Copyright Daves Drivers 2007-2016

Facebook Share

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The dreaded 6 LED webcam from ebay
Heya!

A while back I bought a webcam form ebay that looks exactly like this one. Unfortunatly after reinstalling windows i've lost the driver CD. This happened before and I managed to find drivers for it in the end, buit i can't find them this time :(

I've tried the ones form the 'Icatch 6led' thread, but have had no luck :(

I'm running WindowsXP Pro SP2 and the cam is recognized as "USB20 camera". In device manager details it says "USB\VID_0C45&PID_627B\5&2A470096&0&2" Under device instance Id

EVEREST says:
Field Value
Device Properties
Device Description USB20 Camera
Device ID 0C45-627B
Device Class 00 / 00
Product USB20 Camera
Supported USB Version 2.00
Current Speed Full (USB 1.1)

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
I decided to crack it open and have a look at the chip inside ... Its a Sonix. I'm sure I tried the Sonix drivers already, but I guess I didn't install them correctly or I picked the wrong one. I'll post back here if I get it working for reference :)

BTW for people wanted to chec kthe chip to see the manufacturer. Sonix was actually written on the chip in black ink and was barely visible and dirty, I had to look in bright light under a magnifying glass, so if you're faced with the same problem and can't see anything written on the chip .. take a closer look!
thats what that device id came back as too.

its a SN9C102

i have those drivers here.
http://www.davesdrivers.com/forum/showth...hp?tid=266
SN9C102 drivers aren't working for me :(
I ran the install, then connected the webcam, and the windows wizard came up, then when I clicked "install automatically" it instantly came back saying "drivers could not be found. Not installed"

Do you know what the problem is?
it may well be because you tryed so many other drivers before this one.

if your running windows xp try doing this.

go in to add remove programs and remove all the drivers you have tryed to date.

restart windows , now use system restore to restore the pc back to a date before you installed the first driver.

to find system restore.
click start, all programs , accessories, system tools, system restore.

you can also try
fully unpack the the driver and try the sn9c102p this way as well.
plug the cam in and let windows not find anything.
go in to device manager and right click on the problem and select update driver.
don't let windows search , browse to the folder you just unpacked the driver into.

any files that windows can use it will pick and load up for you
Still nothing :( I'm having real trouble with this!

I removed all the drivers, can't use system restore cause I disabled it.

The setup files installed to program files/common files/snpstd and there was an inf file there which I pointed the device manager driver install at. I also tried pointing it at the whole folder. I just got the error "The specified location does not contain information about your hardware". This is with both the sn9c102 and the p model.

Do you have a solution?
Thanks
check the following.

my computer , c drive , all programs ,

look down the list of folders for any cam you have installed , should be listed as pc cam or zstar, or vimicro.

make sure you have used add remove programs first to remove any drivers then restart the pc,
you can now delete any folder you find in c drive , programs without messing up your system.

at the moment my better half is in hospital so i can do a full search to see if sonix has any new cam chips.
i will as soon as i get a bit of time next week.
sorry for the delay but i can only access the site once at day at the moment.
Hey. I had to change my username cause I forgot the password, but I am 'narcosiss'.

I'm still having trouble with this cam! But i've got a little further.

I'm pretty sure [url=]this[/url] is the driver I need. Browse to 'Disk1data1.cab' then 'Driver Package (2K_XP)' and if you look in 'snp2std.inf' then the code for my device is referenced there! (VID_0C45&PID_627B)

Progress!

I need all of the files in that archive. I tried just copying the .inf, but it references all of those files. There must be a free version of these drivers out there somewhere!

Any help?

Cheers
Usually, if you have the driver unpacked, you can access the driver update from Device Manager, point to the inf, and it will cause Windows to install all the other files. Did you try a manual driver update from Device Manager?
Yes I did, I unpacked the drivers for the SN9C102 from this website, then clicked 'update driver' in 'device manager' and pointed to the .inf (oem5.inf). I just got the error message 'these drivers are not for this device' or something along those lines. Looking in oem5.inf my device code (VID_0C45&PID_627B) is not there.
Found password and using normal account again :)

I've also found a working driver! I googled, found a .inf which had my hardware device code in it, then searched the site I found the .inf on.

http://members.driverguide.com/driver/de...erid=85800

Thats the driver and it works perfectly. Came with the extra files I needed like 'sncamd.sys'.

