DavesDrivers forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ECS P4M800-M7
12-11-2007, 05:35 AM,
ECS P4M800-M7
i have a problem about my Display settings. I can't play any game. My DirectDraw is disabled and i can't enable it. Though my DirectX is updated, its 9.0c. In my device manager, my video controller (VGA compatible) is not installed, and when i install it, it cannot find the right software. I can't figure out the problem.. Thinking
here's my computer info , i got it from everest :

Motherboard
Field Value
Motherboard Properties
Motherboard ID: 63-0100-001131-00101111-110205-P4M800+$P4M800-M7_P4M800-M7 RELEASE 11/02/2005
Motherboard Name ECS P4M800-M7

Front Side Bus Properties
Bus Type Intel NetBurst
Bus Width 64-bit
Real Clock 200 MHz (QDR)
Effective Clock 800 MHz
Bandwidth 6400 MB/s

Memory Bus Properties
Bus Type DDR SDRAM
Bus Width 64-bit

Chipset Bus Properties
Bus Type VIA V-Link
Bus Width 8-bit
Real Clock 80 MHz (ODR)
Effective Clock 640 MHz
Bandwidth 640 MB/s

Motherboard Physical Info
CPU Sockets/Slots 1 Socket 775
Expansion Slots 3 PCI, 1 AGP, 1 CNR
RAM Slots 2 DDR DIMM
Integrated Devices Audio, Video, LAN
Form Factor Micro ATX
Motherboard Size 220 mm x 240 mm
Motherboard Chipset P4M800

Motherboard Manufacturer
Company Name Elitegroup Computer Systems
Product Information http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWeb/Products/ProductList.aspx?CategoryID=1&MenuID=16&LanID=0
BIOS Download http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWeb/Downloads/Category_Download.aspx?Categoryid=1

Display

PCI/AGP video
Device Description Device Type
VIA/S3 UniChrome Pro Video Adapter
VIA/S3 UniChrome Pro 3D Accelerator

GPU
Device Description
Integrated: VIA/S3 Unichrome Pro Integrated
Field Value
Graphics Processor Properties
Video Adapter VIA/S3 Unichrome Pro Integrated
GPU Code Name UniChrome Pro
PCI Device 1106 / 3344
Bus Type Integrated
GPU Clock 200 MHz
RAMDAC Clock 350 MHz
Pixel Pipelines 2
TMU Per Pipeline 1
Vertex Shaders Not Supported
Pixel Shaders Not Supported
DirectX Hardware Support DirectX v6.0
Pixel Fillrate 400 MPixel/s
Texel Fillrate 400 MTexel/s

Memory Bus Properties
Bus Type DDR
Real Clock 200 MHz (DDR)
Effective Clock 400 MHz

Graphics Processor Manufacturer
Company Name VIA Technologies, Inc.
Product Information http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/graphics
Driver Download http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=70

Chipset
Field Value
North Bridge Properties
North Bridge VIA P4M800 Pro
Revision 00
In-Order Queue Depth 12

Integrated Graphics Controller
Graphics Controller Type VIA/S3 UniChrome Pro
Graphics Controller Status Disabled

AGP Controller
AGP Version 3.05
AGP Status Enabled
AGP Device VIA/S3 Unichrome Pro Integrated
AGP Aperture Size 64 MB
Supported AGP Speeds 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x
Current AGP Speed 8x
Fast-Write Supported, Disabled
Side Band Addressing Supported, Enabled

Chipset Manufacturer
Product Information http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/chipsets
Driver Download http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=2
12-11-2007, 08:32 AM,
RE: ECS P4M800-M7
make sure you have loaded the via 4 in one driver and the vga driver both found here at ECS
http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Products/ProductsDetail.aspx?detailid=531&DetailName=Driver&MenuID=7&LanID=0

