Davesdrivers copyright 2007-2019

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polaroid PDC2070 Vista driver needed
I upgraded recently to Windows Vista Business 2 bits. My Polaroid PDC 2070 doesn't work anymore as a webcam (it did under XP).

When I try to install the webcam I got the following message from Vista:

Problem caused by Icatch(IV) Still Camera Device

This problem was caused by a compatibility issue between Windows Vista and Icatch(IV) Still Camera Device.

Icatch(IV) Still Camera Device is usually distributed by the company that manufactured your device or computer.

Note: If you bought Icatch(IV) Still Camera Device from a retailer and installed it yourself, you will need to contact the manufacturer of Icatch(IV) Still Camera Device.

Where can I find a Vista webcam driver for my cam???

Any help will be really appeciated.
I forgot to mention that chipset of the Polaroid 2070 is Sunplus 533.
i have a feeling that vista is not going to work with this cam as that is a old chipset.

you can try the Compatibility Wizard built in to vista but you stand a 25% chance of it working.
have a read of this it will help you with the compatibility wizard.
http://www.davesdrivers.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2
Many thanks for your reply Davey.

I ran the camera install program under Windows XP SP2 compatibility and got the same problem.

The camera works fine as a mass storage device. It doesn't work as webcam. When I try to install the webcam driver ca533av.sys from my hard disk I got a message saying the driver can't be installed because a file is not found.

Any other idea?????
I might have the Sunplus 533 stand alone driver on one of my disk i will do my best to find it for you tomorrow after i have had some sleep.

see if vista will accept that.
if it don't i am sorry to say the cam won't work.
well i have at long last found this driver.
took some finding , it was sitting on a hard drive from 2004.
the driver is added at the bottom of the post.

try to use the setup icon with the Compatibility Wizard and see if it installs.

i did notice in my notes on this driver that i listed it as windows 98 to 2k so its a old one but its the only one i have.

Attached Files
.zip   spca533driver.zip (Size: 1.77 MB / Downloads: 83)
does not appear to work in win7
I am not over suprised that this cam did not work with windows 7
the only thing you can try is the compatibility wizard.
if that fails to get it working you can try windows update by going online then connecting the cam
when it fails to install, go in to device manager and right click on the problem cam.
click update driver, allow windows to search online.

one thing i should really point out this cam is 32bit only
its really too old to expect it to work with windows 64bit
With getting it to work under Windows 7, if you have the appropriate version, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate then you could install XPMode and run the webcam under XPMode. It may work or even easier and cheaper, buy a new webcam.
I ran the camera install program under Windows XP SP2 compatibility and got the same problem.

The camera works fine as a mass storage device. It doesn't work as webcam. When I try to install the webcam driver ca533av.sys from my hard disk I got a message saying the driver can't be installed because a file is not found.
This driver i have just uploaded is the full ripped polaroid version of their software and driver that came shipped with that cam.

the funny thing is i just managed to load this on to windows 7 64bit without too much of a fight.
i don't have this cam but even so i managed to install the complete software and driver.

Attached Files
.rar   Polaroid PDC2070.rar (Size: 2.29 MB / Downloads: 3)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Zs211 drivers needed for vista ashwinsinha 3 6,288 11-28-2008, 01:59 PM
Last Post: davey6
  driver needed please markflack 1 3,874 11-27-2008, 05:44 PM
Last Post: ashwinsinha