Davesdrivers copyright 2007-2019

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SN9C325 chipset driver reqd
Hi Dave.. Am using the Amcap app that got loaded with the driver for the sonix, it takes the default acer cam & I change the cam in devices to sonix, then it shows black screen.

Thanx
(06-12-2015, 12:28 PM)davey6 Wrote: which program are you using to pre view the cam in ?
I had a feeling you were going to say amcap.
that program is dos based and came out for windows 98 so that shows you how old it is and was never that good at the best of times.
under 64bit it don't work at all and may well be the reason why your getting a black screen in the preview.

if you use any sort of IM program IE Skype e.t.c open that and run the built in webcam wizard to adjust the cam.
the chances are you may get much better results.

I know this sounds mega silly but you will be surprised by how many people forget.
check to make sure the lens cover is not on the cam.
Hi Dave, Tried what you mentioned & even when I select the usb cam it still gives only black screen & sometimes the cam is going to the default acer webcam. This cam doesn't have a lens cover :). I am really fed up with this cam now.

Thanks
(06-12-2015, 08:31 PM)davey6 Wrote: I had a feeling you were going to say amcap.
that program is dos based and came out for windows 98 so that shows you how old it is  and was never that good at the best of times.
under 64bit it don't work at all and may well be the reason why your getting a black screen in the preview.

if you use any sort of IM program IE Skype e.t.c open that and run the built in webcam wizard to adjust the cam.
the chances are you may get much better results.

I know this sounds mega silly but you will be surprised by how many people forget.
check to make sure the lens cover is not on the cam.
is the default acer webcam working ?
I am just starting to wonder if windows is getting its self confused between the built in one and external one.
Yes Dave the default acer webcam is working. Also when the usb cam is connected & the button for taking a pic is pressed it automatically jumps to the acer cam.

Thanks
(06-13-2015, 10:40 PM)davey6 Wrote: is the default acer webcam working ?
I am just starting to wonder if windows is getting its self confused between the built in one and external one.
ok keep in mind what I said in post 18 about system restore.

I think windows is getting confused and that's why its jumping and screwing around on you.
so best thing is to try this.
do another system restore again a day or two before you installed the cam.
let the system restore complete and restart the acer, please make sure the sonix is not connected at this point.
with the system clean once again go in to device manager call up the acer cam.
right click on it and select disable and then restart the machine once more.
that will tell stupid windows that the acer is fully disabled and can not be used.
then install the sonix and see if it works.

sometimes webcams can be a real pain in the backside and that's the
reason why I stick with Logitech for the simple reason they are the only webcam company
that is willing to support their webcams, they even test all their old webcams on newer versions of
windows and when they become to old and won't work they do list it on their site.
Thanx Dave. Will try this & let you know but now there is another problem my VGA is crashing & system is goin to Blue screen,  rebooting. In Blue screen its doing a physical memory dump & saying there is a hardware or new s/w installed issue & asking me to remove any newly installed s/w. Also before this happens ie 11 is using 100% Cpu & 80- 90% memory hanging the system & then crashing. What is this new headache now?

Thanks
(06-14-2015, 08:11 AM)davey6 Wrote: ok keep in mind what I said in post 18 about system restore.

I think windows is getting confused and that's why its jumping and screwing around on you.
so best thing is to try this.
do another system restore again a day or two before you installed the cam.
let the system restore complete and restart the acer, please make sure the sonix is not connected at this point.
with the system clean once again go in to device manager call up the acer cam.
right click on it and select disable and then restart the machine once more.
that will tell stupid windows that the acer is fully disabled and can not be used.
then install the sonix and see if it works.

sometimes webcams can be a real pain in the backside and that's the
reason why I stick with Logitech for the simple reason they are the only webcam company
that is willing to support their webcams, they even test all their old webcams on newer versions of
windows and when they become to old and won't work they do list it on their site.
I really need the stop code that the blue screen gives you.
to stop the auto restart and to get windows to stop at the blue screen please follow this.
go in to control panel, click the hardware and sound icon, in the left hand list click system and sercurity.
then click system.
again in the left hand list click advanced system settings.
a box will now open, on the bottom of that box you will see start up and recovery, click the settings box on that.
take the tick out of auto restart, click ok and then click ok again to close the box.