The 4 in one driver loads up the agp port drivers without it the vga drivers does not always work 100%
please do not email me, please use the forum to request driver support.
12-11-2007, 12:34 PM,
i downloaded the 4in1 driver (the first file in the site you had given me) and the km400xp(the VGA driver, also listed first in the VGA drivers below).
first i run the "INSTMSIA", then the "SETUP.exe" both found in the downloaded 4in1 driver folder. After I can't find anymore executable file to install, i opened the other downloaded file, the vga driver(km400xp). I run the "SETUP.exe", then it says "Setup was unable to complete the installation. Check the progress log in your windows directory for more details". What will i do then?
12-11-2007, 01:02 PM,
hey dave, thank you very much! my problem is fixed now. i downloaded the p4m800p2k thing, the 14.3MB one. and i installed it and my DirectDraw now is enabled and i'am now able to run games. Hope you can help more people and more power to this site! My problem now is the "S3" icon appearing in my taskbar everytime my computer starts. When i right click it it shows display modes , S3Display , S3gamma Plus and etc.. Is there any way to hide it or dont run it? Or is it required to be run? My scheduled task is clear anyway. Thanks!
12-11-2007, 01:46 PM,
you should be able to remove that icon from display settings in control panel.
click start , control panel , display , advanced , s3
remove the tick from the box that says place icon in taskbar

on some early models this option was not there and you can remove it from using msconfig from run command startup tab but its not really hurting the pc in anyway its just a short cut to the video card settings.
if it don't bother you just leave it there.
10-07-2009, 04:12 AM,
Hello,Dave. I need your help. i don't know how to fix this problem. First, i have a problem about my Display settings. I can't play any game. My DirectDraw is disabled and i can't enable it. Second, i installing s3 driver and then i run the "SETUP.exe", then it says "Setup was unable to complete the installation. Check the progress log in your windows directory for more details". What will i do then? Please help me........ My motherboard is P4M800-M7. tell me step by step....... please...
10-07-2009, 07:34 AM,
really depends on if your using the onboard video card or a stand alone plug in card.
first you really need to find out what card you have and thats simple enough to do.

click here and download everest.
http://www.davesdrivers.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=656&pid=4024#pid4024

install and run that program.

with the program running look in the left hand list for display, click the little + next to it.
then click GPU

please post back with what everest tells you and what windows you are running.
10-08-2009, 08:28 AM,
Windows XP service pack 2

DISPLAY
GPU

Field Value
Graphics Processor Properties
Video Adapter VIA/S3 Unichrome Pro Integrated
GPU Code Name UniChrome Pro
PCI Device 1106 / 3344
Bus Type Integrated
GPU Clock 200 MHz
RAMDAC Clock 350 MHz
Pixel Pipelines 2
TMU Per Pipeline 1
Vertex Shaders Not Supported
Pixel Shaders Not Supported
DirectX Hardware Support DirectX v6.0
Pixel Fillrate 400 MPixel/s
exel Fillrate 400 MTexel/s

Field Value
Memory Bus Properties
Bus Type DDR
Real Clock 200 MHz (DDR)
Effective Clock 400 MHz

Field Value
Graphics Processor Manufacturer
Product Information http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/graphics

Driver Download http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=70
10-08-2009, 09:54 AM,
ok so you are running the onboard via video.
it would fail if you have not loaded the correct motherboard drivers with the correct AGP support so i will list two sets of drivers that should be loaded in the order i post them.

via 4 in one driver. http://www.viaarena.com/Driver/VIA_HyperionPro_V524A.zip

restart pc when installed

s3/via Unichrome Pro http://www.viaarena.com/Driver/P4M800Pro-P4M800CE_220001z_XP_wIShld_logod.zip

again restart when installed

both of those drivers are winzip files and should be fully unpacked before you try installing them or that will make them fail as well
10-09-2009, 07:36 AM,
Wink  RE: ECS P4M800-M7
thanks dave...you are very intelligent and now i have s3 display.. Thank you very much dave... you like an angel.bye...
11-09-2009, 04:56 AM,
Hey Dave, I'm not so good with computers. But i want to upgrade my computer so i can play Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2. My computer description is exactly the same as Ivan24. I was wondering if you can give me some pointer to how i can accomplish making my computer better. Like what video card i should buy and some other stuff if need. Thank you
11-09-2009, 06:54 AM,
i need to check the game specs and find out what is the min you need to run that game.
onboard gfx is never any good at playing good games and that board only has a AGP port so its limited to older cards.

