Davesdrivers copyright 2007-2022

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with Motherboard Driver
I'm trying to get a problem computer running again for my mother-in-law. The harddrive was replaced and reformatted, and then 98se was installed. The installation completes and Windows loads, but then a series of "new hardware found" windows come up. I think they're all related to the integrated motherboard. The processor is an AMD K-7 T-Bird, but I have no idea what the main board is. I'm trying to get enough info on the board to find drivers for it, and need some help. I tried BelArc Advisor, that was suggested by someone else. That runs fine, and reports some information on the system, but I don't get anything on the mobo. I noticed that you were recommending installing and running Everest. When I follow your link, I go to a directory with two zipped files. Do I need to download and install both? If you'd point me in the right direction, I'd be ever so grateful!
:thankyou:
if that is a old pc the home version should be all you need.
the other trail version is more for dual core systems as the old home version has trouble reading the motherboards used by those chips.

if everest can't or won't work on your pc there is anotherway to find out what motherboard it is but that means taking the case off the computer and looking at the motherboard its self.
but try everest first see how you get on.
Thanks, Dave! I can find some drivers on the PCChips website that might be a match, but I'm not certain which one I need. Could you help? Here's the info (from the Overclock section):

Motherboard Properties:
Motherboard ID 62-0330-001437-00101111-071595-SiS730S$M810LR_RELEASE 03/30/2001 S
Motherboard Name PCChips M810LR (2 PCI, 1 AGP, 1 AMR, 2 SDR DIMM, Audio, Video, LAN)

Chipset Properties:
Motherboard Chipset SiS 730S
Memory Timings 3-3-3-6 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS)

If this isn't enough (or the correct info needed), please let me know. I'm hoping that reinstalling the drivers will get things working again. Currently there's no sound, limited video quality, and the USBs don't work. The printer was installed from the original disk, and that works fine. Thanks in advance for your help! :)
bare with me i am trying to access pc chips website which is proving to be a pain
what a pain in the backside that site is, going round in endless loops that go nowhere but dead links.

anyway , i can't find a 100% match at pcchips global so i had to come down one model, i think all the drivers for this board should be the same as yours.
http://www.pcchips.com.tw/PCCWebSite/Dow...tailid=163&DetailName=Driver&DetailDesc=&CategoryID=1&MenuID=6&LanID=2

now stay away from the bios updates just click the driver tab and try the listed drivers on your board.
the only thing not listed is the onboard gfx for windows 98se,
as you have the SiS730 chipset and i take it your using onboard video you can try the driver listed at sis.
its not a small download i am sorry to say.

click this link.
http://www.sis.com/download
select the following in the list's

windows 98se
igp graphics drivers
sis 630 and 730 series

select where to download from and download it to your desktop.

i am sure thats the correct driver for your onboard gfx
Thanks, Dave! I've installed everything so far, except the dial-up adapter, which she shouldn't need (using DSL through USB adapter). The sound and video are great! Everything looks to be working now, except the USBs. Can you help with that? Here's the info:

Peripherals:
Printer HP DeskJet 720C Series
USB1 Controller SiS 7001 PCI-USB Open Host Controller
USB1 Controller SiS 7001 PCI-USB Open Host Controller
USB Device USB Device

If this isn't the info that you need from the Everest Report, please let me know. Additionally, when I look at the last USB in the Windows Device Manager, it shows the number 005D A230. There are USBs in the front and back of the computer.

Thanks again for the help! :thankyou:
if windows is listing the usb controller as such it should be working as sis don't offer any downloads for usb support.

do you have the full driver for that hp printer ?
you should install the hp driver before you plug the printer in or you will get a error.
now i know hp have now stopped support for all old printers under windows 95 / 98 / me
but that was a very common printer and i may have the driver tucked away on one of my disk.

try using windows update ( whats left of it for windows 98 )
get the computer fully up to date.
then install the printer driver and see if it works.

if you do not have the printer driver let me know and i will have a look at my disk's for you.
I had the original printer driver disk, so that installed without a problem. :)

I reinstalled the wireless adapter (USB), and it works well...sort of. When I first turn the computer on, there are no lights on the wireless adapter, and a troubleshooting window will come up. If I unplug the adapter from the USB, and then plug it back in, the lights come on and I get excellent connectivity. Everything works beautifully from that point on. If I restart the computer, I have the same problem, but "unplug/replug" and I'm back in business. Any ideas on why the adapter works only after being unplugged and then replugged?

I truly appreciate your help! Thanks again for everything!
Rock
may well be the way windows 98 is powering up the usb ports.
if it does it late the device can't boot in time before windows does its self hardware check.

what is the device make and model number i will check it up to see if i can find any update drivers.