.
they have done that to stop people such as myself looking at the spec then trying to find xp drivers.

really is a pain in the backside i know but from my point of view i have to go by what your telling me and what info you can find from the laptop.
if worse come to worse reinstall vista and use the device manager in vista to get a full run down of your system hardware then try down grading again.
i know its a pain but sometimes its the best way as you have a list of hardware to work from.
Hello Daves -

The information provided by you was much helpful

Im using Compaq Presario CQ50-112AU Notebook, and when purchased it had Windows Vista pre-installed. As i hate the hell lot services running at the background i decided to remove vista and install xp which i mange to do by taking help from your posts on the website. I manage to install the coprocesser driver and rest except sound card and VGA. I tried much much failed to provide the drivers to it.

Well my main problem here is even though i have 2 gigs of RAM, after installing XP my laptop is going damn slow, even its horriable to switch between application to application. Could please tell me what could be the problem and what can be the solutions for this.

Your help would be highly appreciated

Many thanks
Prakash
the problem may well be down to xp not understanding the chipset.

now HP are with holding the system specs for this machine so i can tell what nvidia chipset you have.

all you can try and do is the use the auto detect at nvidia and let them pick the best set of drivers for that motherboard.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

you sound is the conexant HD smart audio and should not give problems as long as you remembered to load up the UAA driver before the conexant it should work.
drivers for that can be found in the download section on the bottom of the forum.
the main problem is going to be that geforce card, its the " 8 " series of cards which is still pretty new to laptops.
your best chance is a mod driver from laptop 2 go
http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/

last thing to note if you have downgraded this laptop you should not be using sp3 just yet as it can and does cause massive problems with downgrading the sound as sp3 is supose to have the UAA driver built in, somehow m/s screwed that up and it does not work the way it should.
xp pro with sp2 is the best way to downgrade at the moment.
Thank you it worked fine now. Last nite i installed SP3, nForce_HDA_10.3.00.23_international for audio, NVIDA Device Driver 175.76 for display. And as of now display, audio, speed and rest every thing is working fine on laptop. Fingures cross let me test and see how it works on long run. Well i can say Vista is a big failure for microsoft.

Many thanks davis, you rock

(11-21-2008, 04:05 PM)davey6 Wrote: the problem may well be down to xp not understanding the chipset.

now HP are with holding the system specs for this machine so i can tell what nvidia chipset you have.

all you can try and do is the use the auto detect at nvidia and let them pick the best set of drivers for that motherboard.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

you sound is the conexant HD smart audio and should not give problems as long as you remembered to load up the UAA driver before the conexant it should work.
drivers for that can be found in the download section on the bottom of the forum.
the main problem is going to be that geforce card, its the " 8 " series of cards which is still pretty new to laptops.
your best chance is a mod driver from laptop 2 go
http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/

last thing to note if you have downgraded this laptop you should not be using sp3 just yet as it can and does cause massive problems with downgrading the sound as sp3 is supose to have the UAA driver built in, somehow m/s screwed that up and it does not work the way it should.
xp pro with sp2 is the best way to downgrade at the moment.
where's the smu driver link
i need it so muchSlap

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Win7 on HP Compaq nx9420 no Graphic Card Driver found optimfish 6 16,301 11-18-2011, 08:43 PM
Last Post: optimfish
  hp tx1210us vista downgrade coprocessor driver beatlejoos51 3 4,867 08-05-2011, 05:24 PM
Last Post: beatlejoos51
  help on a compaq presario sr5019/uk flyer 2 5,376 08-12-2010, 11:58 AM
Last Post: flyer
Wink Compaq Presario CQ50-110US Notebook sparker781 14 13,944 02-27-2009, 11:09 PM
Last Post: davey6
Exclamation Compaq Presario v6642EM downgrade to XP BenH 11 12,829 02-26-2009, 03:03 PM
Last Post: davey6