if you can please post the following information
click start, control panel , double click system icon

on the first screen you will see the cpu and memory amount listed.
please let me know what that tells you.
11-10-2009, 12:10 AM,
Intel ®
Pentium ® 4 CPU 3.00GHz
3.00GHz,960 MB of RAM
11-10-2009, 06:44 AM,
that game needs a big system in order to run.

for your self to run it you will need to get the best AGP card which was the nvidia 6800 ultra.
your cpu is a little below what the game needs as well being a 3 gig p4
the game wants 3.2 gig p4 , where i can't see that being a massive problem myself.

memory amount is 1 gig which you have or should i say you will have if you plug a AGP card in to the system.

now ebay is going to be your best chance of getting one of those cards now but please keep in mind those geforce 6800 ultra need two power connections from your psu.
the card alone draws 250watts at its peak.

that means you will have to take a good look at your psu as well.
anything below 600Watt is not going to run that card and your pc while you play that sort of game.

a weedy psu will give up the ghost the moment you plug that video card in to the system.
11-10-2009, 06:55 AM,
Does the video card work for PC cause it looks liek its say its for MAC only
11-10-2009, 09:41 AM,
no they do them for the pc as well.
the ones i just checked on ebay ( uk ) are old stock they can't sell.
the only ones i can find are the 6800 GT which is not worth the money has it only had half the pipe lanes of the ultra.

the ultra version was the best card and they don't show up much on ebay as people with older machines tend to hang on to them but every now and then they show up

now what i can do for you is this.
My friend has a pc shop in the uk, i can phone him and ask if he has a geforce 6800 ultra , i can also find out how much he wants for it as well.
don't worry i will beat him down on price i know what his like , lol lol

if your not in the uk postage will be more then the card , so if your in say the usa look on the usa ebay for the card.
11-11-2009, 01:46 AM,
I live in the USA. Maybe if you can show me a picture of how it looks like because theres a lot of different kinds when i look around and its getting really confusing. Thank you
11-11-2009, 07:11 AM,
no problem this is the card your looking for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GeForce-6800-6800u-ULTRA-OC-256-Ram-Ultra-AGP-4-8x_W0QQitemZ130340506465QQcmdZViewItemQQ​ptZPCC_Video_TV_Cards?hash=item1e58e64b6​1

thats the only one i can see on ebay in the usa thats for a pc.

now i will give youa tip with these cards as the fans are powerful on them.
if you look at that picture you will see the BFG plate that covers most of the heatsink, these tend to build up with dust with months of working.
when you get a card look at that plate you see it has very very small screws holding that name plate to the heatsink.
take a very small x head screwdriver and remove all the screws, don't worry the card won't fall to bits doing that just that upper cover will come off.
get a clean dry stiff paintbrush and clean out all the crap thats built up, then put the plate back on.

that will stop any possible problems with heat when playing top end games.

as these are now old cards the chances of getting a brand new one are low, so to make the best of second hand hardware i always advise a good clean up before you put anything inside your machine
11-13-2009, 05:40 AM,
Yay! Thank you for ALL YOUR HELP! Ill be sure to do everything, Hopefully this will work :]
11-22-2009, 05:15 AM,
Question  RE: ECS P4M800-pin478
hey,dave please help me...?
sy pny mainboard ECS P4M800 pin 478 dan sy beli VGA Card Nvidia Gforce FX5500 AGP 8x 256 Mb, knp pd saat sy instal driver VGA nya ga support ya...?pd saat instal sdg brjalan langsung muncul ket Hardware tdk comptible,maksud ny apa ya ....?dan saya sdh coba memakai VGA Card pny tmn jg g bs ngangkat dlm arti pd saat booting windows slalu tdk da tampilan nya...!mohon bantuan ny dave...?