Davesdrivers copyright 2007-2019

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foxconn 661FX7MF - No Audio
Hi Dave,

Long time no speak i couldn't access my old account so have had to create this one
i have the above mentioned board that wont play audio, drivers are installed (sis AC97) is this the correct one for the board? i cant get windows update to run it just hangs on searching.

the application for ac97 shows that i have something plugged in the jack.
foxconn site is down at the moment so i can't check what sound card is on that board.
plenty of websites on google saying they have it but want money to download or tell you what it is.
i so hate the web these days people wanting money for a simple driver download.

i would think that being a foxconn it will be a soundmax or a realtek sound chip.
if its a really cheap board it may be cmedia.

the only way to find out ste is to call up the device id string and post it here so i can check it.
or download everest ( now aida 64 ) and use that to find the sound chip
http://www.lavalys.com/
thats handy the foxconn site is back up,
that board has realtek ac97 sound.
grab the newest drivers from here.
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=23&PFid=23&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false
btw my avatar is the newest member of my family, his our pet and we have had him since he was a cub.
i never do anything like normal people, oh no davey can't have a cat or a dog can he lol
Updated that, still no sound. the motherboard is mounted on wood, could this be an issue? would it need to be on metal for grounding?
(12-22-2013, 06:59 PM)ste!! Wrote: Updated that, still no sound. the motherboard is mounted on wood, could this be an issue? would it need to be on metal for grounding?

nah thats not a problem i have test run motherboards in their cardboard boxes before now Grin

check in that boards bios and make sure the onboard sound is on.
and just in case foxconn site is wrong run everest and see what that says under pci/pnp audio
is this the right bit

Bus Type SiS MuTIOL

undefined
(12-22-2013, 08:42 PM)ste!! Wrote: is this the right bit

Bus Type SiS MuTIOL

undefined

nope thats not right, run aida 64
with the program running look in the left hand list for mutimedia
click the little plus or arrow next to it then click pci/pnp audio.
let me know what it list

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Foxconn 590 SLI ste!! 13 12,131 04-22-2014, 08:42 PM
Last Post: davey6
  Foxconn 661M04-MX-6L Neil.E 8 22,250 07-27-2012, 01:51 PM
Last Post: davey6