Davesdrivers copyright 2007-2019

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Acer Laptop Crash
Is there a reason this Acer Aspire laptop crashes when it goes to sleep or gets put to sleep?. It just seems to bsod when it enters sleep mode and you try to awaken it from it.
if that is windows 7 then its well known to happen with some hardware, some intel gfx can not be woken by windows 7 and it crashes or refuse's to come out of sleep.

whats the bsod crash code ?
it should give you a stop error code and that can point you to the hardware thats giving the problems.
Yeah, its running windows 7 with a AMD cpu and radeon graphics.
I was thinking maybe it had to do with Acers shortcut hotkeys. Since it was put to sleep with the Fn+Sleep key, then turned back on. A moment later it would freeze up and black screen, then it would bsod. Though I didn't get the error code, it would make one of those WER files in the appdata folder but then it disappeared.
check event viewer and see if its logged the error.
next time it goes boobs up and crashes note down the error code and i will check it
for you.
Does it do the same if you Hibernate it?
After some time I was able to get the errors

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA80040552E0
BCP2: FFFFF88003E71A1C
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000002
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

It usually happens when it goes to sleep mode because my dad uses the laptop on and off during the day. Once it goes to sleep and he attempts to use it after, the screen goes black then BSOD.
funny acer are named in the Microsoft pages for this code.
they don't normally name a brand but that error code is a 100% match for what I found.

its down to your GFX card driver so have a look and see if there is a possible updated driver at acer.
or let us know the full model number of that machine ( printed on the sticker on the bottom ) and we will
see if there is anything to note about that model and if its possible to load a third party driver.
It's a Acer aspire 7250-3821
quick specs list AMD Radeon HD 6320

as long as Packard bell have not locked out the use of the main ati driver set these should work that gfx card

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/legacy/13-9-...c_whql.exe