Copyright Daves Drivers 2007-2018

Facebook Share

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motherboard Bios update, Possibly??
ups??
urban paranormal support?? u pray slowly?? 'uge pink sherry??

box to be opened later today or tomorrow.
do I need it open when i am 'flashing'

quintain

quote=davey6]
The only thing i can advise is you try and use a ups while you do the bios update.

if everything goes well you sit there and think well whats all the fuss about , but when things go wrong then its big trouble.
I have had it and so has mr biggles77 when a flash goes wrong.
I had it on a brand new board that was two hours old flashed the bios and it went dead.

I stick to gigabyte boards now for the simple reason they have back up bios, this board i have has three bios chips if one goes wrong the second takes over, its one of the best ideas ever .
plus the fact gigabyte make dam good boards not cheap but good.

if you let me know the board version number i will take a look to see if any bios updates can be found , i will also try and find you step by step bios flash guide for your board.
[/quote]
ups = uninterruptible power supply.

you don't need the case off while you do the flash.
Thanks will come back asap
quintain
Hi Davey6
Thanks again for your time and help BUT I am very concerned about 'flashing bios' it could cause me more problems than leaving a stupid webcam on the shelf until Creative Labs produce a workable installation procedure.
I hope you will allow me to come back to you if I change my mind on the bios (I still think that creative labs tech guys suggested it because they have no other ideas!!).
I'll do a further hunt around the web to see if a workaround has been found that is less intrusive than flashing bios.
Thanks again for your help to date.
quintain
no problem , if you feel brave one day just let me know.
if i come across anything posted about this cam i will let you know.
I do alot of hardware reading to keep ahead of whats coming out and what i need to learn for this board , so anything i feel may help i will post here for you.
Thanks Davey6
Hi Davey6
Hope you are having/had a good holiday weekend.
I have taken some pics but I will click on your 'insert image' tab and see what happens.
Can't see how to send the pics can you advise please.
quintain

davey6 Wrote:no problem , if you feel brave one day just let me know.
if i come across anything posted about this cam i will let you know.
I do alot of hardware reading to keep ahead of whats coming out and what i need to learn for this board , so anything i feel may help i will post here for you.
I am sorry to say you can't add a image file direct in to the forum.

what you have to do is upload the pictures to a website and then when you get the script prompt you enter the full web address of where the picture is held.

If the pictures are not too big a file ie: not over 5 meg email them to me in a zipped folder i will take a look at the images.

webmaster@davesdrivers.com or davey6@davesdrivers.com
OK, now I (think) I understand.
I have uploaded to picasso at the link shown
Regards
quintain

davey6 Wrote:I am sorry to say you can't add a image file direct in to the forum.[Image: CarreraComp2005?authkey=k2tzM2L-QFk]

what you have to do is upload the pictures to a website and then when you get the script prompt you enter the full web address of where the picture is held.

If the pictures are not too big a file ie: not over 5 meg email them to me in a zipped folder i will take a look at the images.

BTW. The mainboard version is 1.0 hope you can see that from the pics.
Would any other clearer or different pics help your thoughts??

quote=quintain]
OK, now I (think) I understand.
I have uploaded to picasso at the link shown
Regards
quintain

davey6 Wrote:I am sorry to say you can't add a image file direct in to the forum.[Image: CarreraComp2005?authkey=k2tzM2L-QFk]

[/quote]
sorry quintain i can't see any pictures and there is nothing in my email address

what did you try to do ?

I will give you a example of what to do.
upload your pictures to a website,somewhere you can access the full file name.

if i uploaded one to my site and named it quintain in the script prompt
i would have to put
http://www.davesdrivers.com/quintain.jpg

thats if you used jpg to save the file as.

hope thats not confused you even more.
ok i can see you have version 1.0 of that board its clear in the picture.

these are the bios updates for that board.
http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Product...=7&LanID=9

please make sure you read the IMPORTANT NOTE on ecs website.

also don't be in a rush to flash the bios read everything you can about using the flash tools.
http://www.ecs.com.tw/extra/flashutl/index.html

good luck.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BIOS update. henrythomas 1 3,339 10-15-2009, 12:35 PM
Last Post: davey6
  Bios Update colonr 1 3,310 05-23-2008, 05:25 PM
  #2 Motherboard Bios update, Possibly?? humaira 1 3,341 09-04-2007, 12:44 PM