Davesdrivers copyright 2007-2020

Poll: did we help you
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
100.00%
11 100.00%
No
0%
0 0%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feed Back
Did Davesdrivers help you solve your problem ?
heeeeelo.

this forum was really helpful.

but... i was wondering if you would start posting drivers for other OS's...

cumps
other o/s ?

such as linux or mac ?

if that is the case no at the moment i have no plans on supporting those o/s
as it is my baby site has out grown my host and i have to look for a much bigger host for next year.
I use Ubuntu on various rigs I've built, and have yet to find anything that doesn't work with it, as they keep updating constantly. Their open support is very good, and even provide detection and downloads of proprietary drivers, if needed. Used it on the same rig I now run Vista on, and it set up much easier, and ran faster.

Mac is pretty much stand-alone.
Smile 
YES! YES! YES! Definitely a big help. a learned a lot and still keep on learning. One thing that i loved on this forum is that they always extending their help to resolve your problem on your computer.

I salute this site! bow! wow! wow! lol!

actually i found my self like this forum. everytime you help me, i also helped my friends here in japan who also encounter different kinds of problem in their respective computers.

i am very proud to become a member on this forum and glad to say, i am happy to become your student... hehehe! really, you are my teachers/masters.
glad you like the site.
we are all learning even myself, a day you don't learn something new is a day wasted.
Got to keep the brain muscles exercised. :loll:
the site is included on my daily visiting routine web site. Grin
pasound Wrote:Got to keep the brain muscles exercised. :loll:

Yep, mine is exercised everytime I take a dump. Muhahahaha
davey6 Wrote:Did Davesdrivers help you solve your problem ?
almost always and the time or 3 that you didnt was either because we all ran out of ideals or I just said f*&k it and reformatted lol

RockClap
Wink 
(04-18-2008, 07:09 PM)davey6 Wrote: Did Davesdrivers help you solve your problem ?

yeah alot.. and thanks for the help...

this site is really in informative... and the admins are kind and understanding too... add up their activeness in terms of solving problems and answering questions

:Clap:
I dont know if I have ever said this publicly or not before dave but it was actually you and Bigggles that first gave me the courage to actually start trying to fix my own stuff and I wanted to say
thank you to both of you .
can you believe how far I have come in just the 3 years or so since I first met you guys online
And that is how we all started. No knowledge but by playing and taking baby steps we all got better. I don't know if you guys have noticed yet but you actually learn more when you try and help others. The reason is that if you don't know the answer then you go and research the problem and discover all sorts of info while you are looking for suggestions to solve the problem. Often much of what you learn has no relation to that particular problem but does to one that gets asked several days, weeks or months later. It is very satisfying when you remember something you read about sometime earlier and it helps the member posting their problem.
yeah is good to know that we helped out in such a way they you now feel you can help yourself.
like biggles said , small step first, .
i have found this with my site and others.
keep the advice as simple as possible, try to explane things if the person has no idea what windows or a device driver is all about,
i always stop and think about a answer before i hit the keys in my mind i think " whats the best way to put this "
thats why with networking biggles has the edge on me , i can't put in to simple words how to do networking.

this site is what 19 months old , in that time i have had to learn more about webcams then i ever thought i would have to in my whole life.
downgrading is another thing i have had to read, read ,read ,read and read, its been good for me and the site,

you will never stop learning new things now, what you know will stay there now, what you don't know will come with time.
i am already looking at the new intel X58 chipset , ( Codename 'Tylersburg' )
the new i7 intel cpu will have 1,366 pins yes 1,366 pins in one socket.
i have to stay ahead of this stuff or the site will die, i need to know what is , what might be and whats pie in the sky
(08-29-2008, 06:59 PM)davey6 Wrote: this site is what 19 months old , in that time i have had to learn more about webcams then i ever thought i would have to in my whole life.
downgrading is another thing i have had to read, read ,read ,read and read, its been good for me and the site,
I have seen some of the downgrade issues taht you guys have had to face especially with the HP/compaq downgrades .
I dont see how your poor monitors survived unfisted lol
ROFL some of them didn't...
...nor many OS installs, hard drives, power supplies, motherboards...
yup i agree i have had to walk away a few times when looking so hard you can't see the tress through the woods.

never lost it while doing a site such as this but sometimes you need a break as your mind fills up with clutter.
jumping from topic to topic only makes you more confused.
its been known for me to give up and go to bed only to wake up a few hours later with the answer log on and post the answer then go back to bed.
now thats sad when you reach that stage...

sometimes i just wish i could defrag my own memories in to some sort of order so i could reach the answer faster.
nothing worse then knowning you seen this question and answered that question before and can't dam well remmeber it aaarrrrhhhh that drives me mad.
gee i have done 19 post's today no wonder i feel a bit confused , some have taken heavy reading and in Japanese of all things , no wonder i feel tired, but then again that might also have something to do with the 1/2 bottle of southen comfort inside me...
davey is not allowed to drink but sometimes old davey just forgets that and sinks his fav drink

going to bed for a few hours sleep, then wake up and do it all again lol lol
what a sad little life i have.
(08-29-2008, 10:16 PM)davey6 Wrote: gee i have done 19 post's today no wonder i feel a bit confused , some have taken heavy reading and in Japanese of all things , no wonder i feel tired, but then again that might also have something to do with the 1/2 bottle of southen comfort inside me...
davey is not allowed to drink but sometimes old davey just forgets that and sinks his fav drink

going to bed for a few hours sleep, then wake up and do it all again lol lol
what a sad little life i have.

davey did the right thing after all dont drink and admin lol
see wide awake and back on the forum ,, 4 hours sleep and i feel fine now.
watch the old sun come up with a nice cup of tea. sets you up for the day.