Facebook Share

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compaq Presaria V3000 LAN drivers
ok that laptop has two memory slots.
max memory it will support is 4 gig or 2 x 2 gig
speed is ddr 667.

or in pc terms DDR2 PC2-5300 sodimm.

good makes of memory are kingston, CORSAIR , OZC.

how to install that memory on that laptop please check HP direct
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docum...ct=3554086

little tip when installing memory on a laptop , remove all power, mains and battery before you start.
Dear Brother,
Thanks for your help...
Could you please tell me whether my system is 32 bit or 64 bit?
Will 1 GB RAM will be sufficient for my Laptop or I have to use two RAMS of 1 GB (total 2 GB RAM).
Thanks!!

(03-17-2010, 02:35 PM)davey6 Wrote: ok that laptop has two memory slots.
max memory it will support is 4 gig or 2 x 2 gig
speed is ddr 667.

or in pc terms DDR2 PC2-5300 sodimm.

good makes of memory are kingston, CORSAIR , OZC.

how to install that memory on that laptop please check HP direct
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docum...ct=3554086

little tip when installing memory on a laptop , remove all power, mains and battery before you start.
your system is a 64bit.
you have a dual core AMD CPU
1.80 AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile

I would ditch that single memory chip you have already in that laptop
and go for a matched pair of 1 gig chips or if your money allows a matched pair of 2 gig chips.
windows 7 64bit will see and use all 4 gig.

windows 7 is much like windows vista, the more memory you have the more it will use.
Dear Friend,
Thanks a lot for kindly help.
Following Site helped me in choosing the RAM for me.
http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.a...0%20Series
With best regards,

(03-17-2010, 05:24 PM)davey6 Wrote: your system is a 64bit.
you have a dual core AMD CPU
1.80 AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile

I would ditch that single memory chip you have already in that laptop
and go for a matched pair of 1 gig chips or if your money allows a matched pair of 2 gig chips.
windows 7 64bit will see and use all 4 gig.

windows 7 is much like windows vista, the more memory you have the more it will use.
crucial is good memory i have that in my server machine.

remember when handling ram to hold it by its edges only, never touch the chips or the contacts.
the grease from your hands can cause problems.

with a laptop you fit the sim by lining up the lug, push it fulling home in to the seat then push the back of the sim down towards the motherboard till you hear the two clicks from the holding clips.
its not very hard to do, but please take care not to over force things and to keep your fingers off the motherboard and contacts at all times.
if in doubt wear thin rubber gloves.
Dear Davey6,
Thanks a lot for your valuable help.
I could format and install the Windows 7 64-bit operating system while upgrading my RAM to 2.5 GB. Thanks for your valuable tips for adding the new RAM. My laptop is working fine now. However, one problem is still there about sound. My High Definition Conexant Audio driver is not working for me. When I try to install, it fails. When I update the windows, it get updates, says your audio drivers are up-to-date. But still I don;t get sound. When I connect Plantronics Wireless Ear phone, then it gives sound only. When I remove that Ear Phone, then no sound, cross red mark comes on the task-bar sound icon. I tried to get solution over the net, but couldn't get successful solution. I hope to get good solution in this forum.
Thanking you...

(03-17-2010, 08:33 PM)davey6 Wrote: crucial is good memory i have that in my server machine.

remember when handling ram to hold it by its edges only, never touch the chips or the contacts.
the grease from your hands can cause problems.

with a laptop you fit the sim by lining up the lug, push it fulling home in to the seat then push the back of the sim down towards the motherboard till you hear the two clicks from the holding clips.
its not very hard to do, but please take care not to over force things and to keep your fingers off the motherboard and contacts at all times.
if in doubt wear thin rubber gloves.
the problem is the audio driver is working its the auto detect on the headphones thats not.
its not switching over from headphones to speakers.
that is normal of this conexant sound under xp but not so much under vista.

before i carry on with another idea please take your headphones out, double click the little speaker on the taskbar,
make sure there is no tick on mute all, if there is remove the tick and click ok.

now as you have upgraded to windows 7 64 bit you should try loading the vista 64 bit driver which hp offer and can be found here.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softw...00&lang=en

windows 7 will accept this driver as its still basic vista under that nice new skin.

before you load that make sure you remove any other drivers you have loaded from add remove programs.
if it fails to work the way you want load it with the compatibility wizard.
how to find that can be found here. http://www.davesdrivers.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
MyBB XP drivers for compaq V6205nr meow 7 7,888 06-04-2010, 04:28 PM
Last Post: davey6
  Needs drivers for compaq presario v3500 pointblank 10 20,062 09-03-2008, 05:03 PM
  Compaq Presario V3000 Win XP Driver Needed ahmad.ariffin 4 6,253 02-14-2008, 07:29 PM
  Need help to install drivers for HP/Compaq V6205NR diamondbac 7 8,348 10-10-2007, 02:33 PM