Copyright Daves Drivers 2007-2018

Facebook Share

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laptop Mouse Buttons Dead
Hi Dave

Recently my laptop started having a mind of its own, I put this down to heavy usage every day for a year without giving a fresh install.

So What I did was back all my files up and restored the original image (windows 8).

My left mouse button had dropped and seemed to work on and off. Since then it has wormed it's way back up to windows 10 and the mouse buttons stopped all together. So I have purchased all new casing for the laptop from Lenovo fitted it all expecting the mouse buttons to work but NO!

After messing about for over an hour with drivers I found a solution FN + F8. This got them working again but now tonight they have stopped responding again.

Laptop is Lenovo Z50-70
Driver is ELAN 11.4.94.1

Not only is it the click buttons but also tapping the touchpad. USB mouse works perfect.

Any idea?
should not have auto updated back to windows 10 since that free offer is now over unless there is a windows update that is
pushing back because you have already done the update to windows 10.
will have to check that one out.

did your new case come with a new track pad or did you move the old one across ?
Its a brand new track pad and buttons. I'm 98% sure it is a software issue rather than hardware. Id rather not have to reformat again as it's a nightmare putting things back just how I like
would seem to be a common problem under windows 10.
its a mix of crappy drivers and windows 10 being a pig
first off you need to check windows 10 to make sure its enabled the device.
control panel, hardware and sound, mouse.
on the box that's now open look at the tabs for your trackpad, click that and make sure its enabled.
if not enable it.

most trackpads run from a usb port on the motherboard so best to update your main motherboard drivers
just in case its those ones that are playing about and not the touchpad ones.

I also need you to double check that touchpad just to make sure its the one you think it is.
go in to device manager and call up the touchpad.
I need its device id string to confirm what one it is.

the driver you found and installed does support windows 10 however under you laptops main support page its not listing
any drivers for that touchpad above windows 7 which makes me think Lenovo have yet t test and release one for your model.
but if I can track down what trackpad version that is I should be able to find something to work with it.
the other option would be to use the windows 7 driver and load it with the compatibility mode pre set for windows 7
how to do that is like this, I think this works for windows 10 but I have not had time to test so you can let me know how this goes.
first off download the correct windows 7 driver.
https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mob...zw01wf.exe
right-click the file name, then click Properties.
click the Compatibility tab.
click Change Settings for All Users.
click the box next to Run this Program in Compatibility Mode for:
Using the drop-down menu select the Operating System that matches the Operating System of the driver downloaded. click Apply, then click OK.
right-click the driver file, then click Run as Administrator.
19.The User Account Control window may appear, if so click Yes to start the installation and follow the prompts that appear to install the touchpad driver.
I have no idea what happened but it started working all on its own. I was using the external mouse and my son asked why and showed me the touch pad now works haha!

Driver is still 11.4.94.1
track pad connection might be loose or dirty

OMG I have been doing this too long.
you were a child when I first came across you and now you have your own child.

I feel mighty old all of a sudden.

but then I am the big 50 in 4 months, really did not think I would live to see it.
I can feel old age is just waiting to spring on my back now lol