Copyright Daves Drivers 2007-2017

Facebook Share

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vista driver for for USB-serial HL-340
THX,

I don't think I will get this cable to work under vista. After I deleted the INFCACHE and restarted the Notebook the "new hardware assistant" started again but reported a non working device.

No chance of instaling any driver.

I contacted the retailer and asked for a solution or a refund.

Right now I've got a friend's cable here with Prolific PL-2303 chipset which works :)

Will try to get myself one of these.

Cheers,
Bexman
I misplaced my drivers CD so I tried installing the drivers provided from the seller's website. It never worked so my journey to find a working driver began. My quest to find the HL-340 driver for XP made me stop here. Does it work? Yes!

Thanks, Dave!
(12-29-2007, 04:01 AM)Kanosha Wrote: I feel I am getting one step closer to getting this stupid cable to work but I am still too far away Thinking

When I download and run setup and then click on install on my Vista 64 Ultimate machine I get the message "Driver Install Failure!"

What should I do now?

I have also tried extracting the files and getting the Device Manager to look into that folder for the driver files but still it doesn't work.

hi i was just wondering if you solved the problem because im having the same problem if you found a solution it would be great to know aswell thank you =)
:compu2:
i'm trying to install this USB - Serial and nothing is working , any one know the driver pls post the link or send it to me to my Email osama.dubai@gmail.com!! thanks for your help
Grin

(10-06-2008, 04:44 AM)missthomi Wrote:
(12-29-2007, 04:01 AM)Kanosha Wrote: I feel I am getting one step closer to getting this stupid cable to work but I am still too far away Thinking

When I download and run setup and then click on install on my Vista 64 Ultimate machine I get the message "Driver Install Failure!"

What should I do now?

I have also tried extracting the files and getting the Device Manager to look into that folder for the driver files but still it doesn't work.

hi i was just wondering if you solved the problem because im having the same problem if you found a solution it would be great to know aswell thank you =)
the prolific PL-2303 does not work with any 64 bit version of windows.

your just wasting your time with these cables.

this is listed in RED on the prolific site.

NOTE: Prolific will not be providing Vista drivers for end-users. Please contact the vendor of your cable for Vista driver availability and support.
last known drivers direct from prolific
http://www.prolific.com.tw/eng/downloads.asp?ID=31
I have just got my hands on a prolific 2303 vista driver that i have ripped from a install disk that came with a cable.
my friend gave me this disk so here goes.
it looks like a driver that needs to be installed from device manager, it has no setup exe file so please fully unpack the driver on the bottom of this post.
plug your cable in and wait for the new hardware wizard to start,
follow the wizard till it wants to choose the driver, then point it to the unpacked folder.

I have the user manual as well that i will upload later today.

Attached Files
.zip   Vista.zip (Size: 180.14 KB / Downloads: 654)
Did these drivers work for Vista 64? Didn't work here.
the manual say's yes its for vista 32/64bit

i have uploaded the manual for you to have a read.
you will need adobe reader to view it.

Attached Files
.zip   cable man.zip (Size: 1.43 MB / Downloads: 457)
Thanks. I see that. My new Vista 64 system refuses to load drivers. I'm at my wits end. Been working on it for 5 hours today. I've followed every Google search and have found nothing that will allow this adapter to work.

I'll keep trying....and if all else fails I'll install XP Pro. I hate Vista anyways.
if it refuse's to run that driver my first stop would be the device ID string and double check that up and make sure it is the prolific 2303 chipset inside that cable.

prolific make some of the chipsets but there are other companies out there doing the same thing.

if it is the correct driver i would shut that hopeless vista stick your nose in everything firewall down and any third party firewall.
then try again, still won't stop vista moaning its backside off.

if that still fails try the Compatibility Wizard with the other new driver i just uploaded for xp.
http://www.davesdrivers.com/forum/showth...70#pid8570
Thanks Dave. I'll check this out tonight.
[quote='davey6' pid='1928' dateline='1187682997']
that link is a bit hit and miss so what i have done is download that driver and added it to this post.

anyone that needs the ch341ser/ HL-340 cable
can find it at the bottom of this post.
[/quote)"

I Have to say thank you so much that really worked and fixed my problem. You don't know how many sites and things i downloaded and they didn't work before I came across you! I was starting to give up on this whole stupid thing......Your just he best and I'll let anyone know if they have a problem to come here first!!

Thanks again
Hannah
I have been doing a bit of research on this.

Most manufacturers of RS232 Serial to USB cables do not support Vista.

Few do.

Alot of the sellers on ebay that say 'Vista' on their Rs232 to USB adapters are lying.

The manufacturers websites don't support it.

Case in point:

The dreaded HL-304 (aka Big Pine Software) - NOT VISTA SUPPORTED

Prolific PL-2303 NOT VISTA

IO-Data - No
Belkin - No
Elcom - No

Of the ones suggested by Prolific, only one is Vista 64 bit compatible.

BAFO.com BF-810

Their driver is here Windows Vista 32 Bit and 64 Bit Driver

And here's the catch. Install the driver - and it says it is the PL-2303 Prolific Driver! - Not compatible in many cases!
prolific do list that is up to the vendor of your cable for Vista driver availability and support.

in otherwords they can't be bothered to make this chipset work with vista as they have newer chipsets out and the vendors of these cables are just selling out of date stock with a xp driver thats been fooled in to working with vista

the driver bafo list is in fact a old xp driver with nothing changed what so ever.
the driver i listed above in a post is a mod driver that came with a cable , but the install exe file has been removed to fool vista.

the plan fact is most of these old chipsets just don't work with picky work with nothing vista.
m/s have shot themself's in the foot again with vista just like they did with windows more errors.
very few people like vista even less people want vista but its forced on you with a new pc like it or not.

windows 7 looks like its going to be more of the same, in fact i feel its going to get worse before it gets better.
my advice for what its worth is this.
if your pc or laptop is doing everything you want it to without giving a problem you do not need they nice new pc or laptop
with a socket change coming from the likes or Intel and Amd now is really not the time to be updating a pc because it will be old tech in less then 5 months time.
stick with what you know best.
(08-21-2007, 07:56 AM)davey6 Wrote: that link is a bit hit and miss so what i have done is download that driver and added it to this post.

Thank you for the driver davey6 :)
Dear All
i am looking for HL-340 serial to usb cable driver for vista ultimate 64 bit anybody can help me? to solve this issue
Can anyone suggest a cord that does work with Vista I have Vista 32 bit and i have bought a cheap on on ebay that has never worked on vista even tough it was suppose to I need this to connect a dell laptop to a singer embroidery machine. Thanks
with the case of vista your much better off going to your local pc shop and picking up a brand name one such as belkin.
support will be better because of its name.

the problem with these ebay ones is they are made in china by countless companies all using different out of date chips.
they say they work with vista as they need to shift the old stock but they are using a out of date cross over chip that vista simply don't like.

sometimes you get what you pay for and in the case of these cables that seems to be ture.
Big Grin 
(08-21-2007, 07:56 AM)davey6 Wrote: that link is a bit hit and miss so what i have done is download that driver and added it to this post.

This seems to of worked for me with HL tech USB2 - Serial converter on Vista. thanks for posting very helpful
Wink 

I manage to use this programe for one of this cables and it works perfectly thx.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Driver for usb - serial cable HL 340 brakedust 5 12,626 05-28-2009, 08:16 PM
Last Post: davey6