I installed by extracting the files from the installer, then clicking 'update driver' in device manager and pointing to the extracted files and .inf.

Case closed :D
thats the second time i have seen that older file work.. very strange, if the old file works so should the new one.
i will get that older file from sonix support and upload it.
i don't trust driverguide anymore, far to many people moan about spam emails , virus in the drivers , and spyware.
i will get a clean download and add it to the board.

thanks for letting us know what driver worked.
(11-05-2007, 09:22 PM)narcosiss Wrote: I decided to crack it open and have a look at the chip inside ... Its a Sonix. I'm sure I tried the Sonix drivers already, but I guess I didn't install them correctly or I picked the wrong one. I'll post back here if I get it working for reference :)

BTW for people wanted to chec kthe chip to see the manufacturer. Sonix was actually written on the chip in black ink and was barely visible and dirty, I had to look in bright light under a magnifying glass, so if you're faced with the same problem and can't see anything written on the chip .. take a closer look!

That's exactly what I did. I opened the camera up, and with a magnifying glass I saw that it said Sonic SN9325AFG. So I googled that number and I came up with this site. http://www.sonix.com.tw/sonix/downloadSearch.do
So in the pull down list, I selected Video/Image Controllers, then I selected PC-CAM Controller, and selected my chipset which was SN9325. I downloaded the software which supports Win98, 2K, XP and Vista. I'm running Windows XP, so after the installation of the cameras setup program, windows detected the new hardware. I told Windows not to search for drivers on the net and told it to install for the drivers automatically instead and Voila! Windows detected the camera and everything works excellent!
http://www.mediafire.com/download.ph?zhmjzueyhgj

Hey, this is a pretty cool guy if you're looking for the 6 LED Light cam. It always runs away and doesn't afraid of anything.
Just unzip that .zip and do the hardware thing, but tell it to look there. Um... Use the .inf that -isn't- usbcam. It's the other one. Yes.
Yes.
Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.
Yes.
Conglaturation with your... web. Camera.
nothing cool about that driver , in fact its a direct rip of the driver i have had on site for the past 15 months with the setup exe removed Eek

see same driver.

Attached Files
.zip   zs211.zip (Size: 546.12 KB / Downloads: 314)

Hello to all.

I have bought the camera of 6 leds in ebay, and the CD with the drivers, on having installed it, gives me the mistake " Setup.exe has detected a mistake and must be closed " for what does not leave me to install it. :compu2:

I have downloaded several drivers, included them of davey6, but none them detects the camera. The file of the CD is called " PC USB Camera_1122_2M10M_1127_eric_SOI.exe "

This is the webCam:
[Image: byb2001v.jpg]

Do you know that model is, that drivers need, and like installing them?

Thank you very much from Spain. Grin
please remove the back cover of your cam and check its chipset.
more info on how to do that can be found here http://www.davesdrivers.com/forum/showth...hp?tid=817
(10-04-2008, 09:29 AM)davey6 Wrote: please remove the back cover of your cam and check its chipset.
more info on how to do that can be found here http://www.davesdrivers.com/forum/showth...hp?tid=817

Thank you very much, davey6.

Chipset:
ALCOR (I think that the last letter is "R". Can´t see good )
AU3803
C31-MAL-NP
A92018-1
0803T

Thanks again, and excuse me bad english.
that driver can be found here.
http://www.davesdrivers.com/forum/showth...p?tid=1032

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ebay-USB 30.0M 6 LED Webcam Camera Web Cam With Mic for Desktop PC Laptop donaldgreen 7 6,382 10-01-2012, 01:02 PM
Last Post: davey6
Shy 6 LED webcam.......ebay as usual 320mb 31 40,510 07-16-2011, 09:34 PM
  6 led unbranded webcam.....from ebay joolk 1 2,608 06-27-2011, 08:08 PM
Question Red 6 Led Generic Webcam from Ebay supahfly112 7 7,019 04-30-2011, 08:11 AM
  ebay webcam alcor au3803 chip legend_119 18 22,608 04-22-2011, 02:54 AM
Last Post: bbwbrad