Copyright Daves Drivers 2007-2017

Facebook Share

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ECS P4M800-M7
well i done my best to translate what you were saying here.

not sure i fully understand what you are saying but i can see you have the FX5500 AGP card

to get that card working fully you need to install the the main motherboard drivers which load up the full agp support for that board.
you can download them from here.
http://www.viaarena.com/Driver/VIA_Hyper..._V524A.zip

once you have installed those restart the computer then install the geforce drivers direct from nvidia.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_175.19_whql.html

note all these drivers are for windows xp if your not using windows xp please post back and let me know what windows you are using.
Sad 
pls help me...
Good day!

my problem is my cpu.. heres my spec..
ECS P4M800-M7
intel celeron 2.66ghz
PALIT FX5200 AGPBX 128mb
512mb ram

i upgraded my VGA and memory.. i bought POWERCOLOR X1650 PRO 512MB to replace my old VGA.. i have 7 out of 8 units of ecs p4m800-m7 running perfectly with POWERCOLOR X1650 PRO 512MB except in 1pc.. i tried replacing memory, power supply, hard disk processsor etch.. but it doesnt work.. i also tried resseting the bios but still d same.. the problem is when i turn on the cpu.. the pc hang in bios.. but when i put my old VGA its working fine.. i tried replacing the VGA with the working POWERCOLOR X1650 PRO.. its still the same.. what could be the problem?? i hope someone could help me.. Thx & Godbless!
the fx5200 is a nvidia card and the x1650 is ati
does the system hang on both these cards or just the ati ?

if its hanging on the ati make sure you have swiched off the onboard vga support and tell the bios first display is AGP and not PCI

from what i can tell it does not need extra power support from the main PSU but make sure your using a 400watt + main psu just in case you do not have enough to power the card, board and cpu.
the system hang only in ati..

if its hanging on the ati make sure you have swiched off the onboard vga support and tell the bios first display is AGP and not PCI
- i already did.. it doest work..

- im using 450watts PSU..

what should i do? anyway,, thanks dave6.. ^_^
might just be a case of that board does not like that ati card.

it won't be the first time i have come across such a problem with ati cards.

not really much else you can try or i can think of.

if you know what version of the board you have version 1 or 2 you could try updating the bios from ecs, but that does carry a risk of a dead board if things go wrong.
its version 2 same with the other 7 units.. im planning to update the bios.. but im afraid of the risk.. :(
sorry to say we all run that risk when updating a bios.

the only advice i can give you is to use your old fx card to stop the system hanging while you do the update.

if possible, use a ups and backup your old bios first before the flash.

i admit i have had two dead boards in my life due to bios updates going wrong on me.
i updated the bios.. thanks God it didnt mess up.. ^_^
but still the POWERCOLOR X1650 PRO failed to boot up.. i tried replacing it an ati radeon(128mb only).. it works.. what could be the problem?
if the radeon is working and the nvidia is working i would double test the x1650 just to be on the safe side.

i have a feeling its just that board don't like the input output range of that card.
i have formatted my pc
the driver setup.exe file in my motherboard CD doesn't run
it says setup file missing
so i need to install all drivers manually
what drivers should i install & in what order
i had tried myself but when i try to play games it shows "no valid texture format"
i cheked my system with your everest home edition
the GPU details are

Field Value
Graphics Processor Properties
Video Adapter VIA/S3 UniChrome Integrated
GPU Code Name UniChrome
PCI Device 1106 / 7205
Bus Type Integrated
GPU Clock 133 MHz
RAMDAC Clock 250 MHz
Pixel Pipelines 1
TMU Per Pipeline 1
Vertex Shaders Not Supported
Pixel Shaders Not Supported
DirectX Hardware Support DirectX v6.0
Pixel Fillrate 133 MPixel/s
Texel Fillrate 133 MTexel/s

Memory Bus Properties
Bus Type DDR
Bus Width 64-bit
Real Clock 133 MHz (DDR)
Effective Clock 266 MHz
Bandwidth 2128 MB/s

Graphics Processor Manufacturer
Company Name VIA Technologies, Inc.
Product Information http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/graphics
Driver Download http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=70

i also tried the setups to recommended to am93
first setup was installed but the second one showed error"setup was unable to instal please check the windows directory log"
plz help me out of this
thanks in advance
i see your running the onboard video,
first off update direct x
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en

then if you follow my advice in post 9 on this topic you should get a full set of working drivers.

http://www.davesdrivers.com/forum/showth...hp?tid=542
hello

i have the s3...i think the via/s3g unichrome pro igp before...
..i think i had uninstalled it..the s3 icon in the takbar dont anymore apear when startup..so i look at the add/remove..and i remove the s3.also delete s3 in the prgramfiles...

