Davesdrivers copyright 2007-2022

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ebay bought 6 led webcam
i'm just another one who bought not one but teo of these and can't get them working

this is the link to the one i bought

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180089998209&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_XPP_DN_IT&refitem=300086021186&itemcount=5&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&refwidgettype=cross_seller_widget

can't wait for a resolution
that one differs from the one i just bought off ebay i will see what info i can find on that one.

are there any numbers anywhere printed on the cam ?
what windows are you trying to run it on ?
I got my ebay webcam to work, after much screwing around. i tried several different drivers, then went back to the one that came with it. i installed with the camera plugged in, first of all. second, i did a manual install, as described in a recent reply on this board - through the wizard. it started to install normally, then asked for the location of a specific file. the first time, the file was on the cd. the second time, it was a file that had already been installed onto the c:, under program files -> vimicro -> drivers -> driver files -> etc., several files down, all with 'driver' in the names (vimicro being the cam manufacturer). that happened another time or two, and then the install worked. apparently, when it is unpacking itself and putting these files on the c:, the pointers TO these files aren't pointing where they should - or aren't there at all - so you have to show it where they are. i do not remember this happening the first time i tried to install from the cd - then, it looked like it had installed properly, but didn't pick up the camera - but if you try again (and again), and are patient and think it through, eventually you can get it to work.
BTW, this cam has several different manufacturer names associated with it, but they all appear to be the same cam.
recbeccae

can you rip the driver from the cd please and let me know how big it is when zipped up.

if that driver works for the 480k pixel cams it would help a few people here.

just put the cdrom in your drive. cancel the install.
go into control panel, right click on your cdrom and click explore.

copy and paste all the files into a folder on your desktop then use winzip to zip it up.
if its not too large you should be able to email it me at
webmaster@davesdrivers.com

many thanks
davey6 Wrote:recbeccae

can you rip the driver from the cd please and let me know how big it is when zipped up.

if that driver works for the 480k pixel cams it would help a few people here.

just put the cdrom in your drive. cancel the install.
go into control panel, right click on your cdrom and click explore.

copy and paste all the files into a folder on your desktop then use winzip to zip it up.
if its not too large you should be able to email it me at
webmaster@davesdrivers.com

many thanks

sent you the email, let me know if you don't get it. it is for a 1.3M pixel cam, but i am having my doubts about it really being 1.3M at all....i think they rate these cams however they want. the resolution is ok, i guess, but it was supposed to be better than it is - it is too late to go into all the numbers, just take my word for it. also, the color on the picture fades in and out, it is useless for any serious applications.
i have another cam i bought last year, is supposed to be 3.1M pix, does the same thing. the lesson here - go somewhere local and pay the extra $ !!
****LATER****
sorry - the email is too big, wouldn't go - but i am trying to do it a different way, bear with me.
BTW, i have been having to go through the whole procedure everytime the computer is shut down - any idea why it won't stay installed? is it something i am doing wrong, or is it just another bug in the driver? (i haven't had this problem with anything else i've installed on that machine).
i have to agree with you there.

i bought one of these oh ages ago been a very good cam but look at the spec's its a 1.3 meg cam but look at the live rate.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/produc...NTID=10628

i bet your cam is the shame? ? spec as that but logitech tell the truth in the specs.

in the long run it pays to buy a well known brand name like logitech or creative as the support is only a website away.

email must have got filtered out what i will do is send you my personal email address later today while i am updating this site.
to stop it getting junked by outlokk in the subject line can you put webcam driver.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ebay-USB 30.0M 6 LED Webcam Camera Web Cam With Mic for Desktop PC Laptop donaldgreen 7 19,837 10-01-2012, 01:02 PM
Last Post: davey6
Shy 6 LED webcam.......ebay as usual 320mb 31 88,941 07-16-2011, 09:34 PM
  6 led unbranded webcam.....from ebay joolk 1 7,201 06-27-2011, 08:08 PM
Question Red 6 Led Generic Webcam from Ebay supahfly112 7 21,063 04-30-2011, 08:11 AM
  ebay webcam alcor au3803 chip legend_119 18 50,963 04-22-2011, 02:54 AM
Last Post: bbwbrad