Davesdrivers copyright 2007-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vista driver for for USB-serial HL-340
Hi,
32-bit (AMD 64x2 dual core 4000) system here. AM trying to synch it with an older Palm IIIxe PDA. Palm has new Beta software that uploads nicely, but no one seems to have a Vista driver. :
wordworker Wrote:Hi,
32-bit (AMD 64x2 dual core 4000) system here. AM trying to synch it with an older Palm IIIxe PDA. Palm has new Beta software that uploads nicely, but no one seems to have a Vista driver. :

Solved by Davey6 who figured out the what my vista was trying to tell me without knowing Chinese.Clap
Here's the link that was vista compatible for my USB/serial HL-340 cable

http://wch.cn/download/list.asp?id=65.

Hope it helps some others. At last I can synch my trusty old PDA.

wordworker
that link is a bit hit and miss so what i have done is download that driver and added it to this post.

anyone that needs the ch341ser/ HL-340 cable
can find it at the bottom of this post.

Attached Files
.zip   ch34rser.zip (Size: 114.72 KB / Downloads: 2,687)
Hi,
I am also having driver problems with an ebay HL-340 cable.
I keep getting asked for a driver for a Nokia DKU-5 device, the supplied disk is no use, card reader drivers, and the ch34rser.zip installs but the driver is not recognised when the device is subsequently plugged in.

Can you help please.

Thinking
try vista on the driver listed here.
you may need to install this from device manager as its for 98 to xp.
http://www.nokiausa.com/A4410338

nokia europe also has the driver listed.
http://europe.nokia.com/appmanager/UnitedStatesEnglishEUROPE_NOKIA_COM_3/Get_support;JSESSIONID_NCOM=GryvGZ3NsH1rmsr1QlwltHt9lJcLNJsTgjmXGqg7vJ7Jn2RmhWGr!-628029585?_nfpb=true&_windowLabel=T2041828831149690107959&_pageLabel=P163319&wsrp-urlType=blockingAction&wsrp-url=&wsrp-requiresRewrite=&wsrp-navigationalState=&wsrp-interactionState=_action%3D%2Fpageflows%2FEMEASupportTool%2Fbegin&wsrp-mode=&wsrp-windowState=
Tried that driver.
Not finding the driver after installation.
Can't install from device manager using update driver option either.

What now?

Thinking
try the other driver i have listed here.
http://www.davesdrivers.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=130&page=2

if that one don't work for you contact the seller at ebay and ask about the correct driver or a refund.

normaly i would ask for the chip number to find the correct driver however its soldered in one end of that cable and you won't be able to see it without ripping the cable apart, risking damage to the chip or cable best to play safe and get your money back if that is possible.
Sad 
I feel I am getting one step closer to getting this stupid cable to work but I am still too far away Thinking

When I download and run setup and then click on install on my Vista 64 Ultimate machine I get the message "Driver Install Failure!"

What should I do now?

I have also tried extracting the files and getting the Device Manager to look into that folder for the driver files but still it doesn't work.
your problem is vista 64bit.
all the drivers i have listed here on site are for 32 bit vista.
i have not come a cross a 64 bit driver for any of these cables yet.
Hi!
My problem is Vista 32bit. (KOHJINSHA SH610B)
alreay to try above method, but still not work.......
pls help & support! thx!
with vista you may find the driver will load if you use the compatibility wizard

most of the drivers i have on site work with xp so when you use the compatibility wizard make sure you select windows xp sp2

the way to use the wizard can be found here.
http://www.davesdrivers.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2
hi every one
i have problem when i want conect my pansat2500a resiver to my labtop. when i want to download the file in reciver the massege said that "ER 1". i found that this means somthing wrong in usb or cable. i have visa system and toshiba labtop .what i have to do. by the way when i go to divace maneger and then go to port, the driver that related to hl-340 told me that "code 10". thank you for your help
you need to load up a vista driver for your HL-340 cable.
vista is not using the cable the correct way.
now from what i have seen on this forum and what i have seen in my searches trying to help people its only the very new brand names HL-340 cables that work or get supported under vista.
a cheap cable off ebay or your local pc shop does not work as its using a out of date switch over chip.
wordworker Wrote:
wordworker Wrote:Hi,

Solved by Davey6 who figured out the what my vista was trying to tell me without knowing Chinese.Clap
Here's the link that was vista compatible for my USB/serial HL-340 cable

http://wch.cn/download/list.asp?id=65.

Hope it helps some others. At last I can synch my trusty old PDA.

wordworker

put this on my pc with vista on and it f@~k my pc up
if it messed up your pc its been stopped by the firewall or anti virus software.
use system restore option built in vista and restore the pc back to the time you install the driver as it will have done a auto restore point just like xp does on installing a new driver.
It did it big time would not start said at all even in safe mode i had to format the pc still can not find drivers for the cable just got a new anti virus software and that is stopping it says it can harm my pc any help
the problem is vista, most of these HL-340 cables came out for xp and the switch over chip built in the cable just won't work with vista.

only the brand name newer cables work with vista the cheap ebay jobs won't work.

and to add to your problems vista 64bit is even worse supported even on the new cables so if you have vista 64bit you will have a very hard task on your hands.

now i just built a brand new pc with a X48 chipset and when i was reading my manual i came across something which may help a few members.
on my motherboard is a serial header , there are no ports built on the board but it does have the header on the motherboard.
that means if i want to or need to i can add a full supported serial port to my pc,
it may be worth your while sitting down and having a read of your motherboard manual just in case you have such a header.

unless of corse your on a laptop then you really are stuck with one of these cables.
thanks im stuck then as its a laptop thanks anyway
Hi,

I have also bought a HL-340 cable, unfortunately I do not get it to work.
When I plugged it in for the first time, Windows Vista's hardware installation assistant started and asked for drivers. Unfortunately I did not have the CD at hand, so the assistant quit the installation.

Whenever I plug in the cable now, nothing happens. No "new USB device"-sound and no activity. I tried to install the drivers manually, but no success - still no reaction when the cable is plugged in.

I tried to search for new PnP Hardware in the device manager - no success. Also when I try to manually install new legacy-hardware and try to install from the driver disk, no devices are found.

Could anybody help me how to solve this? I am really stuck...

Help is appreciated, as I need the serial port urgently...

Greetings,
Bexman
vista is a real pain in the back side with these cables if its a cheap one i am sorry to say its not going to work with vista.
if its a new brand name one please post back with what the brand name and model number is.

if you have the cable plugged in and windows does not start the new hardware wizard it can still be found by doing the following.

click start , in the search bar on the bottom type
device manager

this will open vista's device manager, look down the list for the problem cable , it will be listed under other devices and it will be listed with a yellow !
if you right click on that and select update driver the wizard will start that allows you to search or install a driver from a folder.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Driver for usb - serial cable HL 340 brakedust 5 16,787 05-28-2009, 08:16 PM
Last Post: davey6