im trying to install it again,..the p4m8000p2k.. i extract it to localdiskC.and make a folder..named it "Driver" and i extract it here..in the "Driver".
i go to the win2kxp folder..and i run the setup.. "via/s3g unichrome family win2k/xp/srvr03 disply driver setup" then i says..
"setup unable to complete the installation.check d prgress log n W drectory 4 more details. (-5) >C:\windows\s3iscfg.log

i also try to run the s3minset but same happened.(errcode5)
..also run the vttimer and vttrayp..but nothing happened
when i run the data1 and data 2archive...it says unknownformat/damaged.

and in the"x64" i do the same..but same happened.

then when i look to the "display properties"..settings. the display is "plug and play monitor on via/s3g unichrome pro igp"...the screenresulotion is on 600x??(forgot)8bit,..then i change it to 1024x768 32bit...then in advanced there is the s3display..etc. ... and in adapter..properties....itsays"driver for this device are not installed"

when i restart my pc... and then go back to the dsplyprprts...it is back again to normal...the via/s3g unichrome pro igp is not there anymore..

so,.what should i do?? help me pls. thnks in advnce ^^
what windows are you running ?
windows xp
ok you have two options in trying to get back the driver you uninstalled.
but first off its important that your direct x is up to date.
please update drect x here
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en

restart the pc once that is done.

option 1 roll back the driver, go in to device manager,
click the little plus next to display adapters, right click on the adapter it calls up, click driver tab, click roll back driver.

option 2 use system restore and go back to a date you know the driver was fully working.
click start, programs, accessories, system tools, system restore.
after i go to the device manager and click the little plus,.there is the VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP. small monitor icon and have X on it
i right click it, and i click the enable. then i restarted my pc and after, the s3trayplus utility is on the taskbar near the clock.
i think it is already ok? but, the s3 that i had deleted in the add or remove program and in the program files is no more.
so, what do you think? is this already ok? do i still need to have the s3 in the add/rmve prgrms and in the prgrmfiles? or i will try again to run the setup in the p4m800p2k?

i have one more problem again. the task manager is not running. im pressing alt+ctrl+delete but nothing happened, just the busyloading in the pointer appeared fastly and gone fastly. so, what should i do?

tnx for all and sorry for my bad english. hehehe ^^
sounds like you have deleted the s3 driver and you are now running on a microsoft driver from windows update.

however if its doing what it should then thats fine.

you can still roll back the driver if you want to.

if i was you i would run a anti virus scan and a anti-spyware scan in case you have something nasty in your computer.
sounds like a virus is not letting you start taskmanager.

if you have no anti-virus or spyware programs download soem free programs, both of these i have used and tested myself.

http://downloads.cnet.co.uk/0,39100210,39182646s,00.htm

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-An...tag=button

update both those programs once they are intsalled and run them on your machine.
Davey,
Sorry for reviving an old post but would you happen to have drivers for this video adapter for windows 7? I have been looking for days with no luck. I broke down and bought a new card for the users machine and even though I set PCI as the primary device in BIOS it will not boot from it. I think it's because the new card is a GeForce 8400 (PCI) and it requires 350 Watts of power according to the box. The P/S on this machine is a 330 max. This machine is for a friend of mine and even though the windows VGA drivers look great she still wants to be able to use all the windows 7 screen savers but you get that standard error "screen saver can't run because it requires a newer video card or one thats compatible with Direct3D". I love windows 7 but it never detects older video cards :<(

Thanks for any help,
George

(03-19-2010, 04:46 PM)vijay Wrote: Field Value
Graphics Processor Properties
Video Adapter VIA/S3 UniChrome Integrated
GPU Code Name UniChrome
PCI Device 1106 / 7205
Bus Type Integrated
GPU Clock 133 MHz
RAMDAC Clock 250 MHz
Pixel Pipelines 1
TMU Per Pipeline 1
Vertex Shaders Not Supported
Pixel Shaders Not Supported
DirectX Hardware Support DirectX v6.0
Pixel Fillrate 133 MPixel/s
Texel Fillrate 133 MTexel/s
Graphics Processor Manufacturer
Company Name VIA Technologies, Inc.
Product Information http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/graphics
Driver Download http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=70
thanks in advance

i think i can see where you have gone wrong here.
the geforce 8400 is pci express x2 card, its not a standard pci card and i am suprised you even got it to fit a slot.
the main gfx slot on that board is AGP only.
nvidia support that right up to the geforce 7300, but as far as i know they did not do the geforce 8400 in agp.

the main onboard video on that board is built in the Via p4m800 chipset.
now checking with them they don't seem to have anything better then whats already built in to windows 7.

i am sorry to say that onboard gfx is very limited 3d wise.
i think your best choice here would be to take that new card back and get a AGP card off ebay or new if possible.
going by the age of that machine and the psu inside it i would say go for the geforce 6200 agp 256meg.
that will support almost all of the windows 7 eye candy and screen savers.