Davesdrivers copyright 2007-2019

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
xp driver Xircom usb to serial 9-pin converter (PGSDB9)
hi davey6,

hope you have an xp driver for this one. what i have is for win2000 only.

thanks in advance.

kire
your not going to like me for this answer Eek

Intel took over the xircom name years ago and stopped support.
the only drivers i can still find listed at intel are here.
http://support.intel.com/support/periphe...021120.htm

win 2k being the last.

now xp is part based on 2k so try and load the last driver from the above link in to windows xp it may well work.

when you do the install make sure you shut down your firewall and antivirus software that will help windows see the driver and what you are trying to do.
thank you very much davey06...i will give you feedback for the result... :)
I tried installing the W2K driver for this device on XP. XP found and started to install it but then posted a warning - A driver is installed that causes stability problems with your system. This driver will be disabled.
-
Sounds like it is time to give up on this one.
intel will be stopping this driver in the next few weeks so i have download it and have uploaded it to this post along with its manual
its a driver that needs to be installed by device manager.

Attached Files
.zip   intel 9pin.zip (Size: 235.82 KB / Downloads: 221)
.zip   manual.zip (Size: 1.82 MB / Downloads: 130)
I have the driver but Windows XP will not let me install it. Is there a way to override and allow XP to install it? Should I even try? Why does XP not allow me to install it?
I get the following when trying to install the W2K driver on XP
-
Xircom/Entrega USB to Serial Converter
XIRCOM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Issue Description:

A driver is installed that causes stability problems with your system. This driver will be disabled. Please contact the driver manufacturer for an update that is compatible with this version of Windows.
sorry that is the last driver xircom made for that cable as they sold out to intel who stopped support for the xircom brand name.

now you can try the Windows XP Compatibility Mode it might get it working for you.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using...ompat.mspx

like vista this is supose to help get older programs and some hardware running.
I could not get the W2K driver to work. I will have to buy another brand.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  x64 driver for HL-340 usb > serial device MASTER-M 28 124,958 12-17-2012, 06:40 PM
Last Post: nam183sai
  xp driver for usb to serial cable HL-340 FirstOrbit84 29 119,757 03-04-2012, 10:14 PM
Last Post: davey6
Sad new xp driver for usb to serial cable HL-340 tatoox 1 8,879 06-12-2010, 10:50 AM
  xp driver for usb to serial cable HL-340 coolman 19 86,795 03-06-2010, 12:46 AM
Last Post: mostafa khalil
  xp driver for usb to serial cable HL-340 bobidiboo 80 482,954 10-31-2008, 08:55 AM