when windows give you a bsod again it won't restart, what it will do is stop at the blue screen and on the bottom of that screen will be a stop code.
that stop code is what I need as it can point to the troublesome hardware.
Hi Dave, Acer crashed thrice Crash 1 dayefore yesterday & 2 & 3 yesterday. It does not show any stop code. What it shows is below:-

Crash 1: (Auto restart)  Windows recovered from an unexpected shutdown
Problem event: Blue screen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.2
Locale id: 16393

Additional information about the problem
BCC Code: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA80046CD010
BCP2: FFFFF88003CB2A1C
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000002
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Crash 2: Blue Screen (No Auto Restart) Technical Information
STOP: 0x00000116 (0xFFFFFA80017614E0, 0xFFFFF88002C81A1C, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000002)
atikmpag.sys - Address FFFFF88002C81A1C base at FFFFF88002C7A000, Date stamp 4ddc68a6
Physical memory dump complete

Crash 3: Blue Screen (No Auto Restart) Technical Information
STOP: 0x00000116 (0xFFFFFA8001CA64E0, 0xFFFFF88003CBAA1C, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000002)
atikmpag.sys - Address FFFFF88003CBAA1C base at FFFFF88003CB3000, Date stamp 4ddc68a6
Physical memory dump complete
-----------------------------------------
Also did a system recovery to the time before sonix s/w was installed 2 days back, disabled the acer web cam restarted reinstalled sonix s/w, rebooted kept acer webcam in disabled mode & checked but still it shows only black screen. Now what to do?

Thanx.

(06-14-2015, 02:44 PM)davey6 Wrote: I really need the stop code that the blue screen gives you.
to stop the auto restart and to get windows to stop at the blue screen please follow this.
go in to control panel, click the hardware and sound icon, in the left hand list click system and sercurity.
then click system.
again in the left hand list click advanced system settings.
a box will now open, on the bottom of that box you will see start up and recovery, click the settings box on that.
take the tick out of auto restart, click ok and then click ok again to close the box.

when windows give you a bsod again it won't restart, what it will do is stop at the blue screen and on the bottom of that screen will be a stop code.
that stop code is what I need as it can point to the troublesome hardware.
well I think we can say we have done just about everything possible to get that cam working.
it might simply be a case of it won't work with windows 7 64bit.
there is only one other thing I can think of and that is a full and complete reinstall of the o/s but that seems
a lot of trouble to go to for a webcam.

on to your other problem, it is your vga card causing the crashing, its listed at Microsoft more then once and seems to
a acer problem.
Microsoft say load their driver for the video card from windows update but I can already see from the feedback that even their driver does not fix that problem.
I will look for some drivers for you and then check driver version numbers with Microsoft to see if there is any know problem with them.
Thanks a lot Dave. Guess we tried everything for the web cam. Going to throw this one & get a win 7 compatible one. Your forum & support are really appreciated.

Going to do one more e recovery to bring acer to full default mode. Also noticed that only some sites are creating problems with the AGP card & making the Cpu touch 100% in Ie 11. Could this be some problem with scripts running in these site?

Thanx
(06-15-2015, 08:43 PM)davey6 Wrote: well I think we can say we have done just about everything possible to get that cam working.
it might simply be  a case of it won't work with windows 7 64bit.
there is only one other thing I can think of and that is a full and complete reinstall of the o/s but that seems
a lot of trouble to go to for a webcam.

on to your other problem, it is your vga card causing the crashing, its listed at Microsoft more then once and seems to
a acer problem.
Microsoft say load their driver for the video card from windows update but I can already see from the feedback that even their driver does not fix that problem.
I will look for some drivers for you and then check driver version numbers with Microsoft to see if there is any know problem with them.
may well be java loaded sites that are causing you problems.
IE 11 is a system hog as well so try something less heavy on the system like opera or chrome.

most new cams these days are plug and play and do not come with a driver disk.
but as you say try to get one that does state windows 7, creative and Logitech would be my choice
as they are pretty good at support.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ALCOR AU3880 BL WebCam chipset Windows 7 driver shaheeb 6 10,645 01-13-2013, 10:08 AM
Last Post: davey6
  SN9C325 68x1 31 52,997 12-02-2010, 01:16 AM
Last Post: davey6
Toungue eMPIA chipset ebay webcam need software aciid 2 6,069 06-15-2008, 12:49 PM
Last Post: aciid