Copyright Daves Drivers 2007-2016

Facebook Share

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The dreaded 6 LED webcam from ebay
I have one of these too. been searching for drivers to no avail.

USB\VID_18EC&PID_3299&REV_0100&MI_00
USB\VID_18EC&PID_3299&MI_00

printed on the chip is, "ark fpf", no numbers. any help will be greatly appreciated.
well from what i was just reading at drvsky ( jap site ) this cam is plug and play which means the driver comes from windows update.

try loading the cam again but please try it this way.

unplug the cam and start windows,
shut down any firewall and antivirus software you may be running reason being they can and do block windows from installing such a device.
go online,
plug the cam in to another usb port not the one you have been using.
let windows search, when asked let it search online as well.

it should find the driver for you and load it up.

if it fails stay on line, go in to device manager, call up the problem cam, right click on it and select update driver,

again let windows search its database and online.
thanks very much for the advice. i love this website. you rock, dave
Hi, I have a disk with the drivers for this cam. I bought one then contacted them for the drivers for XP as i was having the same trouble.
Trouble is, how do i get them to you guys?
can you pack the driver with winzip.
then email it to me at
davesdrivers@live.co.uk

i will rip it apart and find out what driver it is.

thanks you for your help
Hi there,

Believe I have the same webcam as Suthern up there. I'm using Windows 7.

USB\VID_18EC&PID_3299&REV_0100&MI_00
USB\VID_18EC&PID_3299&MI_00

It said it installed the drivers correctly. The problem is, when I go to msn, I go to settings and all I get is a black screen. I can change the settings, but I can't get it to change from black screen to normal. I'm not sure if this means that it didn't install correctly or not?

I also tried software that is used for taking pictures with this webcam - again, just a black screen.

http://www.sophiera.com/sophiera/Webcam%...AMERA).zip

Here is a folder the ebay member has listed on their ad. I downloaded it and it has a lot of files - still can't get it to work though.

Any ideas?

Thanks
the biggest problem with cams showing black or white screens is blocked files during install.

remove the cams driver if possible.
then restart the pc, shut down any firewall anti-virus and anti spyware programs you may be running, then plug the cam in to a different usb port then the one you have been using.
this will allow a clean install of the driver files.

a little tip these cams hate being on a usb hub, they work best on a main usb port these are normally the ones closest to your mouse and keyboard ps2 ports
Hi there,

Tried as you said - unfortunately still no picture. I have norton 360 and i turned off all protection.

any ideas?

by the way, when going to webcam settings, it has exposure as -10 on default. I tried to make it a + number but it can only go to -3. Don't suppose that's it? Only idea i've got..
I am sorry to say norton is one of those programs that never fully shuts down even when you tell it to.

its a safety net just in case a program does try and shut it down.

if possible install the cam on another pc just to make sure it is indeed working.
I just bought one on E-Bay with the built in microphone and it came with a series of drivers that are bogus. I merely allowed XP SP3 to install it and it showed that the cam was installed and the audio drivers were good.
I get video and Skype says the microphone is properly installed. My problem is that every time I do a Skype test the microphone goes to MUTE. I unmuted the microphone but it continues to turn mute ON.

Is this a unique problem or has someone else been down this road?
thats a bug in skype not your pc.
i have seen that before and it drove people mad but the new version of skype is supose to stop that so if you have not done so already please update your version of the skype software
[quote='davey6' pid='14304' dateline='1289634508']
thats a bug in skype not your pc.
i have seen that before and it drove people mad but the new version of skype is supose to stop that so if you have not done so already please update your version of the skype software

Thanks for the response; but, I'm running the latest version of Skype v 5.0.0.152
if its just doing this in skype and no other programs i would contact them and ask their support why the program is muting you mic
https://support.skype.com/en-gb

if its doing it in all programs post back and i will see what i can find for you.
(11-13-2010, 03:11 PM)davey6 Wrote: if its just doing this in skype and no other programs i would contact them and ask their support why the program is muting you mic
https://support.skype.com/en-gb

if its doing it in all programs post back and i will see what i can find for you.

It is only doing it in Skype and I have now gotten the built-in microphone to produce audio. I did a 'roll-back' and then pulled the USB cam cable out of the computer and XP re-installed the audio driver. I may have used the manufacturer's driver and overlaid it on top of Microsoft's driver causing the problem.
This issue of 'muted sound' on Skype startup appears to be a Skype issue as several other Skype Community users are complaining.
I'd like to thank you for your input, commend you for your efforts and I will continue returning to your site.
My camera is a gift and I am using xp sp3. When I plug in the camera I get "usb device not recognized, or malfunctioned." I have read other posts about taking of the back to get chip set numbers. Mine must be totally different cause every thing is attached to the back. I removed the board assembly and there are no numbers on the back of it. The numbers on front are TOP3722.??? I have not seen any progress for my configuration (xp sp3). If you can provide a list of drivers for sp3 I will try them and thank you for your efforts.
can you please plug the cam in then go in to device manager and see if you can call up its device id string.
http://www.davesdrivers.com/forum/announ....php?aid=8

did you plug this cam in to a usb hub or usb front socket ?
they tend to overload hubs or front usb they need to be plugged in the rear main usb ports to get full power.
If I emailed you I am sorry, I was just trying to post my comment. Your suggestion to use the usb ports in the back of the computer worked. Thank you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ebay-USB 30.0M 6 LED Webcam Camera Web Cam With Mic for Desktop PC Laptop donaldgreen 7 6,692 10-01-2012, 01:02 PM
Last Post: davey6
Shy 6 LED webcam.......ebay as usual 320mb 31 41,366 07-16-2011, 09:34 PM
  6 led unbranded webcam.....from ebay joolk 1 2,691 06-27-2011, 08:08 PM
Question Red 6 Led Generic Webcam from Ebay supahfly112 7 7,276 04-30-2011, 08:11 AM
  ebay webcam alcor au3803 chip legend_119 18 23,125 04-22-2011, 02:54 AM
Last Post: bbwbrad