Davesdrivers copyright 2007-2022

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with Standard VGA Video Adapter
Hi

I've had to rebuild my Presario 2123AP Laptop and am having all sorts of problem trying to find a Standard VGA Video Adapter to download. It has a yellow question mark next to it. When I try to update it, the install goes all the through to the end and I get an error message that doesn't help me at all.

I noticed in another post that you suggested downloading a driver and pointing the install wizard to this on the desktop (or wherever you saved it). All I need now is where to find the dirver to download! I've run Everest and here are all the details:

Field Value
Computer
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Service Pack Service Pack 2
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name KHYLIE
User Name Khylie Wood

Motherboard
CPU Type Mobile AMD Athlon XP, 1066 MHz (8 x 133)
Motherboard Name Hewlett-Packard Presario 2100
Motherboard Chipset ATI Radeon IGP-320M
System Memory 192 MB (PC2100 DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type Phoenix (12/17/02)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port ECP Printer Port (LPT1)

Display
Video Adapter ATI Radeon IGP-320M (U1)
3D Accelerator ATI Radeon IGP-320M (U1)

Multimedia
Audio Adapter ULi/ALi M5451 AC-Link Controller Audio Device

Storage
IDE Controller ALi M5229 PCI Bus Master IDE Controller
Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive
Disk Drive IC25N040ATCS04-0 (40 GB, 4200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100)
Optical Drive QSI CDRW/DVD SBW-241 (DVD:8x, CD:24x/16x/24x DVD-ROM/CD-RW)
SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions
C: (NTFS) 38146 MB (33845 MB free)

Input
Keyboard Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
Mouse PS/2 Compatible Mouse

Network
Network Adapter National Semiconductor DP83815-Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter (60.226.100.93)

Peripherals
Printer EPSON Stylus Photo R310 Series
Printer Microsoft Office Document Image Writer
USB1 Controller ULi/ALi M5237 USB Open Host Controller
Battery Microsoft AC Adapter
Battery Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

I really hope you can help me because I'm about to lose my mind!!

Thanks in advance
Khylie
Brisbane,
Australia
laptop gfx differ from that in a desktop, most of the drivers come from the people that make the laptop in your case this would be hp.

click this link and download the ati control panel and the ati mobility video card driver.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=297835&lang=en#

install the driver first then the control panel and it should sort out your problem.
davey6 Wrote:laptop gfx differ from that in? ? a desktop, most of the drivers come from the people that make the laptop in your case this would be hp.

click this link and download the ati control panel and the ati mobility video card driver.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=297835&lang=en#

install the driver first then the control panel and it should sort out your problem.

Thanks Davey. Unfortunately I have tried those downloads before (and just did them again to make sure) and get this error message right at the end of the install:

"Setup was unable to complete the installation. Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup"

Any other suggestions? You can see now why I'm about to go insane!!!
Thanks
Khylie
Try reinstalling the driver by using the Update Driver (Driver Tab in the driver Properties page) option in Device Manager . When asked, point to the location on the HDD where the driver you downloaded was extracted to. (Run the exe again if you didn't see it the first time round).

If that doesn't work, delete the faulty driver and try running the install again.

Post back with the results.
did you reinstall windows on your laptop to get this problem or did the driver just stop working ?

did you try and update the driver with the correct driver still installed ?
if you did that it can mess up the ati files.

if you have not reinstalled windows xp on your laptop but have tried updating the driver use system restore built into windows and go back to a date before any changes were made.

i just need a little more background on this error so i can try and think why this driver won't install.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  video controller (vga compatible) problem skrewt005 1 9,143 12-17-2009, 02:34 PM
Last Post: davey6
  display adapter installed . . . NOT rkillings 1 6,343 02-14-2009, 10:50 AM
  and another video card problem rring 1 6,430 09-13-2008, 10:46 PM
  nVidia video driver problem - please help webmistressrj 1 6,235 05-16-2008, 05:20 PM